Thread: Car Clubs

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Car Clubs

How many of you are in either in a Car Club or have made up a Car Car club?
    Some friends of mine from work and around the area have made one up over the last few months. We only have a few regular members, but I was wondering how many people auctually claim to be in one or have made one up. Do you auctually participate in it, like go the the track togeather or do car shows? What are the specifics to get in? Have you worked it out with a local speed shop to get a discount if you mostly use that store? Advertising with shirts and stickers. Myspace and Fquick pages? Just some questions that I thought I would ask. Thanks for any input.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I'm in one that is fairly well organized...$10 a month dues. That buys me a t-shirt, hotel rooms when we go to cruises, car show entry fees, etc. We're going to the track tonight and a car show on Sunday. We're all pretty knowledgeable when it comes to cars and one of the members is a partner at his shop, so we have access to lifts, air tools, etc. The biggest problem is that I'm one of two muscle cars...most of the club is Neons and Hyundai's, but they're not retarded ricers, they're actual tuners, but they still don't have anything on me.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Well ours isnt organized that well yet. Saturday is going to be our first "unorganized"- organized event. But it looks like I'll be the only one racing. The SS Camaro and the GTO are in the shop and dont know if the GTP is gonna show or not. Everyone else hasnt been to the track yet and need to get familiar with it first. We plan on doing some car shows in the future. We dont have an monthly fee, the other guy, Rhinoman, and myself havent set anything in stone yet and we are still looking into the sticker and tshirt things. Its more of a "if we like you and your car" we will let you in. Not really political you just cannot be a dumbass and get in, we figured that could help keep the lowlifes and trouble makers away. We do have a Myspace page and I'm gonna do a Fquick page Sunday.

1 Chevelle
    1 01 Camaro SS
    1 01 Trans Am
    1 99 GTP
    1 03 Bonneville SSEI
    1 02 Grand Prix
    1 Dodge Ram Diesel
    1 06 GTO
    Those are the ones I can think of as of right now.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

I was in one then it dissolved, but like ls1camino it was mostly tuners. I was one of the few v8s in the club.

Black
    '02 WS6

A guy @ work is in one and keeps trying to get me to join, but its all tuners, and trucks with just systems in them. He keeps sayin they want muscle cars too, but I think for now I'll wait.

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

I've actually been a member of several different groups and a cofounder of another. It can be a great experience and it can be a PITA at times aswell.
    The one thing you have to remember is that Car clubs are Not about the cars they are about the people.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah, Mine is more about hanging out after work and destressing, and going out on the weekends more than anything.
    www.fquick.com/xzaero0

SLP lid K&N Slp underdrive pulley Mizierre EWP 180 stat American Racing Coated longtubes 3" dual exhaust x pipe LM2s 2.5 over axle UMI SFCs LCA and relocation brackets UMI torque arm and relocation bracket Moser 9" 3.70 gears Tuned, LS6 intake Ported TB

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I am in one in the Tampa/Clearwater area. We are doing a BBQ this weekend, and every Sunday night we meet up and have some "fun" across the local bridges. I would say its 80% F-Bodies the rest GTO's and Mustangs.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I am still in the process of putting together one down here. We are also raising money to get our own forum as well. At first we wanted only muscle cars but we ended up opening it up to almost anyone that has built or has a nice car so no ricers or anything like that. Its called MBME stands for Myrtle Beach Motor Enthusiats
    we have have a few f-bodies, mustangs, mach1, some foxes too, a miata mazdaspeed, 07 nissan spectra SE-R, an evo, 2 STI, a civic hatch (non ricer), and a few other odds and ends here and there

I rather be wakeboarding SexyWS6Mama's Avatar

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 WS6

I'm vice president of my car club. We advertise by doing flyer runs around our town, main website and myspace sites.

We meet every thursday to plan

Bright Red
    '02 Firebird TA WS6

I've been in several but now only participate in one... I've learned a great deal about clubs. To start one off from scratch is hard work and it will try your patience greatly. Most newly formed clubs last at best 1-3 years. The internal fighting is what destroys the club.

One other thing I've discovered is a commonality must exsist. It's sad but true and while we all have friends that own different makes and get along fine with them on a personal level. But on the larger scale Mopar guys like Mopars, Ford guys Like Fords, etc,. As soon as you try to mix them into one unified organization things fall apart. It's inevitable that at some point one type of make will come to be more representative in the group and that soon alienaties the other members...

I've found a well long established club is the best way to go. As long as your goal is to be a part of the club and not try and take over the darn thing you will find it a very rewarding experience. If you demonstrate the ability to understand others wishes and work for compromises that make everyone at least a little happy, then you will be looked upon more and more for valued input... A car club is a little like a gang you have to earn your rank...
    Wide Track Warriors, President Emeritus
    http://www.orlandowtw.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/OrlandoWTW/?fref=ts
    Central Florida Firebirds, Current President, Orlando NFTAC Chap.
    https://www.facebook.com/Central-Flo...5473021944391/
    Personal Page:
    https://www.facebook.com/JC.WS6

white w/NBM stripes
    1997 WS6 LT4 Trans Am

i have my own club/forum, its www.WS6Racing.com, its for trans ams only, preferably ws6's
    "Amber" - 97 WS6 LT4 converted Trans Am, SLP headers, 3200 stall, 1.6 RR's, line lock, cut out, exhaust, pioneer system, too much to list!
    www.WS6Racing.com

White
    1999 Trans Am 30th conv

Quote Originally Posted by Stricken1 View Post
    I am in one in the Tampa/Clearwater area. We are doing a BBQ this weekend, and every Sunday night we meet up and have some "fun" across the local bridges. I would say its 80% F-Bodies the rest GTO's and Mustangs.
    Damn, i'm looking for one further Southeast, like Broward County that does anything on a regular basis.

Thread Information