• Buy 2SS Camaro

1 4.55%
  • Dump a bunch of money into the WS6

21 95.45%
    The name says it all !!!FAST!!!'s Avatar

Black
    2000 WS6, 2006 G35

Data dump your inputs here.

So its been a while since I've posted here but I need so help. I have a split decision and am looking for the answer. Around august-september of this year I will receive a decent amount of money, about $25,000. For a while I had decided to put $15,000 down on the new 2SS Camaro and also trade in my WS6. I think its a beautiful car with decent power and some nice high tech gadgets. Plus a full factory warranty. I had the car picked out and ready to place an order. Then I started thinking that I could take that money and spend about $7,000 to pay off my WS6...no more car payments. Next I could dump an ass load of money into the car, i.e. engine, drive train, suspension, paint, interior, etc. I love my WS-6 and trading it in for the Camaro was going to be hard but I couldn't afford to keep both so...

My question is 2SS Camaro or Rock the WS6?

And if I could get some inputs as to what I could do to the WS6 (if I should choose to keep it) and about $12-$15,000 to lay into it. It is a daily driver but I take really good care of it. It is a 2000 WS6 and is basically stock, Black on black leather. I have the Pro 5.0 and a short shifter (can't remember the name of it, it's bent towards the driver). Thats about it.

I thought about some upgrades such as having it stroked to a 383, maybe a viper spec t-56, definatley want to drop it a couple inches and maybe some different (bigger and wider) rims and tires. Paint is in pretty decent condition (few chips here and there and a ding or two.) but I want a new paint job just cant decide if I want to keep it black. But everyojne (including myself) loves the black.

Ahhhh. So many decisions come up when you get some money.

black
    2001 trans am ws6

Keep the trans am!! The cameros are nice but where i live i m seeing them all time already. Pay it off and buy your self a nice DD so you dont have to drive it year round. Between mods and a nice DD you will still have money to save or play with. If you do keep it i wouldn't drop it 2" with full exhaust or you will scrape the shit out of it. IMO 1.25" drop is plenty and gives these cars a real nice stance. If you cant make up your mind just send the cash to me ill spend it for ya. haha.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

It's your money, and your car, so you have to do what makes you happy. I personally prefer modding an existing car versus dropping coin on a new ride. My concern is that the new Camaro will soon be everywhere, just like the Mustang.

As cool as the new Camaro is - it simply can not match the style or pure muscle look of a Trans Am WS.6 IMO. Go park your T/A next to a new Camaro on the lot and then see what you think.

You can easily pump your T/A up to around 350-370 hp with a few bolt ons and a tune, and more than that with a cam and heads. You can lower it and/or simply upgrade your shocks and springs. There are also appearance mods that work well -- stripes, exhaust tips, etc... All this with money left in the bank.

white
    1999 Trans AM 30th anniv.

new camaro is a sharp car for sure--my son has one on order[Orange]--i still like my T/A and will keep it--[old ponco guy]
    3-66 GTO's
    69 GTO
    95 T/A
    97 T/A ws6
    98 T/A ws6
    99 T/A 30th present

None

I voted for the Trans Am. As cool as the new Camaro is, I just like the looks of the WS6 better. Plus if you can make it outperform and still have money left from the Camaro budget, I wouldn't even think about it twice.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by millerman View Post
    Keep the trans am!! The cameros are nice but where i live i m seeing them all time already. Pay it off and buy your self a nice DD so you dont have to drive it year round. Between mods and a nice DD you will still have money to save or play with. If you do keep it i wouldn't drop it 2" with full exhaust or you will scrape the shit out of it. IMO 1.25" drop is plenty and gives these cars a real nice stance. If you cant make up your mind just send the cash to me ill spend it for ya. haha.
    +2
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

go get a honda and keep the trans am its a better choice

Black
    2000 WS6, 2006 G35

I think I would be happy either way. Like I said I love my WS6 and it would be hard to get rid of. Either way I think I made my decision. New thread coming...

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

keep the t/a

Dark Blue Metalic
    2000 WS6

the new camaro's are nice but I would nrver trade is my WS6 for one
    Kooks LT headers w/ Y pipe & SLP loud mouth
    Diablo programer
    SLP 90mm throttle body
    SLP mas air flow
    Eiback springs - SLPsub frame connectors
    SLP strut tower bracket
    BMR anti squat brackets
    BMR panhard rod
    3:73 gears
    ZR 1 rims-315back/275front

NBM
    02 M6 Formula

poll speaks for itself, new camaros are ugly IMHO, but thats just me i dont think i will ever get rid of mine unless i had to. With the amount of money you have you will have a fuckin sweet and more importantly PAID OFF car! keep it they dont make them anymore!

NBM
    1998 Z-28

I like the new camaro, but if I had a WS6 there is no way I would get rid of it for another car the styling is just unbeatable in my opinion. Put a 408 in yours and enjoy one sexy car

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

one reason not to get the new camaro is the crazy dealer markup.i saw 2 six cyl camaros at the local chevy store last week,both had a $5000 dealer "market adjustment" with is nothing except 5 grand in the dealer's pocket on top of the $400 doc fee that is pure profit.if you must get a camaro put the money in the bank and wait till next year around august when the new model year comes out and you will probably save some money.dealers are getting whatever they want for camaros right now because people "gotta have it" and once the newness wears off you can get one for less than sticker.

Black
    2000 WS6, 2006 G35

These are all good points. And with everyone it just cements my intentions of now keeping the WS6. Now if I could get some inputs for the upgrades I should do. I posted a part 2 to this thread about options but nobody has posted anything yet.

Thread Information