Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Ever been stopped by police for

No front license plate? I have, and I tried the ol' "there's no place to put one" excuse, and of course the officer went on to tell me about taking off that 'Bird cover and puttin on a plate!! I dont think so ! I don't drive it much (2000mi in 2.5 yrs), I think I'll take my chances. Just wonderin' how many of you run with plates and how many runnin the way they're supposed to be!

Black
    2000 WS6

When I lived in Virginia I was stopped twice. Each time resulted in a ticket for no front plate. Now I live in South Carolina....no front plate required.

Pewter
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

If you only drive it 1000 miles a year throw it in the front window like some people throw the rear one in the back window.

Silver
    '02 WS6

I would only stop a guy with no front plate for probable cause only if I suspected something more! I would never write somebody for no front plate only.. That is bullshit! Especially a sports car, he he he!!!!! I'm a cop.. And even I wouldn't put a front plate on in place of my precious bird cover. We as cops have to draw the line somewhere!

LS1 Noob

Red
    2000 WS6

I live in VA and the troopers are fanatical about BS stuff like tint and no front plate violations. I've been stopped for both and got a warning on the tint and a ticket for the plate. Each time I was pulled over only for those issues (each time I was going the speed limit, in traffic, and on either a freeway on or off ramp). I was even cool with the troopers, hoping they'd let me slide. I was lucky with the tint issue since I got off with a warning. Apparently, I wasn't the only one with the plate issue since there were about 5 trooper cars pulling multiple cars over for minor violations. BTW, I received the plate ticket taking the I95 South exit off of 495 (the Mixing Bowl). What a stupid ass place to be pulling people over for BS violations. They had traffic backed up for at least two miles.

I recently picked up a clear front cover sold by Afterthoughts Auto. They look pretty nice and still show the plate pretty clearly.

Marc
    Last edited by nytmare; 11-20-2005 at 10:34 AM.

In yo' hood up to no good

1 of 122 Blk A4 WS6 Verts
    1999 T/A WS6 Vert A4

A cop whipped a u-turn across 4 lanes of rush hour traffic to give me a fix-it-ticket for no plate when I had an IROC. I had installed the red bowtie insert from the 91-92 Z28....looked nice. I put the factory correct "Camaro" insert back on, installed the plate, went to the police station, had the cop look at it and sign off on the ticket. Went back home and reinstalled the red bowtie insert....never nailed again.

Had an 89 Vette for 2 years and was never nailed while running the "Corvette" plate insert.

When I find a black plate insert for my WS6....bye-bye plate!

I'm so glad I don't have to worry about that.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

probably my #1 fear toward my fiance wanting to live in Ohio...

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

HONBOY1 would you bust two guys drag racing if they raced on a safe road, waited and made sure no cars were coming, raced til we hit about ten over the speed limit then let off, and you were off duty? well it happened to me and I got taken to jail, liscense was suspended and slapped with some hellacious fines and community service. I ended up having to sell that camaro to pay for all the fines!!!

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Poctiac Trans Am-A4

I'm here in vegas and I actually got pulled over for speeding (58 in a 35) but I still had my paper tag on it so I'm not sure if he would have hassled me had I had hard tags. Probably not considering he knocked it down to a 45 in a 35 and I was able to get it taken off. Thank you officer.

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

I live in ohio and I don't have front plates on either one of my cars. Going on just over two years now and no ticket... wish me luck...

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    probably my #1 fear toward my fiance wanting to live in Ohio...
    I'd be more afraid of the cold weather and snow and ice and salted roads. But then, I've only driven in the snow in a rental car.

White
    2000 Trans Am Vert M6

Where is the best place to buy a white plate insert for the front bumper.

Silver
    '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by woodymaro
    HONBOY1 would you bust two guys drag racing if they raced on a safe road, waited and made sure no cars were coming, raced til we hit about ten over the speed limit then let off, and you were off duty? well it happened to me and I got taken to jail, liscense was suspended and slapped with some hellacious fines and community service. I ended up having to sell that camaro to pay for all the fines!!!
    Off duty?? I would sit and watch!!! As far as on duty... If the public was watching, I would have to at least stop you to make it look like I'm doing my job. If you were sober and had a valid license, I would surely give you a break. Ten over the speed limit aint shit though. I don't give speeding tickets unless they're going over 15 mph over the posted limit. I focus on shitheads with no license and no insurance, not gearheads!

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I got away with no FP the first time when I first got my car. I asked the cop if he could tell me how to take off the front bird plate I'd put it on. He got down, looked and said, well, since you did just get your car, I'm gonna let you off. Since I can't figure out how to take of that damn front plate off myself gives me more of a reason not to write you a ticket! The second time I just couldn't get away with it. So I slapped the plate on, went to the station, paid my $10 and went home and changed it back

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

So does a plate in the front window constitute a "displayed" plate? I would have to think that it does.

My THREE stories,

1. Drove a 2 hour trip in my '91 Bird to a small ocean town, as soon as I turned on the main drag, a cop in a Chevy Blazer flipped a bitch and pulled me over. Result: Warning + Ticket for No Insurance

2. Exactly 2 weeks after story #1 happened, I was driving down the waterfront strip here in Tacoma, and a bike cop U-turned and pulled me over.
    Result: Fix it ticket AND another No Insurance ticket.

3. Fast Forward 3 years, this is just about 2 months ago, a bike cop (see a pattern here?) watched me pass by in front of him where he was waiting at a light. I wasn't worried one bit since I was all legal, and wasn't speeding. Next thing I know, he's there in my mirror lights-a-flashin. I pulled over and tried to explain to him there is nowhere to mount on (playing dumb) and that the car only had one plate on it when I bought it (the truth). Result: Warning.

I just can't bring myself to ruin the natural beauty of these cars by putting that godawful license plate right there on the front.

I saw that show Adam Carolla has (had?) where he is renovating a house, anyways, he was bitching about the same shit. Cops wasting time giving him a ticket for no front plate on his 350Z. Was pretty damn funny. TV crew followed him around to his garages, while he looked for the plate which he never found.

Black
    1999 Firehawk Trans Am

I just went to court and the public defender asked did I fix it I said yep and the ticket was dropped in ILLINOIS. It happens to me about once a year. I think warnings and tickets are off your record every six months. haven't had front plates for 19 years.

black
    1999 Trans Am

wish me luck.....no front plates, i refuse to put it on.....and no tickets.....most ohio cops only pull you over going 15 over....

Black
    1999 WS6 Trans Am

I live in VA. I can relate to the mixing bowl story.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah Virginia is the worst state when it comes to tickets.

I was on I-81 South heading back to school, VA Tech, I was in the number 2 spot out of 8 in a convoy of Tech students. Going about 5 to 10 over the limit, state trooper sitting in the median pulls me over. Walked around the entire car, told me I had a real nice car, warned me about my plates, and then gives me a ticket for the tint(I have 20% legal limit in VA is 50% on the sides). Fine was $30 but a $56 processing fee.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information