Thread: Best Year

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Best Year

Im looking to buy a LS1 car this fall or winter for price. and wondering what year would be best. no more than around 50000 miles really looking for around 30000 miles. not to use as a DD but to keep in gerage and mod it and go cruzin and race. has to look good but dont really matter per year right its all the same. ls6 intake? im looking to have a real kick ass street legal car. i seen that the 01-02 have cleaner engine bays due to lack of air and egr systems. idk what that is. if i had it im sure i would but i dont so idk what that is. just wondering like i seen that the earlyer ones have 28lbs injectors no big deal to change them out just wondering if the dif years really make a dif if i find a 98 and a 02 for same price same milage what one is better? thats really what im asking. ive got time to take it all in seeming fall is a while away. so let me know.
    thanks guys

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

go 02 last of the breed...

Black
    2002 Trans Am

im lookin for around 30000 miles how much should i be looking at paying? 6speed ws6 or ss would be ausom but dont really matter plan on doin suspension and such. but it would be nie. so how much should i be looking at spending.

Black
    1999 Trans Am Ws6/M6

Depending on the year, 00'-02' with those miles you can probably be spending around $18k give or take....that is what the prices are in my area.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

ohh really im looking to spend around $10,000 and then havin some money left over to do a few mods. im going to basic next year and im getting a $20,000 bonus and getting half of it once done with AIT. looking to spend it so i have a mind blowing car in highschool that all the girls will be wanting rides in. i have a 96 v6 bird now and thats dd and i have a dodge avenger well really my brothers but anyway thats for winter and now i just want something to be more of a race car that it dont matter much about the MPGs and such. something to go kick some ass in and show off a bit. just because i can. 18g is a bit much however

maybe go with a 98 and just mod the shit outta u may be able to get with 30 000 for around 10 grand but i will be be hard to find

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

02 because its not as old. the only thing i can think of that makes any year better than 02 in any way is 98 has better quality steering wheel controls. other than that, the newer the better. preferably 01 or 02 since they have the better intake manifold.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am A4

Get any 98+ that's been well taken care of and you won't be disappointed. Most of the differences between the years doesn't result in any huge hp gains. I think getting an LS6 would be nice, but you could add that to any year. I wanted a 6-speed WS6, but ended up settling for a base model, automatic because I got such a deal on it and it was so well cared for. Now I can mod it with the hood, rims, exhaust, intake, etc that I want.
    1998 Trans Am, A4, SLP Loudmouth I, US Exotics WS9 ram air hood, Volant intake, 3.23's, 70k miles

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by littlevegas1 View Post
    just wondering like i seen that the earlyer ones have 28lbs injectors no big deal to change them out just wondering if the dif years really make a dif if i find a 98 and a 02 for same price same milage what one is better? thats really what im asking. ive got time to take it all in seeming fall is a while away. so let me know.
    thanks guys

The 02 has the 28lb injectors and the LS6 intake and a low mileage one going to cost you at least 15 or 16 thousand.

Pewter
    2001 GrandPrix GTP

We actually just sold a 2001 camaro Z28 stripper model with 56,000 miles on it for around $9,000 at the dealership I work at. Basically all that had to be done to it was I put in a new carrier in it.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

My favorite is an 01 WS6 with the older WS6 wheels (98-early 01). Gives you the older 98-00 look but will have the LS6 intake etc. Hard to find.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

what about camaros are they cheaper seem to be same car. i plan to mod the crap outa it so the drivetrain is more inportant that inside and such
    i have an auto truck that im going to be selling and i drove it got use to it board with it because i like shifting my own gears.6speed is a must. i dont even look at them with autos because i dont wanna find something that is a great deal and have to pass it up because of the trannny. so are camaros cheaper. z28=T/A SS=WS6 right?

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by littlevegas1 View Post
    what about camaros are they cheaper seem to be same car. i plan to mod the crap outa it so the drivetrain is more inportant that inside and such
    i have an auto truck that im going to be selling and i drove it got use to it board with it because i like shifting my own gears.6speed is a must. i dont even look at them with autos because i dont wanna find something that is a great deal and have to pass it up because of the trannny. so are camaros cheaper. z28=T/A SS=WS6 right?
    They are all basically the same car. Only a few hp difference in all of them. It's all about personal preference. I prefer Z28 < SS < T/A < WS6.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    My favorite is an 01 WS6 with the older WS6 wheels (98-early 01). Gives you the older 98-00 look but will have the LS6 intake etc. Hard to find.

Major mods in the future??? Just find a low mileage car. They all have the same LS1.
    Good luck on your search. Below 30K miles is becoming a rare find.
    My 1999 doesn't get driven very often and has 36K on the clock.

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

the t/as are more expensive, slightly. they were new too. i would assume the camaros don't have as many features like electronic adjustable pillows in seats. but i don't know since i never test drove on because i didn't want one. 1: i dont like the looks and 2: there are so many camaros around.

Black
    2002 WS6

The year with the most hp was the 01,02 cuz of the LS6 manifold, but $10,000 with 30,000 miles dnt think u will find one maybe a '98 if ur lucky but plan on spending around $18k for a low mile WS6, SS.

Black
    00 WS6

I paid 14k for a 00 WS6 A4 with 45k on it last fall.

Thread Information