Thread: Fog lights

Fog lights

On my trans am one of my fog light covers is cracked and I have looked for a few days but still have not found anywhere that has the oem part. Does anyone know where I could find it? Also it the bulb completely integrated into the light or am I able to remove and replace it? Thanks

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

you can go to " GM PARTS DIRECT". They have them for $102 plus shipping. These are GM parts.
    1998 Pontiac TA, stock heads, FAST 90, FAST 90 TB, FLP LT, off road y-pipe with cat delete, flow master muffler, comp cams 54-457-11 223/231-610/617-112 LSA, Pro charger D1SC with FMIC @ 8psi, FROST tune, VIG 3200 stall, built 4l60e, snow meth kit, MOSER 12 bolt 373 gears, Derale 13900 trans cooler.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

Although, depending on the condition of the other fog lamp, you might want to get both. I replaced 1 of mine, and the other lamp looked terrible in comparison, so I had to buy the other one also.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

try clevelandpickapart.com they specialize in f-body's might be able to help you. they will ship
    98' Trans AM RIP

00' WS6/Black/Pacesetter LT's/Magnaflow Exhaust/SLP lid/Nick Williams 92mm TB/FAST 92 Intake/BMR Strut Tower Brace/BMR Rear LCA's/BMR Panhard Bar

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Or try Contemporary Performance...

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

If you have to have NOS, be prepared to pay handsomely or wait a long time for a deal. You can also buy replacements on eBay. Yes they are made in China and I had a guy try to pass one off as an NOS, but they are actually pretty good looking, the obvious "Made in China" stamp and DEPO parts box gave it away. I just did a search for "1998 Trans Am Fog Light" and found a number of vendors. Prices range from around $70 up to $120 for a pair with brackets. I agree with Ron's post that noted you will see a big difference if you only replace one with a new lens. Something else to watch, the Trans Am uses a different bracket (L shaped) than the other Firebirds (Flat). Same lens but different bracket and you can easily swap the lens from one bracket to the other if you find a good deal. The lowest buck solution is to get a used pair in decent condition and refurb them yourself. Disassemble takes 5 minutes then sanding and painting the bracket is straight forward. For the lens, as long as the inner reflective coating is in good shape you can carefully sand and polish the plastic lens to make them really look good.

Good luck!
    ATI Procharger, SFCs, Y-pipe, LM2, BBK Shorty Headers, Corvette N73 Magnesium Wheels, 4th Circle Designs Stripe and Overlay kit

Thanks guys! I'll try and look around for a pair of them, with the L-brackets.

Thread Information