Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

Anyone used the Jamms and compatability

I have been asking people if they like the SLP cold air pac or the Volant better, but I am also interested in hearing about people that have tried the Jamms and if that is compatible with any of the other induction systems?

If anyone has photos of the Jamms or other units that would be cool too.

Thanks in advance

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I have the Jamm kit. here is the only photo i have at the moment.

Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

I have seen photos of it from sites that sell it, does it use just one or both of the hood openings? Do you think it works well? I am considering the major 3 options the SLP the Volant and the Jamm which apparently does work with the SLP lid I see at least. Seems a waste to have those hood openings but not utilize them.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

They do say on their site somewhere that it uses all 4 nostrils, I know I've read that in the past. And the lower plate is to block off the normal air supply coming from underneath the car. But the foam sealer looks like it only seals the top nostrils from the hood to the air box. Maybe Cutlass or some others who respond here can confirm if the foam sealer seals off just the upper nostrils...?

Maybe it seals off the top and sides to the air box but leaves the bottom open so that air from the lower openings can be funneled in via the lower plate?

Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

That would be great to hear

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    They do say on their site somewhere that it uses all 4 nostrils, I know I've read that in the past. And the lower plate is to block off the normal air supply coming from underneath the car. But the foam sealer looks like it only seals the top nostrils from the hood to the air box. Maybe Cutlass or some others who respond here can confirm if the foam sealer seals off just the upper nostrils...?

Maybe it seals off the top and sides to the air box but leaves the bottom open so that air from the lower openings can be funneled in via the lower plate?
    Yes that would be great to hear. When I saw a photo of it on a website selling it what was shown was just one nostril with something on it, I will keep trying to find information and any sort of hard numbers for either HP or ET improvements would be greatly appreciated.

These parts can add up to quite a bit of money and I wish to consider the performance gains for money spent before investing in them. Enough multiple small expensive items eventually add up and some like the high stall converters are great for drag racing but not daily drivers or sports car type use.

I wonder why, other than looks would Pontiac put on the WS6 hood when the stock TA has the lower openings the stock ram air system uses? I think the basic idea of the way old muscle cars with ram air systems that were sealed and filtered made a lot of sense.

Thread Information