gold
    1998 Trans Am Formula

Big surprise street race...

So I was crusing down the boulevard with my bro and this 2 gen eclipse sittin on its nuts revs up at me and takes off, so I follow him into a car wash and ask him if he wants to run em. He said yea, I'm gonna eat you up tho, I said OK...he thinks its a v-6. Anyways we race from 35, I give him a head start and he takes off and a floor it and pull only about 9-10 lenghts on him. We go from a dig and he hung with me till second gear and I pull about 5 lengths on him up till 90mph. Afterwards, he found out it was an LS1 and I asked his mods he had a header straighted piped exhaust and an intake and could drive really good, IT WAS NON-TURBO. WTF, he wouldn't pop his hood though, Is there something wrong with my LS1?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmcoupe98 View Post
    So I was crusing down the boulevard with my bro and this 2 gen eclipse sittin on its nuts revs up at me and takes off, so I follow him into a car wash and ask him if he wants to run em. He said yea, I'm gonna eat you up tho, I said OK...he thinks its a v-6. Anyways we race from 35, I give him a head start and he takes off and a floor it and pull only about 9-10 lenghts on him. We go from a dig and he hung with me till second gear and I pull about 5 lengths on him up till 90mph. Afterwards, he found out it was an LS1 and I asked his mods he had a header straighted piped exhaust and an intake and could drive really good, IT WAS NON-TURBO. WTF, he wouldn't pop his hood though, Is there something wrong with my LS1?
    my gfs got a nonturbo eclipse. im kinda pissed its not turboed

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmcoupe98 View Post
    nothing. of course hes coming off the line hard. he barely has 180 hp and its not like hes gonna spin. plus front wheel drive gets off the line and then....wheel hops. you probably spun off the holeshot. nothings wrong, youre just being paranoid like me. and if he wouldnt show you the motor maybe it was turbo'd and he felt embarassed from getting beat.

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

You woulda been able to hear the turbo he didn't need to pop the hood for you to figure that out.

98T/Aformula
    From this post to your other one I think there might be something wrong cuz I have a non turbo eclips as my dd and its so slow your T/A should have pulled on him harder then that...Maybe get a tune up and a tune...How many miles are on your car ?

black
    1998 pontiac trans am

there might be something wrong. i havent raced any eclipses but have raced several stangs, new and old and i lost them in my rear view everytime so far. once i hit third its all over.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I beat my friends turbo eclipse by about 4 lengths up to 90 and he isnt stock, if that helps any lol.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

two things, yes he's coming out hard because he cant spin the tires really, second it takes us all of first gear to build up momentum because our cars are heavy pigs, i raced a light civic NA and he was right at my side pretty much till i hit second, then i pulled a couple cars then when third came i put area codes on him

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

The turbo cars without an after market blow off are not very loud. Especially if they are behind you. I think it was a turbo car or some other motor swap.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Even if it was a stock turbo still should have pulled like 10+ car lengths. They only make 205 stock outta the motor lol.

green
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    The turbo cars without an after market blow off are not very loud. Especially if they are behind you. I think it was a turbo car or some other motor swap.
    good point besides our cars are more for top end (stock)

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

i second hot black. those factory "bypass valves" dont make any noise, especially over the shitty sqeakage of the shitty timing belts on the shitty motor in that shitty car......

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah but 5 lengths only, up till 90 from a dig thats not too good i have pulled on my friends turbo eclipse 4-5 lengths up to 90 and his car isnt stock, front mount about 18psi.

gold
    1998 Trans Am Formula

I nthink he coulda been using the bottle, but I dunno. I raced my friends LS1 Camaro 2000 automatic and we raced from 60 and he pulled about 2 lenghts up to about 120 but he has 2.73 gears and I have 3.23 if that matters. I have 119K on the car

gold
    1998 Trans Am Formula

Also, the bearings in my rear end are pretty much eaten up and getting them replaced 2mrw. Makes a loud raoring and scraping noise. They said it shouldn't hinder performance but, I am no rear-end genius...

Thread Information