Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Car Cover?

Black
    1995 Firebird

Best Car Cover?

In the market for a car cover as I don't have a garage and when inclement weather hits i'd like to protect it. If I get one I may put it on if I let the car sit for long periods of time to protect it from the sun and such so if it has some kinda locking device so someone doesn't steal it that would be plus. I don't know much about car covers but like I said I mainly want one to throw on in the event of bad weather so if it could protect from small hail that'd be sweet.

Where to buy (website or store) and recommendations and differences would be cool if you could list. Thanks

blue
    1998 trans am ws6

wondering the same
    Built A4 with B&M Transpak shift kit, Hooker Lt's, 0RY, 4in cutout, Debaffled, K&N, SLP Lid, Bellows, p+p+descreened MAF,TB bypass, 180 degree Theromostat, AC removed, RP Trans fluid, oil, MSD 8.5 wires, Autolite Xtreme perf plugs, Nitto DR

Coming soon SFC, 373 gears, 96mm intake/96mm TB, Tune

2000 Trans Am

wondering the same also but i just need one to store in the garage...and to protect it mainly from dust!!!

black
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

i have a slp cover which came with the car when i bought it from the previous owner. It is waterproof and protects from the rain. It has pockets for the side mirrors. The only problem is it has one string which ties under the car just under the doors. No matter how tight you tie it down, it has the tendency to blow off the front of the car, which drifts the string into the rear wheel well. Whenever it is raining fairly hard or windy i find myself looking out the window to check if the cover is still on often.
    Ive figured the way to fix this would be to make tie down locations in the front and rear of the cover, but the only problem would be inserting some sort of metal ring to protect the cover fabric, without it the fabric would tear.

Black
    02 TA WS6

I have a cover from Car Motorsports
    ( http://www.carmotorsports.com/car_covers.htm ).
    Lifetime warranty, great system for securing it to the car at the front and back, cable and lock included, storage bag included, embroidered logo included...all for $199.95. Both the car cover and embroidery are licensed by GM.
    From their website...
    EXTREMELY lightweight and yet rated Storm Proof as to level of protection.
    150 Denier woven polyester material coated with aluminized polyurethane and acrylic.
    Soft and non-abrasive to clear coat finishes.
    WILL NOT absorb water like some perforated covers (Evolution 4, etc.).
    Nearly waterproof, but breathable. Also provides excellent protection from harmful ultraviolet

blue
    1998 trans am ws6

looks amazing i will definitley be buying that next winter

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

very nice!

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I have the Covercraft duststop for indoor use. They have one for every application. Stay away from the SLP one.
    http://www.autogeek.net/carcovers.html

rapter34
    I got an SLP cover at the beginning of the winter took it off a week ago and the car looks the same as it did the day i waxed it. very pleased with the slp cover at least for the garage. can't tell you what it does in the elements.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

DO NOT buy the car covers from summt. They were only like $40 bucks so I just got it. If I farted near the damn thing it'd blow off the car. I can't tell you how many times I had to go out and either put it back on, or just take it off the car all together. I even tied it down and crossed the wires under the car, and it blew off and scratched the shit outta my passenger side fender!!!! Those things suck, just get a garage lol.

Bright Silver Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Find some place that sells Noah covers---mine is great
    2002 Silver Trans Am WS6
    Trans Am Nationals Heavy Modified Show Champion
    Great Lakes Regional Heavy Modified Show Champion
    http://community.webshots.com/user/silverbird43551
    http://thesilversurfer.phanfare.com

Black
    02 TA WS6

Noah covers are good-I had one for a couple years for my 95 T/A. Problem was, after a couple years of using it in the Florida sun, it seemed to be "breaking down". It started tearing very easily. Maybe they're all like that after a couple years, I don't know...haven't had any other cover for a couple years yet.

Black
    1999 WS6 Trans Am

1999 BLACK WS6 RAM AIR TRANS AM A4 (1 of 274 WS6 coupe Canada only models)

ASC conversion date: 6/10/99
    ASC build# : 4310 of 5007
    Hood Sequence #74992V

w/over (50) performance & appearance mods!!!

My Albums: http://community.webshots.com/user/kenawink

Blue w/tan interior.
    2002 ws6 & 1987 G/N

Log onto AutoAnything.com & check out all the different covers for inside use & for outside use. They compare each, have good consumer reviews & the best prices I could find. I've ordered 4 different makes of covers, all for different cars I own & they have all been good. I really do not like the Noah or Evolution fabric because once they get wet & absorb the water they bleed a powdery/dusty substance onto the surface of the car. I prefer to buy the outside covers because you have the option to use it if you need the space in the garage for a little while. Hope this helps a little.

black
    2002 ws6 TA

I bought an slp cover and i wouldn't waist my money on one it was doing more damage than the car just sitting out exposed to the elements. It only has one tie down in the center and every stiff breeze the front would come up and was scratching the clear. I will probably use it again when the boat comes out of the garage for the summer and the car can go in.

Pewter
    '99 Trans Am

i got a sunforger cover from this site last fall and used it this winter when bad weather came through st. louis.

http://carcovers.com/

came with cable/lock which i did not use yet. easy on/off. dries on car easily. they also sell the aformentioned noah covers. only complaint is that when freezing rain or frozen snowmelt is on the car i could not take the cover off, but i figured that. never blew off b/c elastic kept it on.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

You guys are way more helpful than when I posted my thread about this (http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75582). Check that thread out anyway, for the pictures of the first dude's Coverking Stormshield cover. It's still one of the coolest I've seen.

I ended up being pretty busy around the beginning of winter & never got around to buying a car cover. Unfortunately, the storage garage I had my Trans Am in for the winter sprang a leak at some point & rained down rusty water on my car for a while . Needless to say, I'm back in the market for a car cover & a new place to store my car over the winter.

97 ZX-7R 02 GSX-R 1000
    1998 WS6 Trans Am (Black)

There are a few mentions of it before but I picked up a Noah Car cover by Covercraft from AutoAnything.com I've had it for about a year now and it's great. Although like some others, heavy wind can take it off. It has a spot to strap it under the car but I don't use it. It's only blown off 2 or 3 times in a year. It keeps out moisture and is really soft so it doesn't scuff the paint. The fit is really good. Worth checking it out. GL in your search.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

A garage.

The best one is a good coat of wax. Most any cover will create swirls. More so on a darker car.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I have a Wolf Evolution on my Vette and it's really nice. Perfect fit and never scratched.

Thread Information