Justin

Black
    2002 WS6

Body Kit Question

I have a West Wings body kit ready to install but a couple days ago, I thought " How and the hell would I jack my car up with the ground effects kit attached ?? -you know in case I needed to put the spare tire on in case of a flat?? The side panel that comes with the kit (beneath the door) doesnt seem strong enough to support the vehicle off of the ground.

JR.

Black Beast 1 badblack transam 01's Avatar

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Well if your using the jack that came with the car. There is a notch on both sides of the car in the front and the back. U place the flange in the jack plate here and it goes straight up.

There are directions on where to place it on the plastic piece that is covering the jack.

Justin

Black
    2002 WS6

Body Kit

Unfortunately I did not recieve any instrucitons with my body kit. I did not care at the time since the body kit installation is pretty self explanatory, and there is also a online pdf. file that shows how to install the kit. Where did you get your instructions and could you send me a copy of them? My email is
    ( dchemical01@yahoo.com )

chameleon
    98 T/A

go and get the flatest jack you can find (they are not cheap) with my car lowered and the stock body kit on it i had the same problem.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    The side panel that comes with the kit (beneath the door) doesnt seem strong enough to support the vehicle off of the ground.
    DO NOT JACK UP A CAR FROM ANY BODY PANEL!

Justin

Black
    2002 WS6

Bdoy Kit jack

WSS66666

If you dont jack it up from an body panel , how do you change the tire? If you dont do something you will be standing on the side of the road lookin like a fool! with a flat.

JR.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

if you jack up any car from a body panel, you will absolutely SHRED that body panel, because as you said-it's a flimsy piece of plastic and cannot hold the weight of the car.

Jacks should be placed UNDER THE CAR'S CHASSIS and the car should be lifted from there: http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...ift_points.htm

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Just get a couple of cans of fix-a-flat and you'll be set or join the AAA and throw out that jack before you break something!

Justin

Black
    2002 WS6

Body Kit Q

Thanks guys. The fix a flat sounds good for a temporary fix-good idea, and I also do have AAA. Thanks Again.

JR.

pewter
    2000 trans am ws6

sell the body kit and buy some performance goodies imo.

Justin

Black
    2002 WS6

Body Kit

WS64life

Please take no offense, but why not have the best of both worlds-The body kit and performance goodies??? First off, who cares about shaving tenths of a second off at the track. Second I still dont understand the few people out there who actually think that a black 2002 WS6 with the West Wings ground effects kit doesnt look absoultely awesome. Daniel Runns WS7 with that kit is one of the best looking 2002 Trans Am that I have ever seen, and a boat load of people from this site agree. Also his black 2002 WS7 with that exact same kit, I believe has won 1st place at "numerous" car shows- bottom line- it simply looks better, complete -the way it should have come from the factory.
    The only thing I missed when switching from my 1998 Z28 to the 2002 WS6 was the "Sports appearance package" that came with the Z28 ( low to the ground body kit package) I always swore to myself, that I would get a similar kit for my WS6, and frankly I think it looks alot better than the stock ground effects package offered on the V6 firebird and Z28.

JR.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I had the wings west kit on one of my T/A's and it did look really good. The air deflector drags on everything! I wanted to lower mine and you can't do that with the body kit and be able to drive the car with out breaking the air deflector. You could drive at 5mph over bumps and ok, but that's not how I drive!!!

Thread Information