Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bullshit Man!!!

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

Angry Bullshit Man!!!

So I wrecked my T/A back in November and had it taken to a shop recommended to me by a buddy within 24hrs (front end damage...thread on here somewhere under already wrecked). The guy told me that it would take about 30 days to fix, but since it was winter and I had no immediate need for the car i simply said "take your time". The shop said they would eventually begin work on it. So I went back to the shop 2 weeks later to ask when they would start and he said in a couple days and then I came back a week later and I was told that he needed the hood (which I said I would order) for proper fitting...ok fine. The hood was ordered and about mid december, I find out that the hood had been delivered, but the guy didn't even check the hood or notify me when it arrived (turns out that instead of having the mesh installed in the nose and having all breathers cut out...there were 2 rectangles cut in the nose and some bs plastic that came with the hood to install) so now he has to properly cut the hood!!!

I paid for the repair in full ($3000) on before New Years Day (I was also told they needed the money to make the repairs) and I was told that he would start the work after the New Years Holiday. I checked the first friday afterward and still no movement so I waited til mid February to check again....STILL no movement. I decided to talk to the guy and told him that I want the car back in March since the weather was expected to be much better for driving. I went back Mar 2....no movement....I went back Mar 15....NO MOVEMENT!!! So I called the guy on the 16th and told him WTF...If my car aint been started by the next day....I am takin my shit elsewhere. The next day I see it inside the shop, but they didn't start the frame straightning til Mar 26 (frame looks like nothing moved). I dropped by on the 30th to take a look at a car that should have significant progress.....nothing!!! I called him up on Apr 3rd (yes April!!) and told him to give me my car and my $3000 today....I'm moving my shit!!! I told him that I have never seen a shop that has a car and been paid in full 3+ months to repair a car and how I knew for a fact that others I knew have had their cars back in like 2-3 weeks....tops!! He claims he ordered the parts already and that my car would be mostly done by the end of this week Apr 11. I say bullshit and he begs for a few more days. What do you guys think?

Sorry for the long post, but this shit is frustrating and at this point I just want my car back even if it means taking it to another shop that will charge me more.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Sounds like bodyshop purgatory to me...

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Go get your stuff and go elsewhere. If were mine I would have told him I'd had enough smoke up my arss! Pack it up you're done! I hate that stuff man, sorry to here it bud.. Good luck with it..

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

Yes I would go elsewhere.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

i would have taken the car out of that place the first week that went by that he didnt do anything

NBM
    99 TA

tell him you want a percentage of your money back for every week from now on that it is not done..

RED
    2002 FORMULA

I learned the hard way. Never pay a contractor, mechanic or hooker up front. Pay after the job is done. He has your 3000.00, what does he gain for finishing the work. You paid him his profit. Also, would a reputable garage need money up front for parts.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    i would have taken the car out of that place the first week that went by that he didnt do anything

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

I would definately get the money and leave. At this point it's a matter of principal. If he doesn't give you a refund get your car and take him to small claims court.

None

Quote Originally Posted by rideon1200 View Post
    I learned the hard way. Never pay a contractor, mechanic or hooker up front. Pay after the job is done. He has your 3000.00, what does he gain for finishing the work. You paid him his profit. Also, would a reputable garage need money up front for parts.

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

That sucks dude, how things work out. I would have never paid in full.

Awaiting Activation

black
    2002 Trans Am

Dunno about the hooker part, but I learned years ago not to pay more than 10 or 20 percent up front. And that's just earnest money to secure you in their schedule.

Good luck, you will need it.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I do paint and body work and have a small shop. One bay I use all the time and use a empty bay next door to paint if I need to get 2 out at once. I have some of the best prices around for the My cars look as good as any big shop and better than most dealer shops, but my prices aren't much higher than Maaco. It's just me(paint and body) and a body man and another guy who paints when I get busy. I never ask for more than half down when the car is dropped off. I would never even thing of asking someone for all the money up front then you sound crooked. Never would I take that long on a car. it only takes me a week or less for full paint jobs and around 2 weeks for body kit installs w/ full paint. So there something shady about this place.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Red
    2000 Trans AM

Angry

Sorry to here this crap! Trust me the exact crap just happened to me! It took the body shop a little over 3 months to complete my work on my TA! Only thing different is that they took my car apart in the first week and then it practically sat there with its tail pipe up its ass! I will never ever go back there again bro!
    Last edited by neksnap; 04-05-2009 at 10:23 PM.

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

I can't believe you payed a shop up front for work.

If anyone ever asked me to do that, I'd say, "gimme the keys, I'm taking her to a reputable business. See ya."

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 2000LS1Bird View Post
    I can't believe you payed a shop up front for work.

If anyone ever asked me to do that, I'd say, "gimme the keys, I'm taking her to a reputable business. See ya."
    I don't care how well recommended they were either. Never pay up front!

Now ya know

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

kick your buddy in teh balls

White

Quote Originally Posted by BrntWS6 View Post
    I would definately get the money and leave. At this point it's a matter of principal. If he doesn't give you a refund get your car and take him to small claims court.
    That is my next move.....this is the last time i take anything to this shop again!!!

RED
    2002 FORMULA

The only thing worse would be if this "good guy" didnt bother giving you a reciept because he was going to save you money and do it under the table. I had the same thing happen with a hooker....lol I mean a mechanic, I paid in full, it was the cousin of a friend and I knew he wouldnt screw me. The engine was there and he started the swap. Stole my transmission and put a slipping one in. Put mine in his sons car. Took 3 months to get it in, then it was crap. I took to small claims court, didnt have reciept, lost case.

White

You are very right....I have never seen it, but given his guy aint big name I fig it might be a lil diff. He told me 4/3/09 that he had already ordered the parts...yeah....I will see about that because if he did, I should see parts my next trip to the shop.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information