Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

Anyone here work or knows a lot about insurance???

Well i wrecked my car a little while ago and my insurance company that i have been with for 2 1/2 years now is investigating my claim. they dont wanna pay me and it seems like they dont really care that my car is at a bodyshop accurring stoarge fees and what not after they tore my car apart. i just have a few questions so if anyone works for and insurance company or is familiar with insurance please PM or reply.

Black
    2001 Ws6

Hey

First off what company you using, what happened did you hit someone or did you get hit, who's fault was it etc...

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

im with progressive. and i spun out on the freeway and hit the center divider.

black
    2002 trans am ws6

how did it get to the shop they usually want to see the damage before work starts (my wife is an agent)

Black
    2001 Ws6

How much was your deductible? How long were you with this company and your age if you don’t mind? I am guessing your under 22.

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

when i made the claim i got a call from them and they asked me what happened. so i told exactly what happen, then they gave me a list of bodyshops to take my car to so that the adjuster can look at. and in order for them to fully look in the damage they had to tear into and take the rear end apart.
    But the problem is that there was a miscommunication with me having my car towed. so they wanted tow reciepts i told that there was no tow reciepts cus there was no tow truck. so know they think im trying to commit insurance fraud. i have been with progressive for 2 1/2 years now.
    An insurcance claim investagtor came out today to record my statement and was asking me all sorts of questions, asking me for bank statements and cell phone call history. just to prove that it all happend on the day i wrecked. i just dont understand i pay for there service and been with them for a long time now and all they can do is investigate me???

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by War Theory View Post
    How much was your deductible? How long were you with this company and your age if you don’t mind? I am guessing your under 22.
    my deductible is 500 im with progressive

black
    2002 trans am ws6

if there is anykind of police report they cant do anything but fix the car i would ask for a different adjuster he just sounds like a dick and call the corporate office and complain he is your problem not progressive

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i've had progressive for 6 years and they've always taken care of me 100% I'm sorry to hear you're going through shit. I'd call their corporate number and talk to someone there.

but are you saying the car WAS not towed at all or you just have no reciept? I mean, i've actually held a car for over a month w/out having reported an accident, anticipating being able to pay it out of pocket and they still covered me in full

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

ok so let me get this straight. might sound dumb but i dont know much about this. if i have full coverage insurance and i wreck my car, they have to cover it no matter what correct? because i mean its a service that i pay for, for times like this and its the law for this reason.

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Well, Auto Insurance is a law so that if you hurt someone else or cause damage to someone elses property you will have something that will pay for it, if only a small portion depending on the amount of damage.

Insurance coverage for yourself or your own vehicle (or property) is not a law. That's why they created Liability Only policies. Also to keep costs down for people that can't afford "full coverage".

Now, what it sounds like to me: (I work for an Agency)
    It seems that your adjuster is trying to prove that it was an accident on the highway, road, where ever.
    Of course, If you have an a&&h()()l3 adjuster, he may be thinking that you were racing your car and ran into a wall. Which would allow him to deny the claim as racing is excluded on auto policies. This includes Drag Racing.

The only thing I can suggest is the same as others. Call Progressive and ask for a supervisor because you are getting the run around from your adjuster. If they don't work out your issues soon and pay for all cost (except deductible) I would tell them that you are going to contact the California Department of Insurance and file a greivance with them.

Here's that website: http://www.insurance.ca.gov/

White
    1998 Trans Am

I have learned the only way to deal with unreasonable insurance companies after a accident is to tell them you neck and back hurt. Mention you may need to seek medical help. The last thing they want is to start paying medical bills for doctors and xrays. Then when there is still amproblem I mention that I may need so seek legal help. They hate when you go after them for pain and suffering. I have had AllState and geico give me a few headaches. One was me being stupid and the other one was when a guy ran a red light and tboned me at 50(totaled my truck). I had to get the ins. to get me a pickup truck from enterprise so I could still work.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Blue
    1998 firebird formula

wreck

I used progressive when I wrecked my first 98 Formula. They NEVER paid anything even with full coverage. I was out of 2000.00 left on the loan + hospital bills and what I had already put into the car. All the proper steps were taken ie...Police report, claims adjuster....ect
    They said that my wreck was due to wreckless driving and would not pay up. I went off the road to keep from hitting an idiot that came in my lane, he never stopped and I was passed out.... So I could never prove to them that it happened.

Progressive is a shit company. Good luck man.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Always remember -- insurance companies are in business to make money. Period.

maple red metalic
    2000 TRANS AM WS6

Iam a licensed insurance agent, even though Ive been laid off from my insurance job, heres how it works with full coverage, if you get in a wreck, you will need a police report especially if there was no other vehicle involved. 2. immediately contact your writing agent / agency. Usually if the company does not send out an adjuster, they will require from you the police report and two estimates from a reputable body shop (some companies allow you to pick the shop) others require you go to there shops. If for whatever reason the shop can not get a full assessment of the damage until they tear the car down, they will have to notify the carrier of this before they begin tearin the car down, at this point an adjuster will either go there, or the carrier will give there permission for the car to be taken apart, and a report of there findings forwarded to them. If there is evidence of speeding and or careless driving, either from the shop or police you could very well have a problem, but if there is nothing on the police report stating there was racing involved, and the shop does not see signs of racing that caused this accident, THE CLAIM HAS TO BE PAID.
    If there is another vehicle involved, and this person states that you somehow caused it to happen, then both carriers will have to fight this out amongst themselves probably before the claim gets paid out. This is how it basically works here in Pa.

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by trixysrace11 View Post
    Iam a licensed insurance agent, even though Ive been laid off from my insurance job, heres how it works with full coverage, if you get in a wreck, you will need a police report especially if there was no other vehicle involved. 2. immediately contact your writing agent / agency. Usually if the company does not send out an adjuster, they will require from you the police report and two estimates from a reputable body shop (some companies allow you to pick the shop) others require you go to there shops. If for whatever reason the shop can not get a full assessment of the damage until they tear the car down, they will have to notify the carrier of this before they begin tearin the car down, at this point an adjuster will either go there, or the carrier will give there permission for the car to be taken apart, and a report of there findings forwarded to them. If there is evidence of speeding and or careless driving, either from the shop or police you could very well have a problem, but if there is nothing on the police report stating there was racing involved, and the shop does not see signs of racing that caused this accident, THE CLAIM HAS TO BE PAID.
    If there is another vehicle involved, and this person states that you somehow caused it to happen, then both carriers will have to fight this out amongst themselves probably before the claim gets paid out. This is how it basically works here in Pa.
    the thing is i dont have a police report i didnt hit anyone. i was told if u didnt hot anyone u dont need a police report.

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by whiteLS1TA View Post
    the thing is i dont have a police report i didnt hit anyone. i was told if u didnt hot anyone u dont need a police report.
    http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d07/vc16000.htm
    Last edited by thearborbarber; 03-31-2009 at 04:40 PM.

maple red metalic
    2000 TRANS AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by whiteLS1TA View Post

WHAT!!! you gotta be kidding me,.. if nothing else, there should absolutely be an incident report available to you, .. an incident report is not all that much different than an accident report, just that it gives report of an incident, showing fault, or no fault, and quite possibly road conditions at the time of the incident. I WOULD CALL THE POLICE department that came to the scene, and find out if you can get an incident report if they wont write up an accident report.

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by trixysrace11 View Post
    WHAT!!! you gotta be kidding me,.. if nothing else, there should absolutely be an incident report available to you, .. an incident report is not all that much different than an accident report, just that it gives report of an incident, showing fault, or no fault, and quite possibly road conditions at the time of the incident. I WOULD CALL THE POLICE department that came to the scene, and find out if you can get an incident report if they wont write up an accident report.
    Doesn't sound like it was reported.

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

thanks for the input guys! Well im a virgin to all this insurance claims, its also my first accident. my car was still drivable and i didnt think that damage was that bad, so i figuerd why call the police. i was told that if it was a single vehicle accident i didnt need a police report.

i have already contacted the department of insurance, i also might need a lawyer. I talked to the supervisiors and they are giving me the same run around as the adjusters, which i now have had 3 different ones.

Thread Information