Bright Purple Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

BPM TA rare color combo

Hello everyone, I recently acquired a 98 BPM Trans Am convertible and it came with optioned arctic white top and white leather interior. This is the second purple bird I've owned but the other had a black top and grey leather. Has anyone ever seen a color combination like this? Its factory optioned with the RPO code 10T and 103 and exterior color is 88U so the combination is legit OEM. Just wondering if I stumbled upon an even rarer car than the BPM itself. Thanks for any input

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

The breakout sheet that I have from JohnnyBs98WS6Rag who got his info from the Compnine.com database when it was open shows 42 BPM TA Convertibles for 1998 (non-WS6 of which there was only 1), 253 TA Convertibles with the white top, and 156 TA Convertibles with the white interior (RPO 103) unless you also have the luxury reclining seats (RPO AQ9) which brings the number down to 120. No way to tell exactly how many were optioned just like yours from what I have but it sounds like you have an amazing combination. I passed on one years ago that was just beat into the ground but would love to find another. Long time ago I ran my VIN through the Compnine.com database and it came up with 1 of 3 with my exact option combination. You can still run them through Compnine but they now charge to see the full results. If you just got to know that or the Pontiac Historical Services might be your best bet.
    ATI Procharger, SFCs, Y-pipe, LM2, BBK Shorty Headers, Corvette N73 Magnesium Wheels, 4th Circle Designs Stripe and Overlay kit

Bright Purple Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Thanks for the info. The car is also optioned with Lux seats. I may have to check into Compnine.com just to see what the numbers are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bright Purple Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

This car also has option luxury reclining seats. I think I’ll check into that Compnine.com you mentioned just to see. Thanks for the info!!

Bright Purple Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Ran it through on Compnine and as it is optioned, it’s 1 of 1. That was with every option I had on the RPO sticker. I decided to mess with it to zero in on what made it 1 of 1 and found out that with the BPM, arctic white top/leather with the luxury reclining seats it was 1 of 5 but with the cd changer z rated tires,A4 w/2.73s trimmed it to 1 of 1. I know these have a cult following, you either love em or can’t stand the color but they aren’t “ collectors editions” per say so not sure if value will be affected unless the right person comes along. Kinda second guessing modifying it now.

Bright Purple Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

So I went ahead and ran the CompNine.com decoder and found out that with my options, its a 1 of 1. It was 1 of 5 based on solely it being a BPM TA vert with white top and leather options but once I put in luxury adjustable seats and 12 cd changer it went to 1 matching vehicle. Thanks again for the info. It may not be a 35th Anniversary or 2002 CETA but I know I wont see another one on the road like it.

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

How much did it cost you to run that? My Trans Am is 1 of 11 Chameleon drop tops in 01. It is has black on black with all the bells n whistles. I wonder if it would work out to 1 of 1.

Got any pics of the new purple ride?
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Bright Purple Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

10 bucks If I remember right. Its a nice tool because you can put all of your options in there to give you your number but you can also back them out to see what options actually made your car what it is. I plan on snapping some good pics when I go back home.

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by jluc View Post
    So I went ahead and ran the CompNine.com decoder and found out that with my options, its a 1 of 1. It was 1 of 5 based on solely it being a BPM TA vert with white top and leather options but once I put in luxury adjustable seats and 12 cd changer it went to 1 matching vehicle. Thanks again for the info. It may not be a 35th Anniversary or 2002 CETA but I know I wont see another one on the road like it.
    Sorry for resurrecting's this old post (don't get over here much anymore). The 1 of 5 combo you stated (BPM + white top + white interior) is the number most people care about (although, if you include the transmission selection, which is another important factor for "rarity", you probably have a 1 of 3). If you include ALL the RPOs, nearly EVERY car will come out to be a 1 of 1 because one of those RPOs indicate the week of manufacture. Regardless, a single-digit combo is VERY rare by any measure. PLEASE post some pictures!
    Last edited by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag; 01-04-2020 at 04:33 PM.

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

Bright Purple Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Pics and mods since........

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TA top down.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	155.4 KB 
ID:	27136Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brakes.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	27135Click image for larger version. 

Name:	meat hooks.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	27137
    Modifications since the purchase
    Forgestar F14 19x9.5 275-30-19
    Forgestar F14 19x11 305-30-19
    Wilwood 6 piston D/S rotors up front
    Wilwood 4 piston D/S rotors in back
    Alpine ILX-207 Double Din conversion w/ alpine 6.5s front and back
    Koni Sport adjustable shocks front/back

Bright Purple Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

H/C/I next going with a mild mannered Texas Speed 224r .600 112 LSA cam with ported heads and all the supporting bolt ons (oil pump, timing chain, rocker arms, lifters, the list goes on forever)......

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Ah, OK. I've seen your photos posted on that other LSx site. Very nice.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Very cool!! Great car. Hitting it up with proper enhancements too, gonna be awesome!
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Black
    Guys, I need your help with one of my issues. For my new car I want to install a VIN Decoder app for free that can help me license plate finder here https://vinpit.com/license-plate-lookup I want to take a look at the above website. What do you think?

Junior Member 02 WS6 M6 Blk Conv's Avatar

Black
    2002 WS6 Convertible

Hello! Not sure if you're going to get this being 3 years after your post, but I have to ask.... what do you think about your white top? I have an 02 black ws6 convertible ordered with black interior and a white top. I am always being asked about it, but it really does keep the car cooler than a black top would. Nice car!

Thread Information