Thread: Finally

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

Finally

hey guys just letting yall know that i finally upgraded my gears from 2.73's to 3.73's also got my LS6 intake installed along with a pp tb, and im very happy. the car runs even better than before, and has better acceleration and take off than before.

now i have slp lt's with slp ory, pp tb, 3.73 gears, tune, flowmaster muffler(soon to be changed to magnaflow) mti clear lid, qtp elec cutout, free ram air mod, k&n filter, no cats, no egr, no air.

my next mod is installing a 3200 stall or getting some drag radials. what yall think i should do?

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Stall/Cooler

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

yeah thats what i was thinking, im not worried about the drag radials at the moment.

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Stall/Cooler
    +1

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

Buy yourself a Moser 12-bolt or 9" rear end before you put drag radials on. The 10-bolt will snap under stock power with drags. Will easily snap with some power mods, a stall, and drag radials.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

yeah i herd that can happen on the stock rearend, but when i had my gears installed, the axels looked like they were in pretty good shape. im gonna get a start saving for a 3200 stall and tranny cooler, after i get that installed. im gonna swap the rear end, whats the better of the two 12 bolt or a 9 inch?

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBornThriller View Post
    Buy yourself a Moser 12-bolt or 9" rear end before you put drag radials on. The 10-bolt will snap under stock power with drags. Will easily snap with some power mods, a stall, and drag radials.
    good idea.. but mines still holdin up
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmFanatic View Post
    yeah i herd that can happen on the stock rearend, but when i had my gears installed, the axels looked like they were in pretty good shape. im gonna get a start saving for a 3200 stall and tranny cooler, after i get that installed. im gonna swap the rear end, whats the better of the two 12 bolt or a 9 inch?
    Personal preference, really. I like the 9inch because it's simpler, meaning less chance of something being done incorrectly and less chance of annoying gear whine. I think (not positive though) the 12-bolt is slightly lighter. Either one will hold up indefinitely though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    good idea.. but mines still holdin up
    So is mine, but there's not a single time I stomp on the go pedal that I don't say a little prayer. Read too many stories of people breaking them on silly stuff like just peeling out of a parking lot to feel comfortable. I just don't trust it.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Personal preference, really. I like the 9inch because it's simpler, meaning less chance of something being done incorrectly and less chance of annoying gear whine. I think (not positive though) the 12-bolt is slightly lighter. Either one will hold up indefinitely though.

So is mine, but there's not a single time I stomp on the go pedal that I don't say a little prayer. Read too many stories of people breaking them on silly stuff like just peeling out of a parking lot to feel comfortable. I just don't trust it.
    true true... i just dont rag on my stuff

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Yep thats how I broke mine on street tires. I pulled my 10 bolt out both axles where fine...but my carrier broke. Im stock too.

2000 Trans Am

Why would he swtich to a different rear end after he just installed the gears?........how do you like the qtp elec cutout mod was it worth the money?
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Thread Information