Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2002 Trans Am

FireBird vs 1500 chevy

well like give you a kick every now and again and i now that and im 16 well i was trying to sell my firebird but need another car before i can do so but my sister moved outa state and left her truck here i could try to sell my firebird and buy anther car so i can buy a trans am when im like18 ( would have like 12000)or i can trade my firebird for her truck and i plan to go into the military and after a few years there i could buy a really nice T/A and have something for the winter witch would be the truck. i wanna see your input keep and sell the BIRD or trade i think the trade is a much better deal as of right now because i live in wisconsin and cant drive a rear wheel drive or any nice car during winter and most of spring and some of fall so i dont think its worth it for me to keep the bird witch im not

who thinks i should trade who thinks i should sell

idk how to put a poll so if some one could tell me how this could be alot neater then me looking though all the replys

Wishin I Had an LS1
    Wishin for a LS1

Black
    2002 Trans Am

come on guys

red
    2001 formula

I grew up in Pennsylvania and we got lots of snow also and I always had cars and managed to get around just as good as the pick up trucks unless you had a 4 wheel drive vehicle then you got around better. I like the idea of joining the military as i did. It helps mature you and prepares you for the working world plus gives you money for college education. If you like the firdbird you should keep it. Pick up trucks are overated in my opinion.

Maple Red Metalic (MRM)
    2000 TransAM WS7

AHHH RUNON SENTANCES!!! MAKE THEM STOP!!!

I had a brand new F150 before this bird. Ill never go back to a truck (unless i need to trailor a car to the track...)

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

man i wouldn't trade my trans am for anything, but as soon as my wife gets outta school im pickin up a cummins. the cars are awesome to play with but i miss being able to see oncoming traffic when someone pulls up beside you at a traffic light or a stop sign lol. bro its up to u. and honestly 16 y.o. + LS1 T/A + heavy snow is not a very safe combination

yellow
    2002 CETA

Need more imput! What year is her truck? How many miles? What size motor?Has it been maintained? Extended cab? Four door? Four wheel drive? I can tell you for sure the truck will burn more gas if that is an issue for you! How long do you have to make a decision? I would drive the bird for now at least and enjoy it as long as I could!

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

First bit of advise man, learn some freaking grammar if you're going to the military. you have to write reports, and they're going to make your life miserable. Once you get onto a military base there are muscle cars everywhere. When I was leaving my last base there was a firehawk with 50k on it going for 12 grand because the guy was going to Iraq and didn't have anywhere to leave it. as far as a truck, it's always better to have a truck as a spare, and moving in the military is always going to happen constantly. I'd get the truck now and start saving your money. if you get a good ASVAB score make your recruiter give you a bonus (it writing cause they'll screw you) just keep your eye open once you get in. a lot of places have what they call 'lemon lots' where service members can sell their cars privately, they range from POS cars to colonel's retiring and selling their vettes. I had a POS old chevy 1500 and I used it all the time for moving, formations, getting peoples gear moved, and pretty much everything.
    that's my advice. which branch are you looking to get into?

Black
    2002 Trans Am

i looking to go into the army i want to be a ranger or in delta force and whats ASVAB and when should i take it. this is kinda how the situation turned out i got the truck my dad got the firbird not trans am and my sister got my dads jeep witch im getting screwed in the deal but w/e i wanted to get like even 500 bucks extra but isnt gonna happin the truck is a 4x4 extended cab lifted 33s brush gard off road lights moon visor (has lights in it) tow hitch front and back nice sounding exhaust and the interior is red witch i dont like and i want to change the front seats to racing seats and the back ones to a nice set and carpet and all that i was thinking like charcol and tan because they are popular collors to find

sure would like info about military

yellow
    2002 CETA

I would be all over that truck then. What size motor is in it? How's the body on it? Any pics?

Maple Red Metalic (MRM)
    2000 TransAM WS7

Ahhh Again!!

2000 Silver WS6 M6
    2002 Black Tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by littlevegas1 View Post
    i looking to go into the army i want to be a ranger or in delta force and whats ASVAB and when should i take it. this is kinda how the situation turned out i got the truck my dad got the firbird not trans am and my sister got my dads jeep witch im getting screwed in the deal but w/e i wanted to get like even 500 bucks extra but isnt gonna happin the truck is a 4x4 extended cab lifted 33s brush gard off road lights moon visor (has lights in it) tow hitch front and back nice sounding exhaust and the interior is red witch i dont like and i want to change the front seats to racing seats and the back ones to a nice set and carpet and all that i was thinking like charcol and tan because they are popular collors to find

sure would like info about military
    WOW! I didn't know that trucks have "witches" as options; maybe they come with broom sticks, too. But, seriously, one of the areas of concern would be insurance costs. You should factor this in when entertaining the notion of having two vehicles. I have a 2002 Tahoe that I keep in the garage most of the time, and it is very nice having 2 vehicles.

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Liveforfunjim View Post
    Ahhh Again!!
    as badly as this guys run on sentences are annoying you, you must either be an english teacher or have extreme OCD. Take a prozac and chill. j/k

Black
    2002 Trans Am

well its a 93 and has a 350 in it carboratied body is ok interior sucks its red i will get some pics here soon it has 160k miles on it wich dont matter any more because its mine and im kinda stuck with it it has alot of kool stuff on it u all will see when i get some pics i wanna do some engin mods like a kit i found on summit http://store.summitracing.com/partde...LY011S&FROM=MG

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-Awesome

if the firbired u have is a V6.... GET RID OF IT theyre garbagggggge

Black

ASVAB is an acronym (get used to those) for a test WHICH will test your ability to understand what is read or interpreted. math, general mechanic reasoning, and a bunch of other things go into a percentage, 99 is 'perfect'. I think 20 is required for Marines, Army is different though and don't quote me on the limits. you have to score high to get a good job, or you'll end up a cook or a grunt.
    rangers are tough...not so much army. We always had them tagging along cause they'd get lost. You can definitely skate through for 20 years in the army and get no real work done. I saw several people well on their way. I don't know much about bootcamp except it's shorter than the marines, and you do single count pushups instead of four like us. and you don't have to carry a rifle around in boot camp unless they changed something....army pays better though, not as good as the airforce, but probably second on the pay.

sorry for being off topic.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

so you where in the Marines. do you think that would be better then the army i dont wanna just sit around i want to do stuff. and i want to be in specal forces type deal

Black
    2002 Trans Am

what did you get on your ASVAB test and what do you do

U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by sharptransam View Post
    ....army pays better though, not as good as the airforce, but probably second on the pay.

sorry for being off topic.
    All the service's pay the same. The Army does not get paid more than the Marine Corps and so on. There is an standard pay scale for Enlisted and Officer throughout the DOD. Some can get paid more than others that are in the same pay grade but that depends on your MOS (flight pay, hazardous duty pay, Haz mat etc...).

Black

Exactly. the Marines won't pay you $hit unless you fight for it. The army gives it to you, the air force makes stuff up to give you. We had airmen in our barracks and they got 'lifestyle pay' because living with Marines was 'not conducive to proper living' they got 300 extra a month. And that was in training. Yes, everything starts standard, but once you add in all the extra's the other services get you start realizing that the Marines are screwing you. I ran into fires all day and I didn't even get hazard pay. besides that, the facilities the air force has are great. Army's stuff is pretty nice. Marine buildings look like something out of a world war II movie. which service were you in?

That and the marines get the old equipment nobody wants because they are actually a department of the navy so they have no budget.

as for which one you should go to I really am not going to say. It depends on what you want to do. If you like the ocean, or medicine, go to the navy. just remember that corpman don't advance for crap because it's such a big field.

You have to check out all of them, just don't believe all the recruiters BS. Every service has good and bad points, and it is the military. you can get killed/hurt/or any other bad thing. If you have a girl and you want to go to the military, get rid of her, they always cheat. If you're going in just for college, stay home.

If you have any college, definitely try to go officer, or go to college for a bit to get a BA of any kind and you can be oner. the newest officer gets paid more than the oldest enlisted.

Maple Red Metalic (MRM)
    2000 TransAM WS7

If i had to do it all again i would go AirForce hands down... I did my time USArmy and it was pretty good, but the AirForce is where its at.. I remember the first time i had an AirForce MRE...It was a fresh apple, sandwich, and rice crispe treat ceran wrapped to a plate! Not sure if that is standard but it was a far cry from the 2yr old brown MRE we normall got..

Thread Information