Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blue
    04 Silverado

finally ordering hood

i am finally ordering a ws6 hood sat from ramairhood.com painted with 1yr warranty god damn i cant wait to get it on the car.if anyone thinks its a bad idea to get one from ramairhood.com stop me now!i have heard good things about them so we will see

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

hmmm, a prepainted hood? might not match your fade, and black fades if it's been out a lot

black
    2002 trans am

you will c what it looks like...

should look good..but like he said..it does fade...but in ur pic it dont look to bad..thats the same car i got...and im wanting a hood...

im ganna go with something diffrent then the ram air (but i do like them)...just else something unique

post some pics when mounted

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

how much did you pay for the hood becuase im planning on getting one!?

Blue
    04 Silverado

it should match up good my paint has had it pretty good,has 25,5XXmi always stored it has gotten 7,000mi put on it the past 3yrs.lots of zaino on it pics are before any zaino.price is alitte much but i think ill get what i pay for comes with 1yr warranty.1379$ with paint and shipping

2000 Trans Am

trust me man you won't be disapointed, remember i got one from the same place painted and delivered and i extremly happy. Look at my pic, you will be happy trust me!! Congratulations man!!! show some pix when it's on!~Chris
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Blue
    04 Silverado

yea u are about the only one i have talked to that has that hood,man i hope it lines up good i am pretty nervous we will see,i will get pics up as soon as i can,how long did it take to get yours shipped?she told me yesterday they had 3 black ones ready,thanks

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    trust me man you won't be disapointed, remember i got one from the same place painted and delivered and i extremly happy. Look at my pic, you will be happy trust me!! Congratulations man!!! show some pix when it's on!~Chris
    nice car bro thats what im trying to do to mine. how much did the hood cost you? how do you like the loudmouth?

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by craig02ta View Post
    yea u are about the only one i have talked to that has that hood,man i hope it lines up good i am pretty nervous we will see,i will get pics up as soon as i can,how long did it take to get yours shipped?she told me yesterday they had 3 black ones ready,thanks
    yeh shipping it seemed took forever for me it was about maybe if i can remember right about a month.......but it is well worth the wait! can't wait to see those pix

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by whiteLS1TA View Post
    nice car bro thats what im trying to do to mine. how much did the hood cost you? how do you like the loudmouth?
    Thanks i really appreciate it! Yours doesn't look to bad either! I love the loudmouth exhaust I have I noticed on another thread on here you said yours was too quite, just get the loudmouth 1 resonator and you'll be able to hear the difference!

2000 Trans Am

Where you from in California?

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

Where you from in California?
    yea im from nor cal byh san fransico a little town called benicia you? yea i love the sound of the slp loudmouth 2 but i wish it was louder. hey do any of ever listen really close when your car is running? cuz damn i was earlier today and i dont know if its me or what but i always think that there is something loose or something wrong with my car. any of you do that. i think i might be into my car a lil bit tomuch

Blue
    04 Silverado

yea the loudmouth in my opinion is just bad ass!i had it on my 01 SS and 99 Z and loved it,cheap and easy.i have borla and headers on my trans am,and i probably like the sound of the loudmouth by itself

2000 Trans Am

yea im from nor cal byh san fransico a little town called benicia you? yea i love the sound of the slp loudmouth 2 but i wish it was louder. hey do any of ever listen really close when your car is running? cuz damn i was earlier today and i dont know if its me or what but i always think that there is something loose or something wrong with my car. any of you do that. i think i might be into my car a lil bit tomuch
    my wife says the same thing about me!! She says it's a trans am thing because even the smallest squeak and i freak out! Thinking the engine is gonna explode! I live in southern california, a little town called ridgecrest. I am in the military and stationed here.

2000 Trans Am

yea the loudmouth in my opinion is just bad ass!i had it on my 01 SS and 99 Z and loved it,cheap and easy.i have borla and headers on my trans am,and i probably like the sound of the loudmouth by itself
    did you order the ram air box and filter also? Cause you won't get the "full affect" if you don't have the higher air box that the ws6's came with

Blue
    04 Silverado

no didnt get the box yet i have a lid now and have NOS going into the side of the lid now.i have a k&n filter.plus i already have the slp ram air going in under the nose straight into the box,so i might get the box sometime,so i will have ram air but i just love that damn hood!i looked for about 2 months for a 2002 ws6 m6,looked at acouple but not for me.then i settled for this one not a ws6 or an m6,but ive had 2 m6s so i settled,plus i knew the owner from high school so i knew the car alittle and it was very pampered,so here i am spending more money but oh well i wont be satisfied w/o a hood.

2000 Trans Am

no didnt get the box yet i have a lid now and have NOS going into the side of the lid now.i have a k&n filter.plus i already have the slp ram air going in under the nose straight into the box,so i might get the box sometime,so i will have ram air but i just love that damn hood!i looked for about 2 months for a 2002 ws6 m6,looked at acouple but not for me.then i settled for this one not a ws6 or an m6,but ive had 2 m6s so i settled,plus i knew the owner from high school so i knew the car alittle and it was very pampered,so here i am spending more money but oh well i wont be satisfied w/o a hood.
    How did you mod the ram air to go right under the nose and into the box? Did u actually buy it from slp or did you mod it yourself cause i know you can do both.

Blue
    04 Silverado

it was bought from slp its a air duct that bolts on underneth

Blue
    04 Silverado

well i did it just ordered the hood today,it will probably be a damn month till i get it though

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

did you order the ram air box and filter also? Cause you won't get the "full affect" if you don't have the higher air box that the ws6's came with
    besides headers and new resornator what else can make a difference in sound for my slp lm2?

Thread Information