Thread: dam

black
    02 trans am ws6

dam

sad day some ass hole hit my t/a in the ass and took off like a bitch damage is not to bad but shit its never been hit until now any way can any body tell me how hard it is to replace the rear impack bar and i might have to replace impack absorber or is this something i need to done at a body shop

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Quote Originally Posted by txoutlaw69 View Post
    sad day some ass hole hit my t/a in the ass and took off like a bitch damage is not to bad but shit its never been hit until now any way can any body tell me how hard it is to replace the rear impack bar and i might have to replace impack absorber or is this something i need to done at a body shop
    things like this make me wish I never bought a nice car, I'm sorry to hear but why didn't you chase the car down?

It has a big wing!

Really sorry to hear this man...

Insurance? If you do have insurance and you can get them to cover it,I would go with a shop..

I have dealt with hit and runs before and it's just sickening...

Unfortunately the times I have dealt with them ,I only had liability insurance. I had to pay out of pocket for repairs.
    1999 Firehawk Trans Am #530

black
    02 trans am ws6

i was to far away by the time i got to my car he was long gone i got insurance but man what pain in the ass to deal with those people they always look for ways to jack up your rates

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I think the rear impact absorber just unbolts from the body to replace.

black
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I think the rear impact absorber just unbolts from the body to replace.
    yep, i'm pretty sure it does too. Have you made sure no damage has been done to the rear quarters? If the only damage is to the bumper cover and impact absorber, it shoul be a pretty easy fix, but since you had insurance make sure your insurance covers repairs. I'm not sure who the repair shops go through for parts, but I do know Classic Industries carries both of those parts. Sorry to hear about that happening to your T/A You can just about bet that guy didn't have insurance, or worse, he was wanted by the law.

White
    1998 Trans Am

You can go buy the impact bar and other parts at a junkyard along with the cover if they have one. Just have the shop paint the cover the removal and install is just some bolts and push clips.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Thread Information