Black
    2002 Pontiac Trans am WS6

Anyone Tried This HID Conversion Kit?

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/fi...stemnew-1.aspx

What do you guys think about this kit?
    Have any of you tried it?

10,000k are going to be extremely blue. I just installed some 5,000k HID's in my fogs, I'll throw a pic up if i can find my camera. Go to ddm tuning's website for HID kits

arctic white
    99 Trans am

Never heard of it but I see it uses H7 bulbs now I'm curious as to what housings it uses. As stated above 10k looks too blue 5k or 6k light up the road wonderfully. Id skip that kit it can be done for a lot cheaper.

black
    2001 Trans Am

Also, you might want to check your local laws, some states you can't have red or blue headlights or fog lights, just the white lights.

NBM
    99 TA

The HID fogs from DDM can be had for under 50 bucks. and +1 on the 10k being too blue. I went with 5k 35w for fogs and 6k 50w for low beams and they match pretty well. If you run 50w in the fogs, you run the risk of melting the housings.
    Here are a couple pics:

Last edited by peterlawl84; 06-13-2010 at 06:34 PM.

hey i know i'm stealing this thread but im having issues with ddm's lights right now my wipers turn on after about 5 minutes any suggestions on how to fix? Something just doesn't seem right at ALL!! and ya 5k lights are sick looking!!

Black
    2002 Firehawk #812

I like em. Those lights are sick!!

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Are they only for low beams or is there a set for high beams also?

pewter
    00 ws6

where do you find the hid light housing?

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by capemaydiamond View Post
    where do you find the hid light housing?
    Are you asking about mine? If so, they are the BLS kit. He is selling them on ls1tech.
    I purchased the low beam kit, he sells a premium kit with high beam projectors as well, but I rarely use high-beam prior and now, probably won't again after the HIDs.

pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by smws6ta View Post
    are they only for low beams or is there a set for high beams also?
    once u install low beam hids there really is no use for the highs anymore i can almost guarantee u wont need them

White
    1998 Trans Am

Price is high and anything above a 6000k is more show than performance the more color temp the less light output.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS-6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by peterlawl84 View Post
    Are you asking about mine? If so, they are the BLS kit. He is selling them on ls1tech.
    I purchased the low beam kit, he sells a premium kit with high beam projectors as well, but I rarely use high-beam prior and now, probably won't again after the HIDs.
    I thought those were the BLS low beam kit!! Hey peterlawl are you extremely happy with them because they are pretty pricey???

White
    1998 Trans Am

I went with the eurolamp.com kit there look more factory and use a H7 bulb and there $78 a set for high and low beam glass lenses. Mine aren't as focused or as bright as those projector setup but are also alot cheaper. I paid $80 something with shipping for my low beams and then $43 or so for my 6k hids from a ebay seller I use ofter and for like $55 you can get the new slim digital ballast but I don't find them any better. I have one set and never wasted the money since they were no easier to mount and haven't proven to last longer since all my HIDs in my TA have worked for yrs now. I have to say though the 6k in my crystal lens in my Trailblazer is extemly bright and find it better than projectors on dark backroads due to a wider and more spread beam. I wish I could get some crystal lenses for my TA but these work great especially with the matched fog light bulbs. I run all 35w sets haven't tried a 55w kit yet.

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Smokaholik View Post
    I thought those were the BLS low beam kit!! Hey peterlawl are you extremely happy with them because they are pretty pricey???
    I have no complaints with the BLS kit. They are pricey compared to converted sealed beams, but they aren't bad for projector pricings. The light output is amazing and I can't believe I used to drive at highway speeds with the stock halogens. I started getting compliments on them right away from other ppl as well.
    My only issue is that now I want to put some HIDs on all my vehicles since the t/a now has the best output..haha

White
    1998 Trans Am

Ever since my 1st set a little over 3 yrs ago when they used to sell HID kits and $150 was cheap I got my 1st for my Trailblazer and every car since has had them installed. My Mustang got off the car hauler from FL and within a day I had the HID's in. Dam Bi xenon's are a little extra work. Those lenses were a paint to aim as well. The Trailblazer and TA were easy to aim. The Trailblazer though is still the brightest with that crystal clear diamond reflector they use make HID's increadible.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by peterlawl84 View Post
    I have no complaints with the BLS kit. They are pricey compared to converted sealed beams, but they aren't bad for projector pricings. The light output is amazing and I can't believe I used to drive at highway speeds with the stock halogens. I started getting compliments on them right away from other ppl as well.
    My only issue is that now I want to put some HIDs on all my vehicles since the t/a now has the best output..haha
    Hey Peter its been a while but once again you've motivated me to pursue this upgrade. Whats the first step I need to take, and was the install easy? how much should I expect to spend.

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by nmartin View Post
    Hey Peter its been a while but once again you've motivated me to pursue this upgrade. Whats the first step I need to take, and was the install easy? how much should I expect to spend.
    Haha, my bad again. Still love the way your car looks on 20s.
    The standard BLS kit was $550 I believe, $800 something for the premium. The install was straight forward, Brian did a great job putting the kit together and has easy to follow instructions.
    He just came out with a kit for the LT1 firebirds, so not sure when his next GP will be for our cars. You can send him a PM and find out, he was always good at getting back to me when I had questions.

The fogs, I ordered from DDM, PM me and I can send you the direct link. But it was like $43 shipped to the door. So far, I haven't had any issues with the housings, but I would still like to get some projectors for them sometime down the road. The fogs were plug and play as well. Nothing required any cutting or splicing of wires.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Here's my cheap kit from euro designs or something like that in Miami. $78 for lenses and $50 for hid kit for low and $70 for slim hid kit for fog,BTW slim kits are a waste of money they don't work anybetter and just cost more.
    6000K ebay kits had for like 2 plus yrs with no problems

Thread Information