Thread: Cats!

White
    2002 WS6

Cats!

Took my car to the dealer Monday to have it diagnosed and confirmed that i have a bad cat. Sure enough it was the passenger side...

They ordered it and replaced it and i picked it up today, and now i have an exhaust leak on the other side (there is a broken bolt on the flange next to the manifold).

Anyway, dealer says they didn't touch it and i say "well it wasn't like that"...this is gonna be a fun ride...

dealerships

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

Did you get the letter from GM about the cat warrenty? If anyone could scan it or send it to me it would be appreciated.

I have never had a super positive experience with a dealership. I would ask to talk to the boss... Forget all the middle men. Tell him your car was not like that when you brought it in here for service. Unless he can do something to make you happy I would make it very clear that you will never step foot inside his dealership. and the next car you was thinking about getting will not be purchased from his dealership.

White
    2002 WS6

no i didn't get a letter. i heard about it on this forum and just went into the dealership.

I talked to the service manager yesterday so we will see if he gets back to me today...

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

So far, I have had a really good experience with the pontiac dealer in my area. I got my car from CarMax, will never buy a warranty from them again. Anyways, I somehow bent a pushrod, and no I wasn't racing or beating the engine. It just happened when I pulled up to stop at a light. All of the sudden it started shaking real bad.

Well, CarMax couldn't work on it cause they would of had to pull the engine apart. They sent it to pontiac to do the work. The pontiac dealer told me the CarMax warranty people were trying to get them to say I race the car. They said, "Hell no he doesn't". They also insisted they cover replacing my springs and some sensors that were about to go bad.

All in all. I was stressed for 2.5 weeks because CarMax wouldn't let me know if they were covering it. Found out the day it was complete that they would. Total repair costs were $2,500. I only had to pay $50 deductible. So, THANK YOU PONTIAC DEALERSHIP.

Thread Information