2000 WS6 Trans Am

Decisions, Decisions...

I am currently looking to buy a 98-02 ws6 trans am, as I finally got rid of my '98 V6 Mustang this morning.

Basically, what should I be looking for? Any recommendations or things to look out for, or things preferred?

I am definitely looking for one with black or ebony interior, because I hate tan.

Also, I am thinking automatic transmission, just because I don't want to have to pay to fix a manual 6 speed when I tear it up.

Then the color I need recommendations on, or opinions rather, black, white, or red?

I love the black and am definitely leaning towards it.

Just any advice would be fantastic, I am looking around for deals and am finding quite a few that could potentially be good, but am not quite sure yet as to what exactly I am wanting.

Thanks

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by WS6Dream View Post
    I am currently looking to buy a 98-02 ws6 trans am, as I finally got rid of my '98 V6 Mustang this morning.

Basically, what should I be looking for? Any recommendations or things to look out for, or things preferred?

I am definitely looking for one with black or ebony interior, because I hate tan.

Also, I am thinking automatic transmission, just because I don't want to have to pay to fix a manual 6 speed when I tear it up.

Then the color I need recommendations on, or opinions rather, black, white, or red?

Just any advice would be fantastic, I am looking around for deals and am finding quite a few that could potentially be good, but am not quite sure yet as to what exactly I am wanting.

Thanks
    I don't want this turning into a manual versus auto tranny debate, but the auto trannies are just as notorious for breaking as manuals. Buy one with the tranny you want to have, not because you think one tranny is more durable.

The first person that turns this thread into a debate about manual versus auto tranny can expect to be removed from the thread as well.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

sweet! welcome to the dark side.

01-02 models are arguably better, that is the most broad general thing I can tell you. I am weary of buying modded cars, the stocker the better when i'm on the hunt.

most common interiors, should have no problem finding one with such.

4l60e auto are more likely to break, but 6 speeds are typically abused more, your call, I have an auto daily driver and love it, but for a weekend car it would be a six speed or nothing.

get what you love, black was the highest produced color, again, should have no problem finding one.

Thanks
    craigslist is your best friend. there are several threads on this forum dedicated to different colors of trans ams.. maybe some of our rides will help you decide...

2000 WS6 Trans Am

Thanks Justin, I have been looking on craigslist for a while now and have found a few nice looking ws6's, but haven't been pressed to go look at them, because I still had my mustang. Now that it is gone, I kinda need a car, making it more of a pressing issue, even though I have a truck I can drive in the mean time. But I am definitely leaning towards black/black, and undecided on the transmission.

What do you think a fair price range would be for one like that? I am trying to get opinions and price guides from people that know what they are talking about, rather than just guessing prices based on craigslist ads.

2000 WS6 Trans Am

Also, I'm definitely not looking for just any ws6 trans am. Its gotta be pretty dang clean inside and out, I won't settle for a beat up, dented, scratched up car.

So for the price estimates for what I am looking for, factor that in.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Also, I'm definitely not looking for just any ws6 trans am. Its gotta be pretty dang clean inside and out, I won't settle for a beat up, dented, scratched up car.

So for the price estimates for what I am looking for, factor that in.
    there were more trans ams sold in Dallas than anywhere else in the country, that said, there should be plenty for you to choose from nearby in Oklahoma,

a car is only worth what someone will pay for it, $10-$12k should buy you a clean car with ~50,000 miles, $7-$8k for one with ~100,000 miles, but those are just estimates from my area, every car and seller is different

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

It hasn't been posted yet, so here is a good thread on what to look for when shopping: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118628

Good luck!

2000 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    there were more trans ams sold in Dallas than anywhere else in the country, that said, there should be plenty for you to choose from nearby in Oklahoma,

a car is only worth what someone will pay for it, $10-$12k should buy you a clean car with ~50,000 miles, $7-$8k for one with ~100,000 miles, but those are just estimates from my area, every car and seller is different
    Alright thanks, that is what I have been seeing with what is for sale. I will keep looking for the right deal.

2000 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    It hasn't been posted yet, so here is a good thread on what to look for when shopping: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118628

Good luck!
    Thanks, I will definitely check that out and read over what to look for.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

have you checked the vehicles for sale section?

2000 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    have you checked the vehicles for sale section?
    No I haven't checked that yet. Just been looking at craigslist.

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

autotrader.com is good too. and ebaymotors.com

2000 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    autotrader.com is good too. and ebaymotors.com
    What I hate about just looking on the internet is that before I buy a car I am going to want to see it in person. So Kansas/Oklahoma/Texas is generally where I am looking for one.

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

you can do a local search on both of the sites,as little as 25 miles away on auto trader.

2000 WS6 Trans Am

Ok, I looked at one today and will be buying it tomorrow morning.

2000 WS6 Trans Am

60150 miles, red exterior, black leather interior.

Exterior is in excellent condition, with only 2 little scratches on the hood and two tiny chips in the headlight covers.

Interior looks great as well.

Been garage kept all its life, one owner car.

Talked him down to $10,000! I CANT WAIT TO GET IT!!

How does that deal sound? I will be making a new thread within two days with pictures of the interior and exterior.

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Sounds good,congrats!
    Posted via Mobile Device

White
    1998 Trans Am

If the paint and interior are good and everything runs well that's a decent price. I would say about avg from what I have seen selling.
    Thing that dropped prices on Fbodys at least in the Houston area is the fact you can get a C5 with that mileage Between $13000 and $17000 depending on dealer or private party.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

2003 Sentra

Hey, I just got my 98-02 ws6 trans to my friend. Still looking it?

2000 WS6 Trans Am

Well im crazy excited, I have to work 8-5 today so I wont even be able to pick up the car... but at 5:00, I'm speedin' home to come look at my new baby!

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

Dont get a 98. There are a good bit of differences between a 98 and a 99+. At the time if I would have known this when I bought my car I would have gone a different route. I would try to to get a 01 or 02 though

Thread Information