Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Bra

Black
    1997 Trans Am

Car Bra

Hey anyone know a good website that sell Car Bras for a T/A. My T/A has some minor scrapes to the front bumper and don't have enough to get it fixed just yet but the damage kinda takes away from the beauty of the car and need a quick fix while I'm saving for the repair. Oh also i didn't do the damge I bought it that way.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Don't buy a damn Bra there GAY!!! I would rather look at a Primer front end. Plus in the end the Bra is going to do more damage to the paint then you already have. Don't do it IMO.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

A bra will reck the rest of the paint that it touches

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Don't buy a damn Bra there GAY!!! I would rather look at a Primer front end. Plus in the end the Bra is going to do more damage to the paint then you already have. Don't do it IMO.
    Gay or not some times some of us have to use them or not drive our cars. Down here in the south, twice a year we have love bug season and those bastards are like a firing squad for the front end of your car, I put one on then and only then to protect my cars front end and if I take a long road trip it goes on just for the trip, more of a protection thing. Plus a coat of wax prior to putting it on helps out too.
    YMMV
    This was one of those times:

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Fuck the bra save your money, buy a clear bra, get the rock chips fixed when you do so, I hate seeing ppl put a damn bra on a ta when a clear bra is truly the best solution in the long run !!! Trust me....

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Bug season or not, The Bra is not worth it. I would pay to my car detailed once a month then to look at an ugly piece of fabric on my front end.

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

My car is a weekend driver w/56k miles, to fix all the rock chips the front end would have to be painted, this is only on my car about 4-6 days a year max, ya guys talk like the car stays parked in the street with this on it. My car stays garaged, it was free, I know how to use it, it does what I want, don't really care if you like it or not, I did not put it on for looks or to please anyone, its a tool to protect the front of my car, period. Would I go buy one, likely not, do I like it on my car, not really, its ok when its clean. Anyone wants to send me $3-800.oo to fix my chips and put on a clear bra, I will send my mailing address to make you guys happy.
    The pics below show a typical weekend day out during luv bug season for a 60 mile round trip to the coast and back on ONE day, if you let these bake on in the sun, they eat down to the metal like toxic acid. Anyone wants to wash this off 2 days in a row on a weekend in the hot and humid 100 degree heat?

Last edited by 99'CajunFirehawk157; 04-03-2008 at 02:41 PM.

white
    98 Ram air T/A Ls1/T-56

to answer your question bro here is a link, these are made for an exact fit and are supposed to be the absolute best.
    http://www.colgancustom.com/

Bright silver metallic
    2002 Trans am Firehawk

I am so amazed at the people who know nothing about a car bra and never owned one but still voice their opinion like they know what they are talking about. For all of you who have a opinion but have never used one on a transam stop wasting time and use your .02 on a thread that involves something like....should I paint my calipers red.
    And for the fucking of the bra, save your money, buy the clear bra...what great advice
    As far as Gay Sleeper101 you are joking right? I mean are you older than 20, or you just give dumb answers because you have never owned one either and the only answer you can think of is Gay in it's self.
    Where in his post did it ask for your stupid ass remarks?
    Mine came from here, it's a sponsor

http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/colcuspontra.html

Car on left was my 02 transam without a car bra. Nothing but chips

Do a search on here and ls1tech and even firehawk.org and read up on people who use the car Bra's. Alot of info about how to take care of them and you will read my .02 on the scratching and how to avoid it.
    Click for full size
    My Cardomain site
    My Fquick Page
    2002 Trans am Firehawk #1426 SLP options with Bilstein pkg,Manual 6

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

As far as Gay Sleeper101 you are joking right? I mean are you older than 20, or you just give dumb answers because you have never owned one either and the only answer you can think of is Gay in it's self.
    Where in his post did it ask for your stupid ass remarks?
    Mine came from here, it's a sponsor
    Well Bud I happen to know a little about them since my mom has one on her camaro, and now looks like Shit!! Oh but I guess thats my o2 also right? Guess I was stating a false fact my bad.

Keep you personal O2 to yourself or PM me. Your just wasting your breathe.

NBM
    2000 WS6

Yea....Afterthoughts is the only place I had luck finding one.
    Fit is great and as you put on them clean there is nothing to worry about.....
    2000 NBM WS6

/oo_________oo\
    |==_/_ws6_\_==|

><(((º>´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Quote Originally Posted by sleepinghawk View Post
    I am so amazed at the people who know nothing about a car bra and never owned one but still voice their opinion like they know what they are talking about.

And for the fucking of the bra, save your money, buy the clear bra...what great advice
    I do know what im talking about because I have used both. Back in the day a bra was a good idea, but now they have this invention where you can use a bra and protect your car without having that ugly ass black thing on the front of your car. Im not saying dont get a reg bra but I stongly believe in a clear bra !!!!

My car with clear bra, rock chips fixed and bra installed for $260....
    Head lamp

Hood

The whole thing

Blue
    04 Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by ToolMan8 View Post
    Hey anyone know a good website that sell Car Bras for a T/A. My T/A has some minor scrapes to the front bumper and don't have enough to get it fixed just yet but the damage kinda takes away from the beauty of the car and need a quick fix while I'm saving for the repair. Oh also i didn't do the damge I bought it that way.
    if you really want one,i have one i used once acouple years ago,i bought it only for a road trip to atlanta.havent used it since.it was for my 01 camaro,not sure if it will fit yours.if it will and you want it,let me know.

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    Yea....Afterthoughts is the only place I had luck finding one.
    Fit is great and as you put on them clean there is nothing to worry about.....
    I screwed up, Its not "Afterthoughts".........Its "AutoAnything". Google it up and look for Colgan Bras. They're getting hard to find for the WS6's..........BTW they are $140 shipped to your door.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Yea man thats what my car looks like now from those damn bugs! My paint is permanently scarred with pits from their juices!

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post
    I do know what im talking about because I have used both. Back in the day a bra was a good idea, but now they have this invention where you can use a bra and protect your car without having that ugly ass black thing on the front of your car. Im not saying dont get a reg bra but I stongly believe in a clear bra !!!!

My car with clear bra, rock chips fixed and bra installed for $260....
    Head lamp
    Click for full size

Hood
    Click for full size

The whole thing
    Click for full size
    I can take my ugly ass black bra off when I'm done with it one time a year....... You're kind'a stuck with those invisibles seams forever......

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    I can take my ugly ass black bra off when I'm done with it one time a year....... You're kind'a stuck with those invisibles seams forever......
    99.9% of the time no one can see them unless I tell them. That pic is under direct sunlight and 2in away from the surface at an angle to show what it looked like. It has been one of the best things I have ever done to keep my car in perfect condition. To every one there own but I love it and cant understand the old bra anymore, use to belive in them but they will eventually be harder and harder to find because the demand is going down, in ten years they will be imposible to find. Car dealerships offer clear bras because that is the better/smarter choice at this point in time. I doubt that car dealership will sell you a old bra over a clear bra anymore because its an old and out dated method to pertect ones car.

Impounded

maple red metallic
    2000 firebird formula

Quote Originally Posted by RARON455 View Post
    to answer your question bro here is a link, these are made for an exact fit and are supposed to be the absolute best.
    http://www.colgancustom.com/
    i live near houston and yes the love bugs reign twice a year...but if you wash the bugged area with a dryer sheet and soapy water it takes em off usually...or at least it works for me...

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post
    99.9% of the time no one can see them unless I tell them. That pic is under direct sunlight and 2in away from the surface at an angle to show what it looked like. It has been one of the best things I have ever done to keep my car in perfect condition. To every one there own but I love it and cant understand the old bra anymore, use to belive in them but they will eventually be harder and harder to find because the demand is going down, in ten years they will be imposible to find. Car dealerships offer clear bras because that is the better/smarter choice at this point in time. I doubt that car dealership will sell you a old bra over a clear bra anymore because its an old and out dated method to pertect ones car.
    These cars ARE old and outdated so that would make them hard to find. No argument from me there.......

As far as nobody not seeing that seam..........Stevie Wonder would feel proud.......

P.S. Make that 99.8........

97 ZX-7R 02 GSX-R 1000
    1998 WS6 Trans Am (Black)

OK guys, I think the point here was to answer TOOLMAN8's question which seems to have been done. We all have our opinions but it's his car and thats what he wants. Don't make the guy feel bad for asking a question. By the way TOOLMAN8, I've ordered from AUTOANYTHING.com and it's a great site. Everything I've gotten from them was priced right and of good quality. Good luck in your search.

Thread Information