Pewter Metallic
    1999 Trans Am A4

Question C5 Calipers swap on 99 T/A

I got a 99 trans am and ive noticed my passenger front caliper pulls a little when im doing high speed braking hitting the pedal kinda hard. My last brake job I noticed a lot of build-up in that inside part of the piston and my dust boot wasnt sitting securely. Im kind of worried that I might be getting some debris to interfere with my piston's movement.

I figured my solution was just to upgrade my calipers to the C5's fronts. I hear they are the exact same caliper as the 98-up Camaro/Firebirds and im getting a good deal on a used set. The only difference I hear is that the C5 rotor is 12.75 in diameter and my T/A is 12.00 and both widths for the rotors are 1.25. But i hear since the C5's rotor is about an inch larger in diameter the factory mount is different but the calipers are interchangeable since the dimensions of each are the exact same, just the material and way the caliper is made are different.

But my Question is if anyone knows ahere I can get an affordable set of stainless pistons to replace the factory aluminum pistons. I do heavy driving where my brakes heat constantly. My other question is if anyone also knows where I can pick up some stainless braided lines? I drive the wheels off my car and have about 160,000 on it now and Im thinking its a good idea to replace my current brake setup.
    LAst question is if anyone knows if the C5 rear calipers are interchangable so i can go ahead and get stainless pistons for those and paint the whole set I'm getting while theyre off the car?

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

I'm sorry you haven't got a reply sooner. www.stranoparts.com can get you a lot of the parts and he can help you with your brake questions. i have some of my own, same is an awesome guy and 4 time SCCA champ with F-bodies good luck on your quest!

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Trans Am A4

Thanks, Ive been looking everywhere for a lot of these parts and his prices are pretty reasonable. I like how his business is family owned and he seems like a pretty sweet driver. Thanks again for the link

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Sam is full of some amazing knowledge and always willing to share a great quality you don't find too often. He could have sold me lots of things I didn't need but he didn't.

Thread Information