Thread: Build Sheet

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Build Sheet

As I'm sitting here waiting on parts again, I am left thinking of what I want to do for my T/A. I've heard guys talk at car shows of a build sheet. I understand it's kinda like a diary of what you have done to the car. Am I right?

Anyways, what are the things you put into a build sheet? How would you organized it?

Any pointers would help.

Want to do something like this while I still remember what I have and still have receipts.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

The build sheet is what the factory used to tell the guys on the assembly line what items to put on the car.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I have seen a few placards at carshows that would essentially be an owner's version of a build sheet. I talked to ts|s a while back about doing a set for our cars once all the mods are done. JerseyLS1 did one a while back that you can see in this thread: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118359 Other than that, our "factory build sheets" are the RPO stickers on the end of the driver side door.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I have seen a few placards at carshows that would essentially be an owner's version of a build sheet. I talked to ts|s a while back about doing a set for our cars once all the mods are done. JerseyLS1 did one a while back that you can see in this thread: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118359 Other than that, our "factory build sheets" are the RPO stickers on the end of the driver side door.
    ^This. I've seen some who have a photo album with pictures of the car as they've worked on it. In the album they have a sheet printed of all the mods - ie. cam brand and specs, head brand and specs, intake brand and specs, ect., credit to those who did the work, and so on.

Side note - I found the original build sheet for my 72 Plymouth Roadrunner under the rear seat. Was a pretty cool find and actually had a lot of info.

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am M6

I have my build/ship manifest which was found in the front bumper. Car got hit on the front left side and during the repair the previous owner was given the sheet found by the body shop. He tucked it away with the manual and it's still there.

In French too.

Honestly, if you find it, save it as page one and then create supplemental 'build sheets' for each mod like the others have done above. I plan to do this with mine once funds start appearing for said mods.
    Last edited by Zabo; 07-13-2010 at 03:27 PM. Reason: added stuff

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Side note - I found the original build sheet for my 72 Plymouth Roadrunner under the rear seat. Was a pretty cool find and actually had a lot of info.

Very cool. I have yet to find the build sheet on any of our older cars. My fingers are crossed for when I rip into the '67 Cutlass though.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Very cool. I have yet to find the build sheet on any of our older cars. My fingers are crossed for when I rip into the '67 Cutlass though.
    I was amazed to find it actually. It really is a neat document to find - almost like a time capsule. Mine had the sales info from the dealership too - I think the original owner must have added it at some point. It originally came from Mt. Airy, NC. It only cost a little over $2k too - no inflation . I don't know if GM hid them in the same spots as Mopar - but usually they kept them in the seat springs, trunk liners, sometimes even on top of gas tanks I've heard. I hope you do find one, kinda adds to the nostolgia.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

10 1st gen Camaro's I've had (2 69's, 2 68's and 6 67's from 74 to 86) and narry a build sheet was to be found in any of 'em...

Black, Red, Silver Jade
    00 WS6,95 Ta, 69 R code

My wife threw mine away....
    2007 Yukon XL (sold)
    2014 Z71 LTZ 3LZ (sold)
    2010 Escalade Platinum AWD , 6.2
    2017 Silverado HC , 4x4, 6.2

2000 WS6 ASC#2300 Holly LS6 intake, TR Custom grind cam, Mac Mids w/ ORY,Hotchkis LCA's, PHB, BMR Extreme STB, BMR re-location brackets,Eibach Sportlines, GMMG, Mccleod Pro 5.0, SLP SFC's, OEM ZO6 wheels
    1995 TA
    1969 R code Mach I my new project

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I like what JerseyLS1 did with hers. I think that is the direction I'll go with.

Thx Guys

Thread Information