White
    98 WS6 Ram Air Formula

Common value of WS6

So, i'm thinking of selling my WS6 after the holidays and i'm curious as to what a good price for the car would be. Everything runs great, she's only got 50k miles on her (estimated at 80k), and she's a 98 Ram Air WS6. As far as wear goes, she's got a few chips in the winshield from rocks and small scratch in the plastic in the back seat of the car by the speaker. Other than that, she's just now getting broke in. I'm hoping for about 15 - 20k cause i have my sights on an old stingray but i feel i may just be getting my hopes up. I know kelly blue book and NADA only say my car is worth 9k but ive seen people online selling their WS6's for 15-20. Anyone have an idea of a reasonable price? Thanks in advance.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

6 speed? ..and y dont u have your insurance get the windshield fixed..im sure u have glass coverage.........6 speed with new glass id say 15k is pushin it ...since its a 98.....im thinking u should be able to get somwhere around 13k......if its an auto prolly a 1000 less.....if it were an 02 with 20k miles 15-20k is beliveable..but not a 98 with 50k...goodluck with the sale.......oh yeah..color of course matters as well......id say a black car thats super clean and shiney has a better chance of getting a lil more dough than any other color........so clay bar and wax it..then cover it up for the sale so it stays clean

White
    98 WS6 Ram Air Formula

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    6 speed? ..and y dont u have your insurance get the windshield fixed..im sure u have glass coverage.........6 speed with new glass id say 15k is pushin it ...since its a 98.....im thinking u should be able to get somwhere around 13k......if its an auto prolly a 1000 less.....if it were an 02 with 20k miles 15-20k is beliveable..but not a 98 with 50k...goodluck with the sale.......oh yeah..color of course matters as well......id say a black car thats super clean and shiney has a better chance of getting a lil more dough than any other color........so clay bar and wax it..then cover it up for the sale so it stays clean
    The windshield has been fixed so it doesnt get worse. I'd say that the chip isnt any bigger than the head of a pin. Also, it is an auto and it is arctic white in color.

So, 15k is pushin it? Damn... guess i better get savin' for that stingray

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

yeah definitly pushin it.......but the only way to know how much u can get is to try and sell it.....i only paid 19,500 for my car back in june.......2001 z28, 6 speed, pewter, ttops, leather, then23k spent at LPE on the 383 package, fiske wheels..etc........and i got it from a 61 yr old man...cars imaculate..he did all that work on the car when it was brand new.....he hadnt even took delivery yet........i think i got a good deal though.........white is rare ..if u find somone specificly looking for white u might have a shot at getting close to 15......oh and my car had 17k miles.......really didnt need a car......and if i bought one i was lookin at z06's.....just kinda fell into it.......lol dam ebay

White
    98 WS6 Ram Air Formula

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    yeah definitly pushin it.......but the only way to know how much u can get is to try and sell it.....i only paid 19,500 for my car back in june.......2001 z28, 6 speed, pewter, ttops, leather, then23k spent at LPE on the 383 package, fiske wheels..etc........and i got it from a 61 yr old man...cars imaculate..he did all that work on the car when it was brand new.....he hadnt even took delivery yet........i think i got a good deal though.........white is rare ..if u find somone specificly looking for white u might have a shot at getting close to 15......oh and my car had 17k miles.......really didnt need a car......and if i bought one i was lookin at z06's.....just kinda fell into it.......lol dam ebay
    Damn... every way i look i feel as if i'm not getting what i feel the car is worth... guess its my attachment to it... anyway i did happen to find a stingray for 8800.00.... car looks good but i'm gonna have to see for myself... and with 5k extra i should be able to fix whats wrong with the car to get it worth more... but... we'll see... i may end up keeping my bird after all.

torch red
    2000 coupe

what year Stingray? I'll guess, for $8800 its a 76 or 77? well how did I do?

White
    98 WS6 Ram Air Formula

Quote Originally Posted by chevyvette1 View Post
    what year Stingray? I'll guess, for $8800 its a 76 or 77? well how did I do?
    lol pretty well, i'm actually lookin at a nice 76 stingray thats going for 10k. Car is pushin 312 hp already with the mods the owner put in... god its such a pretty car.

torch red
    2000 coupe

one of my old boss's had a 76, I really like the looks of them, especially with side pipes, way cool, stock they were way down HP but if it's 300hp that should be fun to drive, good luck getting it, then I'll welcome you to the DARK SIDE, LOL. I'm on my 4th vette 86,95,99, and a now the 2000, I just love them,it's become a passion with me now, once you get one you wont want to go to anything else, later, Ozzie

White
    98 WS6 Ram Air Formula

Quote Originally Posted by chevyvette1 View Post
    one of my old boss's had a 76, I really like the looks of them, especially with side pipes, way cool, stock they were way down HP but if it's 300hp that should be fun to drive, good luck getting it, then I'll welcome you to the DARK SIDE, LOL. I'm on my 4th vette 86,95,99, and a now the 2000, I just love them,it's become a passion with me now, once you get one you wont want to go to anything else, later, Ozzie
    I've always loved the stingray design for the vettes... and then they ruined it with the 80-90 models... anyway here is a pic of what i'm looking forward to getting.

nice looking car. how heavy are they and what's the hp at flywheel stock?

White
    98 WS6 Ram Air Formula

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    The guy i talked to about the car said it was 312 HP. dont know if that rwhp or fwhp... either way, i'm praying my car sells so i can buy this one.

for the price it looks like a steal, just do a 1 year loan with auto capital or something, and then 2 months later after you sell ur car you can dump the money on the loan to pay it off, u may pay just 100-200 interest at 6.5% or something close...

torch red
    2000 coupe

stock from the factory, the base motor (get ready) was 180 HP and the L-82 option was rated at 210HP, which wasn't available in California, and I highly doubt that it is at the rear wheels, I'm sure it's at the flywheel, the curb weight was listed at 3541 lbs.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI=1-21-1-5013-0-0-0&l=1&w=21&p=1&f=5014&c=15&m=1143&d=914&y=1998&vi= 52653&mi=50000&o=75|25|93&z=47834&da=-1&nx=2

Now that is for my zipcode though, and I assumed you had leather, T-tops, and power seat. but it says like $12k for High retail. start asking for that and go from there.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

Thread Information