Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

four car accident

On friday i was sitting at a light, three of us, i was in the middle, then some guy who i didn't see comes flying up and slams into the car behind me and of course caused the chain reaction. Guess what my car got it the worst! It was still drivable but the rear was messed up pretty bad, i'll get some pics up when i figure it out. I call the insurance and a guy comes to check it out and says it looks way too good to be a total. My car was cherry except for a some chips on the front. THen they get it to there shop and tell me its a total and that it is only worth 7998 according to NADA. Can you beileve that shit, and the repairs they estimate are around 8500. I was just sitting at a light minding my own business and now my goddamn bird is gone!

black
    2002 trans am ws6

negioate with them you dont have to take what they offer , dealing with an insurance company is like buying a car if u take the first offer your getting screwed. i dont know about your state but here in tennessee they have give replacement value not nada which means buy you a car in close condition and miles and options to your totaled car good luck

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

thanks, right away i started printing out classifieds and the stuff to show them. My dad said he did the same thing on one of his cars and they gave him what he wanted. Even when i looked up nada and kbb they were higher than his estimate

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

damn that's too bad, on the bright side you can use that money to let a late model trans am.

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Negotiate them up. Then find out the junk yard they take it to then go buy it back dirt cheap. Of course run the numbers first including repairs and see if you will come out ahead or not.

I have heard of people doing this successfully.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

get a lawyer and sue the piece of shit that hit you

black
    2002 trans am ws6

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

I would go after them till you are properly compensated its not your fault someone else hit you. When a guy pulled out in front of me one time in one of my older cars his insurance company payed for the repairs and gave me what I thought was proper compensation for the devaluation of the car after being hit.

Blue
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

I recently went through this with my mitsubishi 3000GT. It was all fixed up, nothing stock on the car and a woman waits till I enter an intersection at 50mph to turn in front of me. Needless to say, her SUV won over my fiberglass and plastic. The insurance offered me $3200 at first. Finally settled at $6500 and getting the car back as salvage. The salvage price on the car with all the options was only $250. Definately buy it back...that way you have spare parts for your new bird if you get one! NC also goes off of "fair market value." They showed me 3 cars in "similar condition" as mine and what they were selling for in the area. Two of them were selling for $4500 and one for $8000. I would go out and find the 3 highest priced T/A's you could in the same condition as yours and not settle for anything less. GOOD LUCK!!

Pewter/Black
    02/98 M6 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    get a lawyer and sue the piece of shit that hit you
    Hows` your neck/back feeling?

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

^tell you the truth it hurt for a few days. My mom says to sue the two people behind me and start making dr. appts. I'm meeting with the adjuster saturday so we will see what happens. They tried to tell me i could keep the vehicle and only get back 4500, its no good to me if the repairs are supposedly 8500.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

let them total it. and then exercise the buyback option... we need pics to see the damage... if you need help getting pics up, let us know...

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

why would i want to buy back a wrecked car for 4500 and still need another to repair it? or do you mean take the money and buy it from the junk yard? cause i still couldn't fix it. NADA says it should be worth between 10.7 to 12.7 either average or excellent

Junior Member 2002WS6TransAmT56's Avatar

Black
    2009 CHallenger RT Six Sp

They mean to buy the wrecked one back real cheap from the junkyard and buy a new one and use the old one for parts. That way you'll have spare parts for a while, especially if the drivetrain and interior are still good.

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

thats actually good you are gettin a new one at least. after a fairly big accident the suspension can be permanently screwed up. plus, they might have had a hard time matching your paint.

just sue the driver saying you have nightmares and are freaking out when driving or in a car and use the extra dough to get a vette.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

cops show up? other drivers have insurance? hope so.

i got fucked in the ass about 6 or so months ago, i was in the same situation. i was stopped in traffic and all of a sudden i see a car comin up on my ass quick out of my rear view. had no time to react or nowhere to go. boom! next thing i know she nails the ass end of my car and pushes me into the jeep in front of me. mother fucking jeeps trailor hitch went right through my fucking front bumper right under my driver side head light. fucked up my hood, dent/scratched/chipped paint off. and also my rear bumper was dented/had paint chipped off. it was some young stupid bitch. she gets out crying saying im so sorry im so sorry. i asked if she was hurt she said no. long story short. after the cops show up and take all our info we go on our way. she told the cop she had insurance but just didnt have a copy because it was her b/f's car. cop lets her go w/out a fucking ticket(WTF???) guy infront of me had no damage to his car so he just left. out of the 3 of us i was the only mother fucker who had insurance. i got the bitches number that hit me and called her the next day to get her insurance info, and she told me to call back tomoroo she couldnt find it or some bs. called for 2 weeks straight everyday and the dumb cunt never answered. so i was pretty much fucked. turns out she was a single mom who didnt have a job. some might say sue her? for what? she doesnt have shit. lets say i sue her, take her to small claims court. it would cost me more just to get her there than its worth. i hate stupid fucking uninsured motorists. btw i only had liability then.

sorry, not trying to jack thread. just some info

sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

i met with him saturday and i told him it wasn't good enough. He asked what i was looking for and i said the average nada value, i should have said excellent value. He took some of my copies of classifieds and said he would make some calls and rework some number and gimme a call back tuesday so i am waiting for him. Of course i am have to be looking for a new bird but there are only two in my price range that are m6's within like 100 mi. Anyways i can't wait to see what number he comes up with.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

So here's a little update. Insurance gives me back 7,175 cause they are keeping the deductible. I've got a sweet bird i'm checking out, midnight blue, immaculate, short throw hurst, 12 disc changer. I'm trying to sell my Lemans for a grand so i can make him a good offer. I've been without a bird for over a week now, I'm having withdrawls!!!

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

damn dude too bad your not near philly, i would check out the lemans ....you got any picutures of it anyway..?

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by egod View Post
    On friday i was sitting at a light, three of us, i was in the middle, then some guy who i didn't see comes flying up and slams into the car behind me and of course caused the chain reaction. Guess what my car got it the worst! It was still drivable but the rear was messed up pretty bad, i'll get some pics up when i figure it out. I call the insurance and a guy comes to check it out and says it looks way too good to be a total. My car was cherry except for a some chips on the front. THen they get it to there shop and tell me its a total and that it is only worth 7998 according to NADA. Can you beileve that shit, and the repairs they estimate are around 8500. I was just sitting at a light minding my own business and now my goddamn bird is gone!

I dont know about IL but in TX since you werent at fault you can blame the guy who caused the accident and the guy who rear ended you! so If its the same for your state I would take full advantage of that!

or

You can take your car to your own repair shop of choice, pay for it then press charges to the insurance company, this will force them to pay for all the repairs! The insurance companies nowadays try to keep stock holders happy. It will speed up the process if you hire an attorny, go to the doctor and play the hurt card. all at the causer's insurance expence of course.

Thread Information