Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Question Custom/Semicustom Car Cover?

I'm looking for a good car cover for my '02 Trans Am. Any suggestions?

I store my car in my apartment complex's indoor garage over the winter. It's basically a big, dirty building with a garage door on it. I'm looking for a custom or semi-custom cover that can lock to the car (so it can't be pulled off & stolen). I'm looking mainly for something that protects from dust & moisture, but I don't really know much of anything about car covers.

I was looking at the custom one on LMPerformance, so I'm not averse to spending some cash for something decent. But if I could get something nice for less, that would be cool too. Any advice is definitely appreciated.

Collector Yellow (54U)
    2002 Trans Am CE

I got a Coverking Stormshield Two-tone cover a few years ago for around $300.

Its completely custom. I even got to choose the color of the stitching.

Its a great cover, the interior lining is super soft and easy on the finish of the car. The outside is superior and can withstand pretty much everything. To put it into perspective...this cover survived Katrina! My car was parked under covered (open on 2 sides) storage with the cover on a mere 40 miles from New Orleans. Came home a week after and the car was perfectly dry and untouched!

The cover comes with grommets along the center that you run a cable through and under your car then lock on the other side so the cover cannot be removed by just pulling it off. They would have to cut the cover or the cable.

Another great thing about the cover is the fit. It can be pulled down to cover 100% of the body and about 95% of the wheel. Great coverage!

I believe Cover Craft has a cover similar to this one. If you don't get the two-tone then it can be a bit cheaper.
    2002 Trans Am Collector Edition WS6 ASC# 619
    Coupe | Collector Yellow on Ebony Leather | A4 | TCS | #126 of 510 T-Top w/A4 made
    CETA 619 "The Falcon"

Collector Edition Owner Site: www.collectorfbody.com

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

That is sweet....

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Wow, dude. That has to be the coolest car cover I've seen so far. But maybe a little much for me - my car will be stored indoors, so I was just lookin for something to protect it from dust & junk. The looks of the cover aren't really that important to me... just the protection.

NBM
    99 TA

Mine was made for an 80's 2 door Jag, came across it in a friends garage.. itd been sitting there for years. We tried it out and it fit like it was made for the TA! Its a nice material too.

Collector Yellow (54U)
    2002 Trans Am CE

Quote Originally Posted by jcws6 View Post
    Wow, dude. That has to be the coolest car cover I've seen so far. But maybe a little much for me - my car will be stored indoors, so I was just lookin for something to protect it from dust & junk. The looks of the cover aren't really that important to me... just the protection.
    You might want to try something like this then:

Its called SatinStretch.

The ultimate in luxury. Ultra soft Satin is combined with special lycra yarns to produce the ultimate fit car cover. We then designed a special fleece inner liner to provide an even softer touch to prevent any scratches on the vehicle! The look of Satin, the fit of Lycra, and the softness of Fleece - The PERFECT indoor cover!

I'd say just get online and do some searching. Some sites have user reviews and such to go by, as well.

Good luck with your purchase. It took me a couple months to decide what cover I wanted, but I was totally happy with what I got. So take your time and get the right one for what you need.

Thread Information