Black
    00 Trans Am

anyone ever have this problem?

after running the car and shutting if off, i start the car and in first gear it seems to hesitate a bit, kinda stutteres, second gear still a bit of a stutter , then it runs fine. its very hit n miss and usually seems to do it after i run the car, then shut if off to say get gas or something, after starting it up is when the stutterring seems to starts. its a 00 ws-6 vert, i have very minimal mods( volant air induction, borla cat back, fuel rail covers) thats it.car only has 16000 miles on it.

i know the previous owner had a problem with the cat, had em replaced. could that have something to do with it? what does it sound like to u guys?

Black
    00 Trans Am

anyone

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

mine kinda does the same thing...it's Auto... it turned out to be Vaccum or PCV disconected... either that or Sparkplug problems

check everything to be conected (most are in the back of the manifold extremely hard to get to... if all else fails take it to a shop...

Black
    00 Trans Am

thanks man. i'll check it out

Red
    2002 TA WS6

after running the car and shutting if off, i start the car and in first gear it seems to hesitate a bit, kinda stutteres, second gear still a bit of a stutter , then it runs fine.
    What you are describing sounds like vapor lock. Somewhere the fuel is getting too hot and vaporizing in the line. The stutter and hesitation is caused by an interuption of liquid fuel going to the engine. The pressurized fuel sort of compounds the problem by trying to make the fuel run backwards. Once you drive a little, the steady flow clears up the problem and cools the hot spot. I had the same problem with a turbo charged engine before. I would check the fuel system and see where the fuel line might be getting too close the the exhaust or engine. A minor reajustment of the fuel line path, or a bit of high temp insulation may solve the problem.

Black
    00 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by VTR99 View Post
    What you are describing sounds like vapor lock. Somewhere the fuel is getting too hot and vaporizing in the line. The stutter and hesitation is caused by an interuption of liquid fuel going to the engine. The pressurized fuel sort of compounds the problem by trying to make the fuel run backwards. Once you drive a little, the steady flow clears up the problem and cools the hot spot. I had the same problem with a turbo charged engine before. I would check the fuel system and see where the fuel line might be getting too close the the exhaust or engine. A minor reajustment of the fuel line path, or a bit of high temp insulation may solve the problem.

yeh thats what someone else told me, thanks for the reply, sounds like exactly what my car is doing. is it common? my car isnt going to burst into flames or anything is it??

Thread Information