Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Darren's 2000 Trans Am WS6 thread!

I figured I would make a little thread for my car here. I don't intend a crazy build, but things change with time, who knows right? I bought the car, a 2000 Trans Am WS6 M6 3.42s May 8th 2015 at 88k flat for $11,900. Mint car. Well, not superb mint as if it was stored and never out, couple small nicks up front, cracked door panels, a chip on the spoiler by the sail panel, but in 15 years time that appears to be it. Clear clean title. I am the 4th owner. On paper that sounds excessive but the car was cared for. I don't think it was ever out in any winters. Originally started out as a Maryland car up to 2004 and 50k miles. Then made it's way to PA Mechanicsburg from 2004 - 2012 with 30k miles added in that time. The guy I had bought it from had it for 2 years and 2,000 some miles. And I of coarse am keeping up with the TLC. It's garaged every night and I never plan to take it out in rain even. Enough blabber from me though, lets get on with it!

The owner I bought it from had the transmission serviced at 87k, did poly sway bar end links, added an SLP lid & bellow, along with a K&N air filter. He had the car tinted to 20%, whiteface gauge overlays, also did matte black ram air hood scoop bulge stripes. Really pops nice on silver. The owner before him did the skip shift eliminator, and the Flowmaster 80 series catback with stock WS6 tips welded in place. They also possibly acetoned the center taillight panel bird and Trans Am fonts, which I am not happy with.

With all that said, here are the photos I took of it when I first checked it out in April 2015.

After looking at a couple semi-local ones in my area, I chose this car obviously. The day we did the deal he had it set up to get on a lift so I could take a thorough look underneath.

Done deal & sold! Drove it every day that week. I got it the week of Mother's Day and I took mine out for a ride. She approved.

Couple more pictures for fun.

Me being a fool.

With my other garage decor piece, my 2007 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew.

So there is the car!

Now onto some ideas I have in mind for it. Probably going to happen in order of being listed.

1. Overlays:
    Black overlays for the front plate bird, and Trans Am emblems on the doors. A silver taillight center overlay bird and Trans Am font.

2. Exhaust Tips:
    Larger quad exhaust tips, exactly like the Magnaflow tips. They look fantastic on Pajeff02's car having seen in person! Going to have to do some research and find that part number.

3. Slotted brake rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Russell braided SS lines:
    The brakes have a slight squeak to them currently. I plan to disassemble and grease everything, check things out. And if anything is close to needed replaced I will go forth with my brake plans here.

4. Strano Springs, Koni Yellows, Adj. Panhard & adj. LCAs:
    I like seeing these cars a little lowered. I feel set on Strano springs after some search. Overread some reports of Eibach Prokits lowering more than advertised after long term suspension settle. Koni yellow shocks for durability, and adjustability. Along with that would be adjustable panhard bar and LCAs, probably both from UMI. I'm kind of stuck on whether to upgrade ball joints, tie rods, bushings and such while apart. It has always been one of my things but the car is solid. Perhaps that will change though.

5. Longtube headers, and Y pipe:
    Unsure of which set to do, but I do want to put quality parts in. I am feeling the Stainless Works kit with one of their Y pipes. I feel I should keep it catted, but I'm not totally sure at this point. Would be nice to get it inspected without hassle though. If the Flowmaster muffler ends up falling apart like they usually do I will most likely put in the GMMG catback as I love that sound. Not quite sure I want to do true duals. Up in the air on an electric cutout also.

6. Custom Tune:
    After getting LTs, its always best to get tuned for them to get full benefit and performance. Especially if I end up going OR/Y and need the rear O2s deactivated.

7. Upgraded rear end:
    This is something I need to do a lot of research on. All I am aware of is that the 10 bolt rear will not hold up long term with high power. I would like to upgrade the rear end before throwing bolt ons to the LS1.

8. Engine bolt ons:
    Another unsure one. Will have to research and learn. Probably the LS6 intake, some emissions stuff removed, I don't know what else I could or would do for now. I'm happy with it as it is ( for now! ).

That's about it for now. As time goes on we shall see. Input is welcome! If there is something that I should do in-between things, or during, post it up! Would be grateful for input from the folks who are more knowledge with these cars and what makes them better than they already are. I don't really 'feel' for the CETA mod, I like the back end in it's original state. Might do other small things like interior LED bulbs to replace incandescent domes and whatnot. Otherwise, that's my plotted ideas for now!

Thank's for checking out my WS6!
    -Darren.
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Sounds like a great plan!

I do have HP Tuners Pro and can turn your codes on and off or whatever you need. I don't mind burning a credit on your car as I have nothing else to use it on besides our car. Your best bet for the rear is a Strange S60 with 4.10's in the housing. It is about 20 lbs heavier than a 12 bolt but nothing you do will ever break it. Second choice would be a 9" from one of the suppliers since you are equipped with an M6. Whenever you want to work on your car, say the word as our garage pretty much has everything you will ever need - including a lift.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Sounds like a great plan!

I do have HP Tuners Pro and can turn your codes on and off or whatever you need. I don't mind burning a credit on your car as I have nothing else to use it on besides our car. Your best bet for the rear is a Strange S60 with 4.10's in the housing. It is about 20 lbs heavier than a 12 bolt but nothing you do will ever break it. Second choice would be a 9" from one of the suppliers since you are equipped with an M6. Whenever you want to work on your car, say the word as our garage pretty much has everything you will ever need - including a lift.
    Excellent. Glad to see my research has me on the right track so far.

Sounds good, I will keep that noted! Will be awhile before anything like that happens though. Strange S60 huh, I've heard of it. I have heard commonly of the Moser 9". What I don't like about the Moser is the talk of it causing the rear of the car to sit a little higher, truck stanced pretty much. I'm not overly concerned with fuel economy as the car is a toy, but will 4.10s cause a significant highway mileage loss? I know the pick up & go will be great, I just don't want to get 15mpg.

And that's mighty generous of you, I will certainly take you up on that when the mods start flowing!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

After 7 years of ownership, I just now checked our car's mileage for the first time. Not something I really worry about on a muscle car. This being said, with an M6 your mileage will be more dependent upon your right foot than the gear ratio out back.

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

Nice ride. You're gonna enjoy her.
    Lt's,SFC,3,600 Fuddle stall,Spohn Adj. tunnel mount torque arm, BMR LCA,Ls6 intake,Air lid,Under drive pulley,S60 rear,Frost tune and a few more things I cant remember.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

very pretty car. congrats!
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Nice, very nice.

Black
    2001 B4C Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenWS6 View Post
    Excellent. Glad to see my research has me on the right track so far.

Sounds good, I will keep that noted! Will be awhile before anything like that happens though. Strange S60 huh, I've heard of it. I have heard commonly of the Moser 9". What I don't like about the Moser is the talk of it causing the rear of the car to sit a little higher, truck stanced pretty much. I'm not overly concerned with fuel economy as the car is a toy, but will 4.10s cause a significant highway mileage loss? I know the pick up & go will be great, I just don't want to get 15mpg.

And that's mighty generous of you, I will certainly take you up on that when the mods start flowing!
    I have 4:10's on my car and I got 23mpg driving it to the beach. I get around 15mpg in the city. It's just a toy for me too so I'm not really concerned with fuel mileage. I just like to know what it gets from time to time

BTW you got a nice looking bird. I like those WS6 rims better than the later models. You wanna sell them...LOL.
    2001 B4C Camaro
    LS1 lid
    Speed Engineering 1-7/8 headers and y pipe
    Borla Catback

SOLD!!!
    1998 Trans AM M6
    Corsa Catback,Kooks 1-7/8 Long tubes,Kooks 3 inch Y-Pipe with High Flow Cats, MGW shifter, 4:10's

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

That's a good looking ride Darren

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Thanks folks!

Another photo update. Took the car for a little ride down by the local boat launch and picnic area. I'd say I got some nice shots.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Some great shots - we have a monthly calendar contest on the site you should post up in.

I have photographed our car at the boat launch too. My daughter had some of her senior pictures taken there with the Trans Am as well.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Convt

Looks sharp!! Great shots!

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Nice country pics Darren. I really like the first one especially

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

Here is the stance of my car with a fresh S60 with 4:10 ratio

And here is what the dash looks like on the highway in 6th gear not much of a change from the 3:42's but 2nd through 4th awful fun.
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Will be following! nice car man! Looking forward to seeing what comes of it

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post
    Here is the stance of my car with a fresh S60 with 4:10 ratio
    And here is what the dash looks like on the highway in 6th gear not much of a change from the 3:42's but 2nd through 4th awful fun.
    Not bad! Looks good. Only about 300 - 400 rpm higher then, pretty much looks like most other V8s at 70mph jut around 2000rpm. I can dig that. I filled my car up yesterday and calculated 22.2mpg. My bud was like "What the hell are you even checking it for??" Lol! Just one of my things. Funny thing is that is only 8mpg less than my ecotec 5spd Cavalier gets me. What a great powertrain this LS1 is.

Quote Originally Posted by chevyoverford11 View Post
    Will be following! nice car man! Looking forward to seeing what comes of it
    Thanks! Same goes for your new ride too!

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I snapped a couple more photos last weekend and on Thursday my buddy helped me get this sound clip captured.

All stock powertrain, just SLP lid & bellow, & Flowmaster 80 series catback.

The photos,

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I snapped a couple more photos last weekend and on Thursday my buddy helped me get this sound clip captured.

All stock powertrain, just SLP lid & bellow, & Flowmaster 80 series catback.

The photos,
    Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    I really like the sound of that! Not to loud but enough to know your there. I'll try and post a sound clip today if i get a chance

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by chevyoverford11 View Post
    I really like the sound of that! Not to loud but enough to know your there. I'll try and post a sound clip today if i get a chance
    Definitely. It's not as hollow and backfiring as most chambered mufflers are. I can't hate it, but I would still like to change it. Till then this is perfectly fine!

I look forward to that, the little muffler in your's has to have some rumble. Is yours the LoudMouth 1? or is that the 2?

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I look forward to that, the little muffler in your's has to have some rumble. Is yours the LoudMouth 1? or is that the 2?
    Yeah its got a Lil Rumble. It's the LM2. I wanted the more throaty sound, lm1 usually gives raspy tone from what I'm told

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information