Any aftermarket air filters that fit WS6 airboxes good?

I just got my slp (blackwing) air filter in the mail with my lid and bellows (both slp). The filter wont fit into my air box without bowing up in the middle. The airbox is stock 02 WS6. Piss poor design!
    Anybody recommend a certain one based on fitment? Keep in mind it's also gotta work with the slp lid and baffle.

Also, SLP started burning in their logo, so now you can still see it when you put the oem ram air sticker on it. BALLS!

Not really impressed with the whole SLP lid/bellows combo either. the stock maf will not go up into the throat on the lid on the bottom side like it should. Seems like the bellows is holding it at the wrong angle.
    02 WS6-M6, White/Ebony, !CAGS, !Baffles, SLP Airlid, Bellows, & Blackwing Filter, Pro 5.0, McLeod Adj. MC.

Yes.
    bunch of them

Quote Originally Posted by drain89 View Post
    I just got my slp (blackwing) air filter in the mail with my lid and bellows (both slp). The filter wont fit into my air box without bowing up in the middle. The airbox is stock 02 WS6. Piss poor design!
    Anybody recommend a certain one based on fitment? Keep in mind it's also gotta work with the slp lid and baffle.

Also, SLP started burning in their logo, so now you can still see it when you put the oem ram air sticker on it. BALLS!

Not really impressed with the whole SLP lid/bellows combo either. the stock maf will not go up into the throat on the lid on the bottom side like it should. Seems like the bellows is holding it at the wrong angle.

The Blemished Models of the airlids only have a sticker logo, might try one of those. Are you using a Blackwing lid? If not, there's the problem. Those lids were designed to work with the Blackwing filters, which have a taller deck height.

No, mines the regular slp lid.

Yes.
    bunch of them

I'd be willing to bet that's your trouble. Try pitching the stock filter in and see how it works.

blue
    01 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by drain89 View Post

yea no crap I made a fiberglass bellow and with that slp lid kinda messed me up and whats really !#C^@- up i can feel the hp loss =(. it looked pretty sick too, cant beat a cool lookin homemade =D. from what I saw the crappy crinkly foctory bellow is alot more compressed with the slp lid. tighter angle aswell. did you see the inside were the circular pipe actually meets with the lid that looks kinda rough hehe. smooth air flow, yea right. looks like some jb weld or somrthing =). think I was better off with the deriged factory unit, only benefit with slp lid is removing that " intake noise reduction" deal. damn blackwing sux? i was gonna do thatbird logo.

Red/black
    02 Trans Am WS-6 M6

K&N Model # 33-2118. Drop in. Turn on ignition. Go. Have one in my 02 WS6.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

Quote Originally Posted by 4JaysMD View Post
    K&N Model # 33-2118. Drop in. Turn on ignition. Go. Have one in my 02 WS6.

Thats what ive got. No problems here

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

The standard SLP lid is a piece of shit, I had the same problem with mine and then I switched to the Blackwing. No fitment problems after that.
    2002 SOM Trans Am WS6 M6 #3 of 303 SOM WS6's built with M6. 341.6hp 355.0tq on Mustang dyno
    ASC #690, Converted 6/13/01, Taupe, Hurst, TCS, Last Of The Breed. 13.3 @ 107 (2.1 60') bone stock...

2.5 LS6 heads, Torquer V3, FAST 92/92.....442rwhp 392tq on mustang dyno.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

the SLP for some reason wont line up right. The clips on the end dont want to stay clipped down. So I would spend an extra couple of bucks and get a whisper air lid, or something like it

Thread Information