Trans Am owner
    former

buying a stored vehicle.

well, I got 2 questions.

1. my brake pedal isnt up to the spec I think it should be. I have to push it about 3/4 in just to hold in on a minor incline, and the braking performance is really lack luster. there is still a good amount of meat left on the pads, but I am thinkin that the brakes need to be bled.

2. so, the guy before me had the car sitting in his garage for 7 years. and drove it a few hundred miles per year.....if that. I gave it an oil change, and I am wondrin if I should get on it a lot, and let it turn some good rpms. like cruise with the overdrive off, and such.

will there be a build up of goo, or junk in the motor from being babied for so long? I heard somewhere thats what can happen, and it needs to be burned off. the cars bone stock, with 2.73's and chirps the 275 tires goin into 2nd gear, so it pulls pretty good, and doesnt feel down on power.

Red
    '01 Silverado

brake pedal bleed it and see what is does and or you brake pads could be worn.Can you hear it squeak? and for it sitting if he drove it around ever month or so it shouldn't be hurt any cuz the oil got moved around. Just change the oil and change the rear end oil if it hasn't been done.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by nitrorustler41 View Post
    well, I got 2 questions.

1. my brake pedal isnt up to the spec I think it should be. I have to push it about 3/4 in just to hold in on a minor incline, and the braking performance is really lack luster. there is still a good amount of meat left on the pads, but I am thinkin that the brakes need to be bled.

2. so, the guy before me had the car sitting in his garage for 7 years. and drove it a few hundred miles per year.....if that. I gave it an oil change, and I am wondrin if I should get on it a lot, and let it turn some good rpms. like cruise with the overdrive off, and such.

will there be a build up of goo, or junk in the motor from being babied for so long? I heard somewhere thats what can happen, and it needs to be burned off. the cars bone stock, with 2.73's and chirps the 275 tires goin into 2nd gear, so it pulls pretty good, and doesnt feel down on power.
    Motor should be fine as long as it's been driven from time to time. On a side note, it is interesting that they (GM) would equip the "Performance Package" with 2.73's...

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Flush the brake system. new fluid will do wonders.

Black
    2001 Trans Am

Quit whinning, enjoy your car.

Trans Am owner
    former

hey, brakes arent somthin you wanna mess with.

when you have to give it more than half pedal just to start feeling somthin.......that aint good

Thread Information