Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

NBM
    98 trans am

friend almost dies...

my friend got a NBM 02 ws6 about 8 months ago.. he drives it like an idiot, ive told him he needs to chill out on his driving. well last night, he was going 110(with 3 other passengers) down 169 in the middle lane. a car switches lanes right in front of him and he swerves into the left lane, and loses it. he hits the median and the car swerves back to the right, and flips it, twice, landing on its back. as its flipping it slings a passenger in the back seat out the t-top going 100mph, he has 3rd degree burns all over his body and is it critical care. hes lucky hes alive. the other passenger in the back seat got glass in her leg and a little on her face, and was bleeding pretty badly. the passenger in the front seat fractured her skull. the driver, stayed fine through the wreck. he took off his seat belt when the car stopped and landed on his head. he helped everyone out of the car, and ran down the highway and got his friend off the street.

the car = totaled. UGH

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    my friend got a NBM 02 ws6 about 8 months ago.. he drives it like an idiot, ive told him he needs to chill out on his driving. well last night, he was going 110(with 3 other passengers) down 169 in the middle lane. a car switches lanes right in front of him and he swerves into the left lane, and loses it. he hits the median and the car swerves back to the right, and flips it, twice, landing on its back. as its flipping it slings a passenger in the back seat out the t-top going 100mph, he has 3rd degree burns all over his body and is it critical care. hes lucky hes alive. the other passenger in the back seat got glass in her leg and a little on her face, and was bleeding pretty badly. the passenger in the front seat fractured her skull. the driver, stayed fine through the wreck. he took off his seat belt when the car stopped and landed on his head. he helped everyone out of the car, and ran down the highway and got his friend off the street.

the car = totaled. UGH
    Holy crap, I just heard about that on the radio news this morning, and was about to post up a thread asking who it was!!! Bad deal, some people have to learn the hard way. Hope everyone is ok, glad to hear no one DOA....doesn't typically happen going 100+ down 169....

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang=Breakfast View Post
    Holy crap, I just heard about that on the radio news this morning, and was about to post up a thread asking who it was!!! Bad deal, some people have to learn the hard way. Hope everyone is ok, glad to hear no one DOA....doesn't typically happen going 100+ down 169....
    yea. they all lucky their alive. have you ever race a blue t/a on the BA expressway by any chance?

MRM
    2002 T/A M6

Wow, what time was that?

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

yea. they all lucky their alive. have you ever race a blue t/a on the BA expressway by any chance?
    I don't remember, don't think so. I definately raced a red WS6 on the BA, but I don't remember ever racing a blue one...that was over a year ago, I have my son with me most of the time now, none of that crazy 100+ BS for me...

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

in an event like that, if i were driving, i'd wish to have been killed b/c that dude has a lot of reconciling to do. That's really a shame for all of them

Black
    2000 WS6

They are very lucky. What is does NBM stand for?

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by bspalmer View Post
    They are very lucky. What is does NBM stand for?
    Navy Blue Metallic.

Black
    2000 WS6

Ah. Thank you...thankyouverymuch!

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by bspalmer View Post
    Ah. Thank you...thankyouverymuch!
    No problem...I had to ask what A4 and M6 were when I joined the site

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Wow, what a shame. Looks like he really learned his lesson the hard way and now hes gonna get a lot of shit for it.

Good to hear that everyone came out ok.

Larry Dingleberry Racing

Black
    1998 Trans Am

that really is a shame thats why on the highway i never race bc if you lose control it's never going to be pretty or very rarely it will at 100+ glad to hear they are all alive though

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

wow that sucks dude ... but shit like this could also happen at lower speeds 'cos of some stupid ass drivers out there who cut you off at the last moment without any signals/etc. Hope everyone recovers quick.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy 2-1 View Post
    wow that sucks dude ... but shit like this could also happen at lower speeds 'cos of some stupid ass drivers out there who cut you off at the last moment without any signals/etc. Hope everyone recovers quick.
    99.9% of all drivers are 110% stupid, STUPID people...that's why highway racing is a bad idea...

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang=Breakfast View Post
    99.9% of all drivers are 110% stupid, STUPID people...that's why highway racing is a bad idea...
    x2

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    x2
    That being said, I have definately been guilty of highway racing.....my ego got ahead of me when that Lightning pulled up all squealin his stupidcharger....and then the cobra.....and then the Charger SRT....
    but this was all when I first got the car...I was pretty 110% stupid, and will be the first to admit so.

Disclaimer: at no time was my son in the car

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

I race every now and then but, the road has to be clear and no passengers. I try to keep it for the official track as much as possible.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Too bad. 110 with other cars right next to you? Stupid stupid stupid.

You really think the driver that cut him off was in the wrong? Is He/She supposed to check their mirrors every milla second for a car traveling 110 MPH??? He/She could have just looked not 2 seconds before moving over. And the Fbod was already there. 110 MPH is 161 FEET PER SECOND. Amazing huh? The other driver I almost guaranteed DID look in their mirrors before lane changes. Then they looked up like most before moving over. This was not because of other stupid drivers, it was because of one (1) stupid driver. I feel very bad for the other people in the car. I hope they all had their seat belts on. The driver, is a dumbass.

I have done 110 one time in my car, it was at 7:30 AM on a Saturday morning with Zero people on the Express way. Your friend made a very poor decision, and it bit him and others in the ass.

Hope everyone survives.

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

Friend of mine had almost this exact same accident last summer. Thankfully, he didn't have an LS1 under his hood...dont even remember what he had, but it was just a beater. Racing someone down the interstate at about 10pm. Got cut off doing 90+, lost it when he swerved, skidded God knows how many feet through the median, but somehow didnt flip it. Bent his wheels and axles all to hell though.

As for me, I only raced my Camaro on the highway once. And that was against a cop in an unmarked T/A haha. (got him by half a car before he flashed his lights and told me to slow down...while givin me a thumbs up).

I'm honestly scared of racing on the street now though, because I'm living proof that you can be doing everything right, and still get effed up. Lost my Camaro (and almost my life) to a woman driving on the wrong side of the road. Moments like that can happen anytime, and had I been racing someone, or even just peeled out of that gas station, me, a very stupid woman, and her baby, would all be dead right now from a head on collision. Instead she's fine, I escaped with a nasty bump on the head and some bruises, and her baby only has a broken wrist.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

I've had mine up to 135mph on a straight highway with no cars. Scared me a bit but, was a rush at the same time. Weird suction sound in the cockpit but, the car was smooth as glass.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information