Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Everyone please read!

My purpose in this thread is not to make anyone feel bad or point fingers at any members. I would like to ask everyone that actively participates in the Firebird forum for some assistance though. On a daily basis, I generally have to move 3 to 8 threads a day out of the Firebird forum to their more appropriate forum. The Firebird forum is intended for discussion of Firebird specific topics. Its not intended as a lounge area, thats what AAG is for.

If your thread is exhaust related, which includes headers and catbacks, it belongs in the external engine forum. If your thread is about tires, it belongs in the wheel/tire forum. If your thread is about shocks or other suspension related matters, it belongs in the suspension forum. If your thread is about general LSx repairs it belongs in the general help forum. If your thread is about tuning/pcm related issues, there is a tuning forum. Clutches, gears, transmission related threads belong in the drivetrain forum. If your thread is cam related, it belongs in the internal engine forum and so on.

We have moderators and sponsors that specialize in these areas that will give you qualified help and most typically they stick to their assigned areas and don't always come in the Firebird forum. You will get better help and responses if your thread is in the appropriate forum and I personally would appreciate if I didn't have to spend the time to move 5+ threads a day into the appropriate area.

Thanks for taking the time to read and help out
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 02-25-2009 at 05:56 PM.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Well said. From a user stand point, it is bothersome to see general help questions or tire questions when there are already areas for these.

Think about what type of thread you are going to start and then look at the area where you are going to post it and then ask yourself; 'Is this relevant or related to the area in which I am going to start the thread?' If not, then find one that best suits it.

Thanks also,

GUNS

Black
    1999 Trans Am

just out of curiosity, what is a firebird specific topic?? When I have a help question I generally post one thread in the firebird forum and a duplicate in the specific forum to get quicker and a greater number of responses.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

um..head light problems..asking about the raim air hood..stuff like that.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinohuey View Post
    just out of curiosity, what is a firebird specific topic?? When I have a help question I generally post one thread in the firebird forum and a duplicate in the specific forum to get quicker and a greater number of responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    um..head light problems..asking about the raim air hood..stuff like that.
    Shady is on the right track. Anything that is specific to a Firebird/TA and would not involve a Camaro or GTO or etc. Just about anything motor related is an LS1 topic, not a Firebird topic. Headlights, hood stuff, build numbers, headrests all come to mind as being Firebird specific, there are more as well.

Ever since I posted this thread, the thread placement has improved in the Firebird forum, so I would like to take time to thank everyone for making the effort

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Well said. For me though, I just come directly to the firebird section and don't bother with the other ones. Bad me. I can definitely see how people would overlook that though and just post here.

If your thread is exhaust related, which includes headers and catbacks, it belongs in the external engine forum.
    As an example: I know it's all LS1, but I'm thinking the reason for posting in this forum over external engine is because they want to exclude opinions/thoughts/answers from non-firebird owners, not that it would make a difference.
    Last edited by onetroubledguy; 03-05-2009 at 05:34 AM.

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP. By getting use to this site it's starting to kick in and we start putting stuff or threads in the right categories. Thanks again for the reminder and as my wife says if a man is not reminded daily he will probably forget. But this time lets prove the women wrong...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Bump

Silver
    2002 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Shady is on the right track. Anything that is specific to a Firebird/TA and would not involve a Camaro or GTO or etc. Just about anything motor related is an LS1 topic, not a Firebird topic. Headlights, hood stuff, build numbers, headrests all come to mind as being Firebird specific, there are more as well.

Ever since I posted this thread, the thread placement has improved in the Firebird forum, so I would like to take time to thank everyone for making the effort

hey sorry im just reading the thread right now, and i was wondering why it said moved. im on my dads profile so you might look at it and be like " well you've been on here since august '05 so why don't you know by now?" lol but im just getting the hang of it and stuff and i will definately put in effort to better place my threads. btw while im on here, can you tell me how to make an album?

-thanks

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by jlindelow View Post
    hey sorry im just reading the thread right now, and i was wondering why it said moved. im on my dads profile so you might look at it and be like " well you've been on here since august '05 so why don't you know by now?" lol but im just getting the hang of it and stuff and i will definately put in effort to better place my threads. btw while im on here, can you tell me how to make an album?

-thanks
    no. this thread isnt for that..create a new thread with that question

Red
    02 WS6 Trans Am

I don't think I would start a thread I might respond to one if I think I can help or like what someone had commited to. I just figure if it is on my T/A than it is firebird related no matter what it is. If I have a ??? then I read past threads on the Firebird area if I can't find it there then I don't look any farther

Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

im new here to so sorry i will try to post in the right spot

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Thumbs up

I find it hard to locate the different classifications. Like, wheels/tires, internal engine, external engine, etc. I look up at the toolbar, and there's nothing obvious that would allow a person to go to "that" specific classification so as to NOT post a thread where it shouldn't be posted.

However......

I recently found down in the lower right corner of the screen a pulldown that says something to the effect of jumping to forum......if you click on the down arrow, it will give you choices to choose in the category you are having your issue in. I didn't know this till just a few minutes ago. And I have had my account active for years. I appreciate the gentle way SS is trying to direct users to post in the proper places, but, looking at the upper toolbar, it is vague at best on HOW to get to the right posting classification......Hopefully, I have helped others on how to get in the proper category so their posting will be more effectively addressed. It doesn't make sense to ask a question about wheels/tires in the external engine category, even though wheels/tires are external to the engine!!!! See what I mean? I think if the different forums would be labeled "Different Forums" up in the toolbar, it would have precluded many postings from being in the wrong categories or classifications.....instead of being at the bottom of the screen down in the lower right hand corner.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    I find it hard to locate the different classifications. Like, wheels/tires, internal engine, external engine, etc. I look up at the toolbar, and there's nothing obvious that would allow a person to go to "that" specific classification so as to NOT post a thread where it shouldn't be posted.

However......

I recently found down in the lower right corner of the screen a pulldown that says something to the effect of jumping to forum......if you click on the down arrow, it will give you choices to choose in the category you are having your issue in. I didn't know this till just a few minutes ago. And I have had my account active for years. I appreciate the gentle way SS is trying to direct users to post in the proper places, but, looking at the upper toolbar, it is vague at best on HOW to get to the right posting classification......Hopefully, I have helped others on how to get in the proper category so their posting will be more effectively addressed. It doesn't make sense to ask a question about wheels/tires in the external engine category, even though wheels/tires are external to the engine!!!! See what I mean? I think if the different forums would be labeled "Different Forums" up in the toolbar, it would have precluded many postings from being in the wrong categories or classifications.....instead of being at the bottom of the screen down in the lower right hand corner.
    Forum sections are availible upon sign in...
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/index.php
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-06-2009 at 09:01 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

i wont lie, im new to this whole forum/thread deal. I apologize if anything i have posted thus far has been out of the norm or rules of this page. I enjoy this website and all the information that it has provided me with. please bear with me while i learn the ropes

Hide ya kids Hide ya wife 94ss06gxp's Avatar

Silver, Stealth Gray
    97 SS CLONE, 06 GP GXP

i do not have a LS1, but one of my friends (SHADY MILKMAN) does and i work on his car with him, but i think its a pretty user freindly site!!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp View Post
    i do not have a LS1, but one of my friends (SHADY MILKMAN) does and i work on his car with him, but i think its a pretty user freindly site!!
    Welcome to the sight, don't matter what you drive really (except sertain types of rice) someone here will know about it. Huge knowledge pool here..

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

You should have an area where the threads that are started without looking at the stickies first get moved to. We could call it The Principal's Office. Or The Rear End Section. That would be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Try roasting your crow. It'll be easier to get down.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I like grilling mine with a nice brown sugar based rub

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

firebird owners

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I didnt want to mention it, but there is another area we could stick them in...........Jk

Thread Information