Black
    1999 T/A WS.6

A few questions.

Hey everyone, I'm new to these forums. I just recently picked up my second F-Body (first being a plane Jane Firebird. ), it being a Trans Am WS.6.

I bought it for nine grand, flat. All of it paid for by myself, which made me feel pretty manly, me being only 19 and all! The engine was pretty brand new with less than 12,000 Miles throughout it's veins, all the documentation on it along with another 8 months on the Warranty. It had about 136k miles on the car, itself. The paint is flawless, it has a custom intake, along with Borla exhaust (which purrs quite nicely!) It's a very great car, and I feel like I got an amazing deal on it.

Anyway, it had a few problems with it. Namely the door cracks (Both sides, sadly.), the Driver's side headlight gear was stripped (which I rotated and fixed it temporarily) and then the Driver's side tail light. Which I'm confused about.

It's completely dull. Even in the sunlight. There's some condensation buildup on the light itself, inside. Could this be it? Or would it be some kind of electrical problem? Would I have to replace the whole light? Or is there some kind of DIY fix like the headlight? Time isn't really the issue. I love the car so much, it's going to get babied for the rest of it's life.

Anyway, thank you for your help.
    Last edited by MistrCreazil; 05-29-2009 at 07:44 AM.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am WS-6

Tail light

Mine was the same way. Moisture had gotten inside the housing and the reflective coating went to crap. Get a new tail light housing. There are usually several on ebay but they aren't necessarily cheap.

2002 CETA m6

The headlights each have individual motors that flip them up and down. My old firebirds headlight motors gave out so i went and had them fixed which wasnt too cheap. If it happens to my new car, im just going to find a way to do it myself.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Well if the flip up and down but just grind then its just the gear that needs to be replaced and those gears are cheap. Even the metal replacement version for the plastic stock gear is cheap.

Black
    1999 T/A WS.6

I've already fixed the headlight problem. I was asking about my tail light. I guess I'll go around and try to get a housing for it. Thanks.

Thread Information