The name says it all !!!FAST!!!'s Avatar

Black
    2000 WS6, 2006 G35

Data dump your inpus here pt.2

OK, due to your inputs and alot of thought I've decided to keep the WS6 instead of buying the new Camaro. Now I've got about $15,000 to spend on it.

Here is the fun part for you...

What should I spend my money on? What I want to do is push it into the low 11's high 10's while still keeping it a decent daily driver. I want to do most the work myself although I've toyed with the notion of building a turboed or super charged 383 with forged internals. I will do some research on my own but part of the research comes in at all the combined knowledge from LS1.commers. I want to start with building a better suspension, paint job, brakes, drive train, wheels/tires, and engine performance. So what am I looking at. The purpose? To get from point A to point B in as little time as possible (straight line performance) but still maintain a nice street car with decent drivability. So let the fun begin...

Edit: I guess I should add what I'm working with. 2000 WS6 completely stock. Easy enough.
    Last edited by !!!FAST!!!; 06-27-2009 at 03:34 PM.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

lid,k&n filter,long tube headers,catted y-pipe(since you live in cali you probably will have to check with someone who knows better than i about what will and will not fly with california emisson laws)performance muffler or custom dual exhaust and a tune would be a good start.

Black
    2000 WS6, 2006 G35

Yeah I know I need a lid. Got the K&N already. Can't do long tubes in Cali unfortunatley. Would it be worth the money to go with shorties or just leave it stock manifolds until I move back to Illinois? Thanks for your input. I am looking into a couple different catbacks thinking of the flowmasters. I want something not too loud but with a nice throaty roar to it.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

i would wait,from what i've read on this site shorties are a waste.my car has long tubes ory and a magnaflow muffler,i expected it to be load with this combo, but idleing and interstate cruising at 70mph it was almost the same as stock,when you mash on it thought it does get a real nice load growl.i would recommend magnaflow to anyone.

Black
    2000 WS6, 2006 G35

Yeah I don't think I'm going to waste the money on shorties. All I've heard is its not worth the money for the little performance gain you get from them.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

for 15k you can do alot or a little

6000 procharger
    1200 for tranny build
    500 ls7/ls2 fly and clutch kit
    300 Subrame connectors
    1000 bolt in rollcage 6 pt with all options

thats 9k right there and atleast 450 fwhp with just the procharger and cali smog legal
    consider labor and other small things you need like upgraded oil pump injectors pushrods etc you looking at under 15k with enough money for a few more suspension parts and just hold off on the paint job till later lol

i have almost full suspension and a 12 bolt -minus k member and upper and lower a arms

wish my rear hadnt blown so i could have gone this route i mentioned above
    Last edited by NavdeepWS6; 06-29-2009 at 08:47 PM.

Thread Information