Blue
    2000 WS6 Ram Air Trans Am

CETA mod on a NBM WS6?

Has anyone with a NBM done the CETA Valence mod? How does the satin black look against the blue? any pics? Is it worth the effort? What do you guys think of a gunmetal grey valance section? My intake is painted that color and I'm running C5 Z06 wheels of that color. Getting ready to post some pics of the Engine bay in the engine bling thread I started a while ago.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS-6 M6

Search the threads, there are many pics of NBM T/A's with gloss, gunmeatal/charcoal CETA mods on here, im just to lazy to post up the thread. I'll be be putting a new stock 10 bolt on next week then im going to do a gloss black CETA(IMO this looks better than charcoal but im runnin Chrome AR Rebels with corsa tips) and while im doin that im just going to go ahead and VHT my tails also. I'll post pics in about two weeks, but just go to search button and type the title of your thread and you'll get ur pics.

Blue
    2000 WS6 Ram Air Trans Am

I searched for hours and looked at every color but NBM. I'm thinking Charcol the same color as my lid and Intake.
    Thoughts?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS-6 M6

http://http://www.ls1tech.com/forums...-trans-am.htmlDAMN!!! BEAUTIFUL engine bay you did a GREAT job props, but come on, all that and ur misssing an easy 4 bolt on $55 head plate cover(and maybe sometning on the ac condesor $15) that would complete that beautiful bay. That actually looks more silver to me and on a NBM car the color of CETAs are more gunmetal/charcoal(a lot darker than ur intake imo) but after looking at your bay ya you might want to go with a light charcoal ceta, but definitely not silver, never silver ceta defeats the whole purpose of a the CETA mod on our cars. im going with a gloss black bc i got tinted windows, vht'ing tails, blacked out custom 3rd brake light, true corsa tips so it'll just flow better with my back end of my car, and the gloss black against beautiful SS corsa tips will just look gangsta clean and classy imo but thats jus me. dont know why its so hard to find the threads on nbm ceta's on here but if you can get on tech heres a thread

red
    2002 t/a ws6,1972chevelle

ok what is a nbm and a ceta mod. this may be a dumb question but i truley have no clue. just asking

yellow/black
    2002 Trans Am CETA

Quote Originally Posted by carnut7202 View Post
    ok what is a nbm and a ceta mod. this may be a dumb question but i truley have no clue. just asking
    Not sure at this time wha the N stands for but NBM is a metallic blue paint that was available on the TA. The CETA mod is when people paint their rear bumper valance black to mimic the Collector Edition Trans Am hence the term CETA mod.

yellow/black
    2002 Trans Am CETA

Quote Originally Posted by beach cruiser View Post
    Has anyone with a NBM done the CETA Valence mod? How does the satin black look against the blue? any pics? Is it worth the effort? What do you guys think of a gunmetal grey valance section? My intake is painted that color and I'm running C5 Z06 wheels of that color. Getting ready to post some pics of the Engine bay in the engine bling thread I started a while ago.
    I also think that if you go silver it would be TOO light. A budy of mine has a dark red LT1 with a charcoal CETA mod and it looks great. I think charcoal/gunmetal would go great with your car.

Great looking engine bay by the way.
    02 CETA #654 7800 miles
    09 G8 GT liquid red, sport/premium/sunroof red/black int
    07 Tahoe LS

...you'll know it's me when I come through your town
    I'm gonna ride around in style, I'm gonna drive everybody wild
    'cause I'll have the only one there is around

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by lopedawg View Post
    Not sure at this time wha the N stands for but NBM is a metallic blue paint that was available on the TA. The CETA mod is when people paint their rear bumper valance black to mimic the Collector Edition Trans Am hence the term CETA mod.

Click for full size
    The N from NBM is for Navy Blue Metallic

red
    2002 t/a ws6,1972chevelle

well dang i learn somthing new all the time lol And i thought i was a car nutl lol thanks for the info guys

Thread Information