Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    1995 Pontiac Formula

Does anyone else

I dunno, i've had my car for exactly 7 months and 9 days, and I still get a smile on my face when I start her up... Does anyone else just enjoy their car so much that while driving they mute their music and just listen to the engine?? I find myself doing that alot now.... Sorry just felt like sharing
    1995 Formula M6- Red... Throttle body airfoil, K & N FIPK2, TB bypass

Burgandy
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

i have had my car for almost 3 months now, and everytime i get into my car,i always have a smile on my face and i will just about everytime i drive it, ill listen to the engine while i am driving.. gotta love the sound of the T/A

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

yes i do to i even go outside once or twice at night and sit on my porch and dream of all the bolt ons i wished it had that i cant afford yet haha and i just stare at the bodylines. this is my second ta and i still feel the same way i did when i bought the first one.

Red
    1995 Pontiac Formula

haha i also go outside at least twice a day and just open the hood and start her up.. then i dream about the bolt ons i too cant afford yet lol

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

i see your out of arlington i grew up in DeSoto and moved to ok in 1990.I think im going to try to port my tb this weeknend. maybe give me some one on one time with her haha.i have a company veh so my car sits all week calling me to drive her. i do find a reason once or twice aweek to take her for a spin

Red
    1995 Pontiac Formula

Yea, I moved there last August, but now I just recently moved to San angelo.. Small a$$ town .. Haha always nice just to take her out for a spin even if its just for 10 mins

Burgandy
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
    i see your out of arlington i grew up in DeSoto and moved to ok in 1990.I think im going to try to port my tb this weeknend. maybe give me some one on one time with her haha.i have a company veh so my car sits all week calling me to drive her. i do find a reason once or twice aweek to take her for a spin

same here, i use a work van 7 days a week..my car just sits in the same spot for atleast 3 straight days before i get a chance to take her out.. i hardly have put any miles on her and havent taken her on a good long ride through the mountains yet.

Red
    1995 Pontiac Formula

I used to make excuses to come see my bro here in angelo when I lived in arlington just to take a small trip.. It's about a 260 mile trip, usually took me around 2hr some odd minutes to get here... Small back roads with no traffic

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

im a ex over the road truckdriver been in all 48 states and every major city with an 18 wheeler . ive hauled alot of frozen beef out of san angelo .but theres alot of wide open spaces out there to let your ta stretch her wings!!

Red
    1995 Pontiac Formula

Haha oh so you know how $hitty this town is then ... the only good thing is like u said, alot of wiiiide open spaces out here

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

and the smell of cow dung haha

Black
    2002 Formula Firehawk

She and me have had a rocky relationship but i still love the way she moans i mean roars when i floor her

Red
    1995 Pontiac Formula

Quote Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
    and the smell of cow dung haha
    and the sheep $hit

Silver
    1998 Trans Am

I've had my car for about three years now and still get a thrill from driving it. I still find myself turning the music down to hear the exhaust. Although I have to admit that I have been playing with the idea of getting the new camaro when it comes out but I don't know if I'll be able to afford to keep the Trans Am. Oh well, we'll see when it comes out and until then I still have one of the greatest cars ever made

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am M6

Same here guys.. I admit it, I listen to the radio the whole time until I stop and then I usually turn it down just to hear the beast roar up to the speed limit and then I usually turn the radio back up and cruise.. Next stop light same thing I love my T/A and it only has a Flowmaster the previous owner put on it.. I have Pacesetter longtubes, ORY, and SLP Lm1 setting in the garage that gets put on the 7th now I will probably take the radio out becasue I wont be able to ever hear it!

Onyx Black
    2001 WS6

Yes I do. Especially with the T-tops down going through a valley where the sounds echo off the terrain.

2001 WS6: SDPC LS7 Shortblock, L92 heads upgraded for .600 lift,
    L76 intake, Nick Williams TB, Comp Cams 224/228 .581/.588 114+2 LSA
    Waiting for boost
    2003 Silverado 1500HD

Red
    1995 Pontiac Formula

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBird01 View Post
    Yes I do. Especially with the T-tops down going through a valley where the sounds echo off the terrain.
    oh hell yea!!

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

I've owned mine for over 9 years now and I can tell you guys that thrill never goes away. I almost never turn on the radio anymore. 116k miles and She can still put a smile on my face. And if your car can still do that, Then that's all that matters.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    I've owned mine for over 9 years now and I can tell you guys that thrill never goes away. I almost never turn on the radio anymore. 116k miles and She can still put a smile on my face. And if your car can still do that, Then that's all that matters.
    oh yea i can agree with that
    ive had an fbody since before i actually had a license and it still puts a smile on my face not only to be driving one but to own one. my trans am and i have had our times *blown water pump 65 miles away from home* but i still love her... whats the matter with us!?! lol jk
    its really nice to hear how people apprechiate their cars, even the stock cars with no mods you guys are loving the car, and thats what its all about. i keep trying to tell people that...

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Quote Originally Posted by ls1blackbeauty98 View Post
    oh yea i can agree with that
    ive had an fbody since before i actually had a license and it still puts a smile on my face not only to be driving one but to own one. my trans am and i have had our times *blown water pump 65 miles away from home* but i still love her... whats the matter with us!?! lol jk
    its really nice to hear how people apprechiate their cars, even the stock cars with no mods you guys are loving the car, and thats what its all about. i keep trying to tell people that...
    I totaly Agree
    So many people get wrapped up in big numbers and wanting a full blown race car only to be disapponted when it's not driveable on the street. People used to always say I was conservative about mods and such. But I prefer to call it a more balanced approach.
    I'm on my fourth F-Body, 2 Second Gens and 2 Fouth Gens. While I miss the others, I've had this one the longest and it is the only one I bought New. And even though it's got High Mileage and needs a few things here and there it's still better than a minivan.

Thread Information