Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Firehawk or Trans Am Ws6

I know that the firehawk has 10 more hp and the ta ws6 has the ram air hood. What are the other differances between the two and do both have the handling upgrade?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Firehawk = more rare.
    Otherwise, that is about it.

Firehawk has a 'ram air' hood, but it isn't quite as aggressive looking.

Black on Black
    2001 Firebird T/A WS6

FireHawk's have more hp than 10, I think they're were advertised around 345 but don't quote me on that. The FireHawk's, I believe, (again, please don't quote me ) went into SLP as whatever they were sent in as, and came out of SLP as FireHawks and it's just the air box and I wanna say different injectors but I'm not 100% pos.

But yes, waaay more rare yet not as aggressive looking than a T/A WS6.

Edit: Also, most likely much more expensive too.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Different wheels, badging, I think possibly stitching on the seat, exhaust?, the different hood (not as aggressive, but a cleaner design, IMO).

A friend of mine has a 'Hawk ragtop, it's a beautiful car.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

Right, Trans Am's were sent to SLP (Why SLP...who knows) and were returned as Firehawks. they got exhausts, the ram air/heat extractor hoods, the different wing(I think) couple other little things. I heard the chevy division got PISSED cause they were smoking Vettes.

Black on Black
    2001 Firebird T/A WS6

I'm not sure what kind of plans SLP went off of since I've seen some Hawk's with both spoilers. I wonder how much the conversion is.. hmm..maybe I'll get bored and a wild hair up my ass and call SLP just to see lolz!! I've seen SLP made Camero SS's and knew a friend that bought one from someone who sent it in themselves. That's when you see Camero's with the SLP badge under the driver taillight (that is, if it's real w/ the SLP sticker in the door, and not some n00b faking it.)

black
    2000 SS convertible

Quote Originally Posted by DrkEagle View Post
    I'm not sure what kind of plans SLP went off of since I've seen some Hawk's with both spoilers. I wonder how much the conversion is.. hmm..maybe I'll get bored and a wild hair up my ass and call SLP just to see lolz!! I've seen SLP made Camero SS's and knew a friend that bought one from someone who sent it in themselves. That's when you see Camero's with the SLP badge under the driver taillight (that is, if it's real w/ the SLP sticker in the door, and not some n00b faking it.)
    You see the SLP badge under the drivers taillight when someone buys the badge online and puts it there

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

hi. all ls1's have 345 hp. be it a vette, SS or formula. Don't pay attention to numbers, b/c they'll always change depending on exhaust and bolt ons.

SOM
    2002 FireHawk

TA, WS6, Firehawk all have LS1's. Biggest difference you notice is the hood, wheels, spoilers (formula wing, TA wing, lumpy, iroc inspired, depending on year), badging. Different airbox, but when racing stock to stock it is a drivers race. The two biggest reasons to argue for a Hawk is the optional suspension upgrades, if they were ordered on the car. Also just over 5,000 made in 11 years. Most of those being made and sold being 99's-2002's. I believe there were 1501 2002's, this being the most Hawks built in one year.

Any of the above even lightly modded and a good driver will beat a stock. JMHO.

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Like already stated, same car just different looks and a little more exclusive.
    Oh ya and SLP has been building Hawks since 1991. They were primarily done off the Formula model but in `99 they started offering the package on the Trans Am.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

sunset orange
    2001 firehawk

my hawk was a ws6 sent to slp for chrome hawk wheels,dashmat,susp,badges,lid,and car cover. I have an 01 sunset orange which was 1 of 17 if my memory serves me correctly however that was the ta,verts,and formulas. so a hawk can have a different spoiler based on what kind of car it was before it became a hawk.

2000pontiac6
    Quote Originally Posted by sunset_hawk View Post
    my hawk was a ws6 sent to slp for chrome hawk wheels,dashmat,susp,badges,lid,and car cover. I have an 01 sunset orange which was 1 of 17 if my memory serves me correctly however that was the ta,verts,and formulas. so a hawk can have a different spoiler based on what kind of car it was before it became a hawk.
    not just a spoiler... if it started as a ta then basically the only difference is the hood and same goes for the formula... appearance wise

You have any pics of the sunset hawk??

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am A4

Personally, I think the Hawk looks cheaper even though I know its much more expensive. It has something to do with the "FIREHAWK" decals/badges, I think they look cheesy. Also, many Hawks I've seen are Formulas-based and lack the T/A spoiler, ground effects, leather, etc. I'd take a T/A-based Hawk because I do like the rims and performance upgrades. It's really about preferences. I like the Hawk hood because it distinguishes itself from other Ram-air T/A's, but at the same time, doesn't look like it has ram-air.

2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

1998 Motor Trend Road Test

I happened to find an Article from a March 1998 Road Test done by Motor Trend. I never would thought it would come in handy....

SLP Firehawk Packacge:

Level I - SLP body package(exposed headlamps, SLP hood, SLP exhaust system, and firehawk 17" wheels and Firestone firehawk tires)

Level II - Same as Level I + Performance suspension(Bilsten Shocks, variable springs, and a larger anit-roll bar), Auburn differential, Hurst shifter, lumbar-adjustable seats, firehawk floor mats, synthetic power-steering fluid and differential lube.

Level III - Same as Level I and II + SLP spoiler

C/D Test Results:
    0-60......5.0 sec
    1/4-mile.....13.5mph @ 106mph

Power......327 bhp @ 5200 rpm
    Torque.....345 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm

This tells you how long I've been dreaming about owning a Trans Am I was 13 years old when I got the this Motor Trend March 1998 issue.
    Last edited by 1TA LS1; 07-03-2007 at 10:03 PM.

Black on Black
    2001 Firebird T/A WS6

Wow, very nice post! +++1

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I've never saw a firehawk with exposed headlights. That part is new to me.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

^+1. All the firehawks I've seen have the 'normal' flip up headlights. It doesn't sound very productive to make a totally different headlight setup for 5,000 cars. could be something I missed. Firehawks also have the 'nose badge', right?

sunset orange
    2001 firehawk

keep in mind that's a 1998 issue

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

Okay, I have a Firehawk, and here is the list from SLP.

• Composite Hood with Functional Cold Air Induction Scoops
    • High Flow Induction System
    • Hood Mounted Heat Extractors
    • 17 x 9" 5-Sspoke Painted Aluminum Wheels
    • P275/40ZR17 Firestone Firehawk SZ 50 Tires
    • Performance Stainless Steel Exhaust System with Twin Dual Tips
    • Upgraded Suspension Components
    • Firehawk Plaque and Key Fobs
    • Firehawk Front Fascia Badge

In Canada, it cost $6079 for this package, but additional things could be added, such as 1LE suspension, auburn differential, uplevel spoiler(with LED bar) and many other options. All I added at the time was chrome rims as this car was already a stretch on my pocket book. The optional spoiler is similar to the non-TA spoiler, but with an LED light-bar. Some liked it, but I thought it looked a little bulky.

With the addition of the high-flow intake(Blackwing lid/Donaldson Filter) in 2002, the Firehawk package boasted a 345HP/350ftlb TQ.

Back as far as 1992, the Firehawk package was around a $20000 package as it included an engine swap among other things. It has changed a lot over the years, I suspect due to the much improved standard offering from GM with the update to LT1 and LS1.

Black
    2002 Firehawk Trans Am

And everyone forgot 1LE SUSPENSION!!!!!

i love it

Thread Information