black
    2000 Trans am

fog lights turn signals

Hi, Im new to fourums Don't really know how they work. Just wondering how to replace the front turn signal, and the fog light bulbs.

silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

i dont know about the signals, but i replaced my fog lights from inside the hood.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

two ways for the turn signals. Two little bolts under front bumper on each side. Drop those and a flap opens where you can get to the blinkers.

Other way is to stick your hand in the lower open section and twist pull. just make sure you don't scratch the paint.

I did method 2 until replacing upgrading my housings with LED's. Now there's no more leaks or burnouts. Hurray!!!

Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

If you are just replacing the bulbs it isnt very hard, if your replacing the turn signal housings, the way I did it was to remove the front bumper. My stock turn signal housings kept getting water in them and breaking the bulbs, so I replaced them with aftermarket clear housings. But if your just replacing the bulbs this is how I did it...

Turn signals – it was done mostly by feel. Reach inside the engine bay from the top till you feel the top of the turn signal housing. There is a tab that needs to be pressed in, then you will be able to rotate the bulb to replace it. The small bulb at the end of the housing is a simple twist in and out.

Fog lights – this is easiest to get at from under the car. You will find there are two access doors in front of each tire. Remove the screws and open the panel. From there you will have the room to get to the back of the fog lights and twist in and out the new bulbs.

Hope that helps.

98 Ticket Red Z28
    Mods:
    Front/rear sway bars, poly bushings all around, Bilstein Shocks, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, Pacesetter LT's, 2.5" Custom True Duals over the axle with Magnaflow mufflers, Shortened Pro 5.0 shifter, TurnOne PS pump.

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by raysz28 View Post
    If you are just replacing the bulbs it isnt very hard, if your replacing the turn signal housings, the way I did it was to remove the front bumper. My stock turn signal housings kept getting water in them and breaking the bulbs, so I replaced them with aftermarket clear housings. But if your just replacing the bulbs this is how I did it...

Turn signals – it was done mostly by feel. Reach inside the engine bay from the top till you feel the top of the turn signal housing. There is a tab that needs to be pressed in, then you will be able to rotate the bulb to replace it. The small bulb at the end of the housing is a simple twist in and out.

Fog lights – this is easiest to get at from under the car. You will find there are two access doors in front of each tire. Remove the screws and open the panel. From there you will have the room to get to the back of the fog lights and twist in and out the new bulbs.

Hope that helps.

Birds and Maro's are different on Fogs and Turns.

Just FYI.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Two little bolts under front bumper on each side. Drop those and a flap opens where you can get to the blinkers.
    That's what I did if you're just replacing a bulb. Really easy.

Thread Information