Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

Finally took Bird in for the converters... ohh boy

So I woke the bird up from his sleep to take over to the dealership to get my converter issue dealt with before GM drops pontiac or whatever happens and they don't want to cover the warrenty.

The roads were pretty decent but i heard we was getting a big storm so I diden't wanna go to far. I decided to go to Patsy Lou since that's the closest pontiac dealer.

Took her in and they was very friendly especially the I'm guessing gay guy. He was like I have never seen a hood like thissss before... did it come with it. I'm having regets already. Our boss has a car just like thisssss just not with thisss hood. I'm hoping this guy just washes cars or something. The boss comes over, yea I only got a v-6. They continue to stroke the hell out of my ego, How fast does it go blah blah. I say yea they don't make em like that anymore..... The I'm assuming gay guy said yea not witttth that hood they don't.... Ohh brother

So I tell the guy it's still under warrenty and he mentions something about 80,000 and I'm just thinking ok cool he knows about it so I let it go. He said you know for sure it's the converters? I said yea I had it scanned already. so he says ok and takes all my info. He mentioned he might have the parts their So I go into the waiting room while they look at my car and I'm assuming scan it again etc.

so the boss man comes out about 45 minutes later and gets me and says well it was out of warrenty back in 2003 and I asked my boss is their anything we can do for this guy and he's like GM is not covering anything they don't have too. so like old school in living color I pull the warrenty paper out of my pocket. BLAM

He was like ohhh I diden't know anything about this.... I was like now you do.
    Well looks like your all covered. I'll get the parts ordered....

so do they replace both or just the one that is registering bad? IS their anything I can do to have them replace both. Should I get my bad ones back?
    Last edited by knightryda01; 12-09-2008 at 04:12 AM. Reason: blah

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

Awesome, good to hear theyre gonna do it . . i need to do the same thing. I doubt you can do anything to get both replaced if only one is throwing a code. Seein that they "didnt even know about the warranty" they gonna do as less as they have to. What documentation of the warranty did you use? Does it say 80,000 miles or 100,000 miles?

midnight blue

I got it on my computer. I can email it to ya if ya need it. Their definetly not going to go out of their way to find out the info for ya.

metallic pewter, red
    2002 Z28, 1972 Z28

I thought it was 80k, if you have docs saying 100k I would like an email also. Glad you got yours taken care of.

Wes
    wcbrown1967@yahoo.com
    Last edited by 1972_Z-28; 12-09-2008 at 07:37 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

My SES light came on a few weeks ago. I haven't noticed anything wrong, so I'm assuming it's my cat. I have to take it in to get scanned. My dilema is I received a letter from GM a few months ago and I'll be damned if I can't find it now. Is there a website or anything that I can go to to get a copy. I only have 34000 miles on my car so I know it's covered under the guidelines of the letter. Just can't find the SOB.

Quote Originally Posted by knightryda01 View Post

I got it on my computer. I can email it to ya if ya need it. Their definetly not going to go out of their way to find out the info for ya.
    saweet. . . ya if you dont mind man. gullett17@aol.com i definately need to do this soon, i think she has 93000 on her right now.

midnight blue

Post up your emails, and I'll send it out tonight before I go to work. Just so everbody has a chance to get in on it.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

anyone want to buy a pair? still good and too them off when i did LTs

NBM
    02 M6 Formula

please and thank you
    lukesfp@live.ca

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

yes, thank you! lionsfan302005@hotmail.com

midnight blue

ok sent it... Sorry it's in a jpg but that's how I got it. Let me know if you guys diden't get it.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I appreciate you sending that but it states that it is for the 2000 model year firebird. I have a 2002 so I don't think they will honor the letter. They are going to be technical since it's coming out of their pockets.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

my wife got a letter from pontiac back in dec.06 stating that the converters would come loose inside and rattle,which did happen to us back in july of 06.we were on vacation in florida when the rattle started,we took it to pontiac and they were like, it'll be $1000 for the part(pipe w/converter) and it won't be here for 3 days,i was ok,see ya later,took it down the road to midas ,$250 to replace the converter.when the letter came we contacted pontiac division about a reimbursment,and after a few faxes and letters we got a check from gm.very cool,gm.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

so that's what that rattle was that i was hearing. It sounded like the y-pipe was rattling on something, but i got under there and it wasn't touching anything. boy that was an annoying sound. i was embarrassed every time i went through a drive through or something. soon as it stopped rattling is when my SES light came on.

SOM
    2002 Firehawk convertible

My 99 V6 Firebird is rattling too.Started about 3 weeks ago. I expect a code anyday. Anyone hear anything about that year/engine? I have 122K on it though.

Magnaflow offers a complete mandrel bent y-pipe and converters for V6 and LS1 cars that are CARB certified for Cali. You no longer have to deal with the dealer (if GM wont warranty it). 49 state cars have an abundance of options.

I have been under the impression that emmission systems are covered to 100K. Federal law. Look into that if they try to screw you.
    If I could have all the money I've spent on cars..........I'd spend it on cars!!!!

Black
    2002 TA WS6 Auto

Sliver
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

My80z28f41@yahoo.com Jpeg no problem, Thanks

midnight blue

Well guys got er done up today. Seems like they did a good job. Took em about 3 hours. It's nice not looking at the check engine light..... lol Am I wrong but the bird seems to have more get up to her....?

To anyone who I sent the letter too. Call the number and see if your f-body is covered. I think they are not just a 2000 TA.

I got a 12 month 12,000 mile warrenty on their work. Not to shabby for free!

Quote Originally Posted by knightryda01 View Post
    Well guys got er done up today. Seems like they did a good job. Took em about 3 hours. It's nice not looking at the check engine light..... lol Am I wrong but the bird seems to have more get up to her....?

To anyone who I sent the letter too. Call the number and see if your f-body is covered. I think they are not just a 2000 TA.

I got a 12 month 12,000 mile warrenty on their work. Not to shabby for free!
    good to hear man . . and thanks for emailin that.

Thread Information