Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

01' Firebird Pewter
    98' Trans Am Black

Finally stepping up

I drove my baby, my first car, my 1995 firebird, just moved up to missouri to live with my father again, who helped create this car with me with any different idea's, Finally sold her last week, and replaced her with a 2001 pewter firebird, changed the year, and went right to TTops(:

Im pretty sure I heard the best news of my life, when my father surprised me and finally said yes to a trans am, "Today- Its nearly 4 AM" Him and I are going to look at a black trans am, with about 65k miles, driven by an older woman who went to the store and back, a single owner, and its less than 9k, The shape is immaculate and I LOVE it!

Future plans for this car if bought are starting with the usual side molding, and im taking off the door "trans am" badges, and getting black ZO6 wheels, and using accents with the color sinister green, Im so glad that I've finally have been able to step up and buy one!

Now all of you guys can quit killing me about my v6(: pictures will be up if bought! aside of my firebird also!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Congrats! I remember the pics of your first car and it was very nice as I recall. Nothing wrong with V6 motorvation at all -- less front end weight and quite capable. How about some pics of the new car?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Congrats.

01' Firebird Pewter
    98' Trans Am Black

Well were going to go out and look at it today after my dad gets off work, so ill be sure to take a couple! but the lady selling it is out of town with the title till monday, so were hopefully going to put down a deposit to hold it till then, then pick it up monday, by then, ill give it a new wash, and take some side by side pics with the pewter and black!

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Congrats! Hope you get it! That 95 you had was very nice looking. Now that you know these cars I'm sure you wont be dumb with it

01' Firebird Pewter
    98' Trans Am Black

a few from craigslist they put on there, 60,7xxx miles

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Hey I had a 96 for 3 yrs, nothing wrong with a 3800 engine. Hell some of them with turbos smoke V8's with bolt-ons

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0Wp1MbNp-8[/ame]

And the pics are sweet!!! I've been noticing that a lot of non-WS6 cars are shaking loose. I've been seeing more of them then the others.

One more thing, I say this because your a young driver. Always remember that this has way more HP and if not treated with respect she'll get away from you faster then you think. Please, I'm begging, don't become a stereotype of most young drivers by wreaking their cars.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Congrats!

I remember the '95, you and your dad did alot of good work to it, must been tough to see it go.

Enjoy the V8 membership! lol

And I agree;
    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    One more thing, I say this because your a young driver. Always remember that this has way more HP and if not treated with respect she'll get away from you faster then you think. Please, I'm begging, don't become a stereotype of most young drivers by wreaking their cars.

Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

Congrats! I'm always a skeptic of "the little old lady going to the store and church", but that really is a clean looking car!

01' Firebird Pewter
    98' Trans Am Black

I understand the major power difference, and thats why I cant drive it alone for a while until I get "used" to it with my father being there, but everybody makes mistakes, just hopefully its not in this car!

Im driving an hour towards st louis in about 20 min to go pick it up!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Good luck. These cars handle great. Just be careful in the rain and when going around turns. At higher RPM, with a little throttle blip in the rain, the ass end can come loose pretty easily!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by AfterYou View Post
    I understand the major power difference, and thats why I cant drive it alone for a while until I get "used" to it with my father being there, but everybody makes mistakes, just hopefully its not in this car!

Congrats!

Yup got rid of mine a little over a week ago now too.. Have fun, be safe!

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

I'm glad you're understanding of this and don't see it as annoying on your father's part. You had that red bird with firehawk lettering right? That did look nice. Make this look just as your own. And as if I need to, second the be careful attitude. I know I'm only 21 and am kind of in the same boat but I've been around these for quite some time. May even be a good idea to go into an open area and purposely induce a little oversteer and practice how it feels and what it takes to cause it.
    2002 Black/Ebony M6 WS6: Lid, Filter, Smooth Bellow, P&P TB (!Bump Stop), Magnaflow Cat-Back (dumped after the axle), 4.10s, Hypertech ME Tune, eibach springs 4/4, LCA relocating brackets, PHB, free mods, 17" TTMs.

2001 Trans Am Ws6

My dad almost wrecked my first one when he drove it. Wouldn't believe the power I told it had until he kicked rear end out in 2nd and almost side swiped 3 cars.

Navy Blue Metallic/Black
    02 camaro z28/01 wife t/a

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Hey I had a 96 for 3 yrs, nothing wrong with a 3800 engine. Hell some of them with turbos smoke V8's with bolt-ons

And the pics are sweet!!! I've been noticing that a lot of non-WS6 cars are shaking loose. I've been seeing more of them then the others.

ey im a young driver and im proud to say i have 2 f-body's i got my camaro wen i was 17 and i haven't wreck yet. (hope i din't jinks my self) But i do give this car's great respect cause i know first handed what can happen specially in the rain. My advice is not to get to throttle happy, cause if you don't crash you will f-up some thing else like the 10 bolt or the ls1. To me i drive mine both as daily drivers nice and calm with a smile on my face cause i know what i got under the hood and if the need does come i can have power wen i need it. (just dont beat the daylights off it) treat it like if it was your girl.
    Last edited by reaper ws6; 06-14-2011 at 08:40 AM.

2001 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by reaper ws6 View Post
    ey im a young driver and im proud to say i have 2 f-body's i got my camaro wen i was 17 and i haven't wreck yet. (hope i din't jinks my self) But i do give this car's great respect cause i know first handed what can happen specially in the rain. My advice is not to get to throttle happy, cause if you don't crash you will f-up some thing else like the 10 bolt or the ls1. To me i drive mine both as daily drivers nice and calm with a smile on my face cause i know what i got under the hood and if the need does come i can have power wen i need it. (just dont beat the daylights off it) treat it like if it was your girl.
    Love itt makee

01' Firebird Pewter
    98' Trans Am Black

Just got her! she drives amazing! i love it haha such a difference between my firebird and this t/a

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Congrats

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Just got her! she drives amazing! i love it haha such a difference between my firebird and this t/a
    Quite. Congrats man. Pics?
    And

01' Firebird Pewter
    98' Trans Am Black

giving it a wash right after i post this, then will post pics of both of my birds!

Thread Information