Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Does anyone know of any Firebird angel eyes kits?

I'm looking for an angel eyes or demon eyes kit for my TA's fog lamps, something like this:

Does anybody know of any?

The white halos are the angel eyes, red ones are demon eyes.

FAST 90/90, SLP Lid, Kooks JetHot Coated LT's, American Racing Y-Pipe+Magnaflow Cats, DHM Electric Cutout, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, HP Tuners Software, 343 rwhp.

BMR Convertible Subframe Connectors, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

check out his page and you'll find mod links to what light kit he has:

http://www.ws7.se/

Already Tried

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    check out his page and you'll find mod links to what light kit he has:

http://www.ws7.se/
    I already tried that before posting, but it seems they're all Swedish sites.

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

Ive seen em on ebay. look for firebird or trans am fog lights and there should be an led ring option. i saw one that came in 7 led colors and im almost positive there was an angel eye color

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Wow a 7 color changer? That's awesome I'm putting in an order right now. Thanks a lot for the help.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    can you use your factory light switch or do you have to use the new one provided? and also, does anyone know if a complete re-wire is required? and lastly, do the brackets mount similar to the factory lights or do you have to drill new holes? any info anyone has is greatly appreciated.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

If you read down it says you can hook it up to the stock switch.

Bought it!!!

Just bought it, should arrive in the mail within a couple of days. They also included the halo kit free, changes lights to 7 different colors. As far as I know there is no drilling and the kit comes with bolt in brackets. You can wire it to the stock switch but I'm not sure if you can wire it to the stock switch if you choose to use the seven color changer though. I think the kit needs a rewire cause it comes with a bunch of wiring, fuses, etc. I don't know if that necessarily means a complete rewire, or just a partial one. I'll pm the seller and post back for you guys.

ls1camino this was a great find, thanks a lot man.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    Just bought it, should arrive in the mail within a couple of days. They also included the halo kit free, changes lights to 7 different colors. As far as I know there is no drilling and the kit comes with bolt in brackets. You can wire it to the stock switch but I'm not sure if you can wire it to the stock switch if you choose to use the seven color changer though. I think the kit needs a rewire cause it comes with a bunch of wiring, fuses, etc. I don't know if that necessarily means a complete rewire, or just a partial one. I'll pm the seller and post back for you guys.

I'm eventually going to be getting this. It would be extremely helpful if you could provide some type of write-up about the installation, perhaps even a tutorial? If you can, then

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Pics of this installed please...

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Pics of this installed please...

I'm in college away from home right now (my bird is at home, I just ordered the part because it was a good find) so I won't be able to post pics up for a while. Maybe someone else has it and can post though.

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Make sure you check your states laws for what color lights could be illegal up front. Some don't allow red.

Smile Demon Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's TA View Post
    Make sure you check your states laws for what color lights could be illegal up front. Some don't allow red.
    Well the kit comes with a seven color changer so I can switch back to white or whatever other color I want, I'm not locked into red.

However I looked into the matter anyway. According to Florida Statute 316 a vehicle must have:

"At least 1 [headlight] on each side of a motor vehicle, showing a white light not more than 54 inches, or less than 24 inches from road level"

it also says that it is prohibited to use the following lights on a vehicle:

red/blue/flashing
    red/blue
    or blue

If I'm interpreting this correctly it seems that red is OK as long as it is not paired with blue, and that as long as a vehicle has white headlights its OK.

I'm not changing the color of my headlights, just the color of the foglights (Which are equipped with the 7 color changer anyway which includes white, I can switch back to white at the flip of a switch if I run into problems) so I still fulfill the headlight requirement and red lights are legal so it looks like its OK.

U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

I know here in Colorado the law is almost the same. You cannot have blue or red lights from the front of the vehicle. Those colors are reserved for emergency vehicles only. just from what you posted, it looks like red may be ok...as long as it's not flashing or paired with blue. I would look into it further to confirm this.

Installation

To those of you who requested more information about installation, I have received a response from the seller, guess I was wrong about the drilling but it can't be too bad:

Hi,

This kit includes its own mounting brackets that mount independently of the factory mounting points, so you will have to drill in the brackets. If you have plastic inserts currently covering your fog light holes then you will have to remove those to install this kit, which is required of any fog light installation. Our fog light kit includes its own wiring with pre-assembled harnesses that connect to the wiring provided in the kit. However, the lamps can be easily wired into the existing wiring that you currently have by simply tapping into the factory wiring or you can also use t-taps. T-taps allow you to tap directly into existing wiring very cleanly/neatly and can be found at any local auto parts store for less than $3.00. This will also allow you to use your existing fog light switch if you would like. The LED option will include a single remote that will allow you to control the fog lamps and control the color of the LEDs, so that the LEDs remain on any of the 7 colors shown in the auction. However, you will have to use the included LED switch because other switches will not be able to control the LEDs properly if you choose to use the halo option. Please let us know if we can possibly help with anything else. Thanks so much for your business, we really do appreciate it, and we look forward to serving you again soon!!

Thank You!
    -Autopia Lighting

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Red wont be allowed. But there are about 10 DDs here in the local area with them.
    Whiteish blue is ok. The red you wouldnt be able to cruise with often. I would just turn them on while I parked for the attention getter IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Red wont be allowed. But there are about 10 DDs here in the local area with them.
    Whiteish blue is ok. The red you wouldnt be able to cruise with often. I would just turn them on while I parked for the attention getter IMO.
    Sent an email to FHP to make sure, awaiting response, but that's what I was thinking of doing if it turns out they're illegal, they'll still look damn good in white.

Halo Lights: The final decision

I've received a response from Florida Highway Patrol, and it looks like my little "creative interpretation" didn't work as well as I though it would. I don't know what the verdict would be for you guys in different states though. The reply from Captain Mark Welch is posted below:

"You are not interpreting this correctly. Red lights are allowed only on the rear of vehicles. The Halo lights are not illegal but they cannot be red or blue. "

Captain Mark D. Welch
    Chief of Public Affairs
    Law Enforcement Services
    Florida Highway Patrol
    2900 Apalachee Parkway, MS 44
    Tallahassee, FL, 32399-0500
    Office: 850.617.2301
    Fax: 850.617.5108
    MarkWelch@flhsmv.gov
    www.flhsmv.gov/FHP

Thread Information