Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Anyone have or had Jet Hot Long Tube Headers in an LS1

Been looking for some new headers. The SLP ones I have now are beat and look nasty after only 2 years of driving with less than 15k on them. I searched around the forum and didn't find anything on Jethot headers.

Has Anyone tried the Jet Hot Tuned Long Tube Headers on there LS1 along with the Jet hot Y-Pipe?

Thanks
    Last edited by RichR; 12-06-2010 at 07:57 AM.

I've used Jethot coatings for headers for the last 15-20 years. Never used them on any of our 4th gen headers though.

I use them on the chevelle only nowadays. Prices have gotten higher, and it seems I have to recoat every 4-5 years. Went from $180 years back to now costing well over $500 to do it. So I keep the coating to the chevelle only where visual appearance is important, I don't care about the others cars so much for that kind of money to recoat, especially since most of the headers are hidden pretty well on a 4th gen.

Living in Ohio seemed to cause pitting after 4-5 years requiring a recoat. This is on a car that saw no incliment weather,,,,AT ALL,,,and was only driven during the summer. But it's still humid and moist in the midwest.
    Living in a dryer climate now, I'm hoping it'll last longer. If it does, I might look into coating headers on some of the other cars. Only time will tell.

Here is a shot of the Jet Hot coating after about 4 years. You can see the pitting starting up close to the heads. These headers are on their 5th coating now.
    This isn't meant to badmouth Jet Hot, just the experiences I've had with it showing it may not last long in a moist climate.

artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I've had a set of Hookers with the jet hot coating on now for 8 years, and about 75 k on them. They still look good on top, but on the bottom, they are starting to rust a little. If I were looking for another set of headers, I will consider these again. The car was a daily driver for 5 years, in rain, snow, and a 1/2 mile gravel driveway.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Hwystar View Post
    I've had a set of Hookers with the jet hot coating on now for 8 years, and about 75 k on them. They still look good on top, but on the bottom, they are starting to rust a little. If I were looking for another set of headers, I will consider these again. The car was a daily driver for 5 years, in rain, snow, and a 1/2 mile gravel driveway.
    How is the performance? Did you use the Jethot Y pipe with the headers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hwystar View Post
    I should have clearified. On a brand new set, the coating will go another couple years, it's the recoating that seems to lose it's luster in a shorter period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    Performance?? Are you looking for some sort of gain in power??

I can tell you from my experience I've found no gains in quarter mile times. Been racing that car pictured for the better part of 25 years. Used this coating on a couple other cars in the past. It's said that it traps the heat which helps scavenging. Well it does keep the heat down, within 5 minutes they are cool enough to touch, but to the point of scavenging better?? I've seen no gains. For me it's used purely for a cosmetic appearance standpoint anymore.

artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    They helped my performance, because I got rid of the stock exhaust, and went with 2.5 true duals, and got rid of the cats. Haven't used any y-pipe since I ditched the factory exhaust.

now greybat66

Red
    1998 trans am

i bought a set from the ws6 store and will be putting them in the spring god willing.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I have had Jet Hots on both my Camaros now, they are a good middle level header. Anything is better quality than SLPs btw.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

thanks for all the input guys, I'm still debating which brand to go with, definitely not SLP that's for sure. Been there done that.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I went with the QTP's when I got mine a couple yrs ago since the Kook's were too much and the QTP's are polished stainless and aside from the color they still look as good as whhen I got them.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I have Jet Hots. Nothing to complain about. Aren't they with Hooker now?

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I think I will go with the Stainless works headers with y pipe and cats. I think I will dump my SLP Loudmouth for a new Bassani true dual setup.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

There over the axle duals? It's a real nice kit.

Thread Information