Thread: formula?

formula?

i found a pretty nice firebird formula that seems to be in good condition, and is cheap enough for me. (i cannot afford a t/a at this time, but i'll have one eventually by god) what I want to know, is even though they have the same engine, did GM leave out any parts suspension/engine or otherwise that makes the t/a better?

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

The trans am's (at least the ws6 ones, im not sure about the base t/a) have the sportier suspension, and the leather seats and chrome rims and stuff like that..mostly asthetic. As far as the engine, its the same except for the ws6's or firehawks. But formulas are sleepers, and they weight less i believe.

Black
    99 SS

auctually the formula is the fastest of the 3.

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Well, there ya have it. Looks like you got yourself a winner there!

'01 M.R.M. TA A4:
    Bolt on's, suspension

'02 C.E.T.A. WS6 M6:
    Stock

Black
    99 SS

just cause of the power to weight ratio is really all, cause the TA and WS6 have all the extra weight from the hood/spoiler and full options.

thx guys, i'll definetely have to look into that!

does leather weigh more, b/c this one has leather. Honestly i don't want leather b/c then i can't smoke in it

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Umm, im not sure if it weighs more, but my guess would be yes. And wouldnt leather be better for smoking, like that the smell from the smoke doesnt get into the cloth.

nah dude, for some reason smells cling to leather more than almost anything. On time my dad thought i was somking pot in my leather jacket and so he smelled it and i was like wtf, and my uncle said if you ever smoke anything in a leather jacket you'll smell it for ever.

p.s. i don't smoke pot, my dad is just paranoid
    *parents*

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

No shit, i would've never guessed, just goes to show you learn somethin' new every day. Yeah, my parents are like that too, except its with the car! "Yulian, have you been doing burnouts again?!"

hahaha, parents are great

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Formula hardtop

The only difference between the Formula/Trans Am is that the Trans Am has the different front and rear bumpers, ground effects, and spoiler. Also, Trans Ams came with more standard options than Formulas (power antenna, Monsoon sound, etc). As far as every performance item is concerned (engine, transmission, suspension, tires, etc), the cars are identical. Actually every Trans Am is technically a Formula, with a Trans Am option package.

The WS6 models have an upgraded suspension, ram air hood, bigger wheels and tires, and a larger exhaust (2.75" vs. 2.5"). The WS6 package is available on both Trans Ams and Formulas, and again is identical between each car. WS6s are advertised as having 15 HP more, but it's commonly known that the HP increase is on paper only (2-3 HP difference max, if any).

If you really want a Trans Am, just save up for a couple more months and get one. Don't settle on anything you don't really want, you'll regret it. Trans Ams are only marginally more expensive than Formulas (maybe $500). You could probably even find a Trans Am for the same amount of the Formula you're looking at. Believe me, I know from experience, buy what you want the first time. I sold my Camaro SS after 6 months and bought a Formula, and it cost me $2,000.

2000pontiac6
    I suggest you keep looking at formulas because, i believe i'm correct in saying that, all trans ams came with leather... so if you don't want leather stick with the formulas until you fond one without it

Midnight Blue
    99' Trans Am

The Formula is just as good. My freind has one and I think it rides better than my TA. My parents give me pot and thats why I love them.

About the leather hanging onto smell comment. Just not true. Cloth will hold the smell of smoke more than anything else. Just goto a bar or bowling alley with your leather coat on. Come back and you're clothes always smell, not the jacket.

Formulas are on average 200LBS lighter than Tran-Ams. Most weight savings comes from not having powered seats, side skirts and bumpers. the Difference between the hatch is only 8lbs as I own both and have the trans am one on my formula

oh, well i guess my parents don't know jack. Thanks madseason b/c the formula i'm looking at has leather.

Thread Information