Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

Fresh Out of the Paint Booth

Ok, some requests have came in for the pix. So, I will post a few. The front license plate cover will be painted to match, just waiting on a couple parts to come in to have a few things painted. They also installed new rotors, painted the calipers & installed Hawk performance pads. There is a picture before the paint to refresh your memory.

Last edited by muteki; 12-09-2008 at 03:28 AM.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Looks great...I'm just wondering why you painted a black Trans Am something different than black?

Black
    1995 Firebird

I literally said "dayyyum" once I scrolled down lol. Looks sharp, although you need to get some bigger wheels as the tires just look really fat imo.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Wow the color looks amazing!

I suggest getting bigger rims like Phoenix said as well as getting a catback cause those stock tips arnt very flattering.

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

beautiful choice of blue man . . i like it!!!

Nice background scenery.Looks the painter did a good job.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

looks great

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

Looks good. What color is that? I think some black and chrome rims would really set it off

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

Thanks for the comments guys. It is hard to tell from the pictures, but there was heavy damage to the rear quarter panels when I bought it from the insurance company. It was a 'total loss', but not a salvaged title since no frame damage.

Why I painted other than black? Well, I live on a tropical island. There are 4 T/As here....2 black (including mine), a pewter and a midnight blue. I wanted something different. Plus when you live on a tropical island, it rains ALL the time. Even if you wash your car daily, it looks dirty most of the time. I wanted a color that wouldn't look as dirty as fast.

The paint code is PB5 if I remember correctly. It is Dodge's Ram new color, they call it Electric Blue Pearl.

I do have plans on changing the rims, Im just waiting to get past the holidays and want to wear out the tires that are on it, since they are new. I am looking at the black Z06 rims that I have seen on ebay. I have been looking for the guy that used to sell a pair that was offeset in the rear, but haven't seen him online lately. This is the design I am looking at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-18...Q5fAccessories

I do plan on doing an exhaust upgrade, but Im not sure what I want to do yet. I plan to go long tubes eventually. I love to Corsas, look and sound. But I kind of want to go true duals too...I just haven't decided yet.

Also, if I go with the black Z06 rims, I am also thinking the possibility of the black dual striping on the hood. Haven't made up my mind till I get the rims on it.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

I think I liked the black better but, any color looks good.

I bet you're proud.

black
    02 ws6

that must have been expensive, how much did it set you back

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

Believe it or not, it didn't cost me anything out of pocket. I had a nice BMW 740il rolling on some chrome 20s that was paid off. It was giving me some problems and I put it up for sale for 3 years ago, but due to the gas prices, no one would touch it. A buddy of mine that owns a paint shop offered to take the vehicle off my hands for $6k and the paint job. Since the BMW was only worth about $10k and it was costing me tons of money, it was worth the deal to get away from that headache....although, I did love cruising in that car with the family.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I loved the black too, but just to hard to take care of on a tropical island. The T/A is my daily driver, so even if I wash it everyday it looks dirty. Its nice to be able to wash it every couple days now and still looks clean.

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

Looks awesome. I know the woe's of keeping a black DD clean...and there's definitely nothing wrong with that color.

Only cosmetic things I'd do to it for sure would be some bigger, better chrome wheels, chrome the Trans Am door emblem, and exhaust. Black and blue have never gone well together on cars IMO.

BlAcKeR ThAn Ur CaR JaKeR
    2002 Trans Am

nice paint job.. it would stand out more with some ceta rims or some black vette rims with the chrome lip on them! lol your tires look so fat.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

did you leave the engine bay black? i'd like to see it if so?

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

Ill post some pix of the engine bay soon. I did leave it black on purpose. As we all know the engine compartment gets dirty, so, its a little easier to hide oils stains and such. Also since I plan to keep the car and never sell it, I didn't want to have to always pay the extra to paint the engine bay (if I change the color again)...since I repaint most of my car about every 5 years. Of course the underside of the hood is painted & the ledges of the fenders. The framework for the headlight mounts was painted and the air box was removed to allow access under the box to be painted. I plan to install the Volant system when I have some extra cash. When the shop does my touch ups, I just acquired some LS1 Corvette fuel rail covers, that I plan to have it painted body color. Im not sure if I want to do the lettering in black or red. Any suggestions?

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

Ok 3rd Shift, I finally got off my lazy butt and found a clear day. Here is a pic of the engine bay. I know there is overspray on the lid, but whne I get the volant its all coming out. Yes, I am planning to paint the fuel rail covers the body color when my roof panel comes in.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Not bad, definately have to clean up that engine bay though!
    !wires
    !stickers
    polish up the a/c, tb and maf
    I suggest painting an SLP lid to match the car/FRCs too and making the deck lid/intake manifold a nice gloss black
    And of course i have to pimp our engine bay dress up kit, i think we can make a nice set from mirrored plexi with either black or electric blue lettering/emblems on them-that should really shine under there, bro!

Last edited by third_shift|studios; 12-31-2008 at 04:59 AM.

Blue
    2002 WS-6

I like the color!!

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

The Air box is coming out, the (blue dual cones) volant is going in...just give me a month or so. Wires are going to be the MSDs, prolly order them the same time I order the volant. The fuel rails will be painted to match the car.

Now, the dress up kit. Would you believe that I always thought the kit was chromed parts that had decals on it? Since I live on a tropical island, chrome does not last at all. BUT, chromed plexi.....another story. That is something I might just look into especially with the color schemes mentioned. Can you due electric blue stickers with a black outline? Or visa versa? I think it would set it off a bit more. Since I am saving for the intake, wires, catback and possibly headers/y pipe.....it might be a while to pick those up, but as long as I know they are available. One good house sale maybe I can get it all....that is if the wife doesn't raid my wallet.

Thread Information