Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Artic White
    2002 ws6

Was/Am I out of my mind?

Okay... I'm going to ask you all a question about my car but first I need to give you a short history behind it. For about a year I had searched for a 2002 White M6 WS6 with less than 10k miles on it and in the summer of 2007 I finally found one in San Diego for sale. Long story short, I flew out with my dad and we drove it back half-way across the country and by the time we pulled it into my garage it had 9K miles on it. It was bone stock and sense then I've been slowly modding it. Wheels, tires, suspension, and I molded in a front air damn to another stock front end and attached it to my car (see my profile pic), and will eventually start engine mods and exhaust.

I guess my question is, should I have kept it bone stock? I still have every original part to the car including the crappy shocks. I realize that "it's all my opinion on what I wanted to do with the car" but what would you all have done? It only gets about 1-1.5k miles on it a year.

pewter
    2002 Tans am WS6 M6

I wouldn't go really agressive on the mods. When you start changing things you really can start running into problems. Just because somthing is a bolt-on mod doesn't mean bolt on and forget it (reality) it wasn't engenerard for that part. When you start getting alot of power your going to start breaking stuff. It's all personal preference. I'm cought between the to myself somtimes. Truth comes to it, you dont buy a car to keep it in a garage and be to afraid to even use it!
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

black
    2002 NHRA trans am

Just rember it is yours you are the only one who has to live with it. My opion, mod the hell out of it. Stock sucks

White
    1998 Trans Am

It's your so go as crazy as you want. But if you wanna play safe bolt ons will give you more power and sound, without problems and you can always go back to stock.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I am having the same issue - we purchased a bone stock '02 WS6 in August. Would really like to do some minor mods starting with the exhaust. Trying to decide between the Magnaflow cat back or SLP Loudmouth systems... other than that, not sure where to go from there.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

Its your car, but I say mod it if you have the extra cash. If not then whatever, these cars are great stock too.

Spiral Gray
    2004 Auto Corvette

Talking

I would leave it stock. Mines stock and I can still outrun almost anything

Artic White
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Cop View Post
    I would leave it stock. Mines stock and I can still outrun almost anything
    I guess the answer is: Buy another mint condition under 10k miles and leave it stock... ha ha...

thanks for the opinions guys.

White
    2000 Trans AM

I'd mod the shit out of it.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

I'd mod it. Most mods can be returned to stock, just keep the original parts and don't cut it up to make a drag car. Heck, even former drag cars are getting restored these days.

Whatver you do, enjoy it, don't try and keep it in a time capsule in anticipation of a high collector value that will probably never come.

silver
    2002 ws6

my 02 ws6 has 20,000 miles on it, and i leaving it alone with some mild bolt ons. i bought an 86 grand prix to mod the hell out of instead.

Mod as much as you like, JUST DON'T DO ANYTHING IRREVERSIBLE, don't cut ANYTHING and save every stock part no matter how insignifigant.
    Either that or leave it alone.
    Learn from my mistakes, Take this advice.

Red
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Mod it! It's like every other T/A until you do!

Quote Originally Posted by david_viny View Post
    Mod it! It's like every other T/A until you do!
    So what's wrong with every other T/A, even if it is stock?

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ws6clone View Post
    Mod as much as you like, JUST DON'T DO ANYTHING IRREVERSIBLE, don't cut ANYTHING and save every stock part no matter how insignifigant.
    Either that or leave it alone.
    Learn from my mistakes, Take this advice.
    I agree! I mean what ever happened to just haveing a nice muscle car? If you want to mod it then I say don't look back. But even if you just leave it stock it will still be fast and still turn heads when your just cruisin' too.
    My 01 Camaro is bone stock only addon is cold air (not K&N) milage is low don't drive in winter unless a must. She's in showroom shape never beat on it.
    It's so quiet I can sneak up a dirt road. I had the shop at the dealer I bought her just reprogram the trany for better shift quality. I still get asked if it been repainted too. Nope just a clean Chevy engineering! Just a pretty car..
    Last edited by Smittro; 02-26-2009 at 08:19 AM.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by architect7 View Post
    Okay... I'm going to ask you all a question about my car but first I need to give you a short history behind it. For about a year I had searched for a 2002 White M6 WS6 with less than 10k miles on it and in the summer of 2007 I finally found one in San Diego for sale. Long story short, I flew out with my dad and we drove it back half-way across the country and by the time we pulled it into my garage it had 9K miles on it. It was bone stock and sense then I've been slowly modding it. Wheels, tires, suspension, and I molded in a front air damn to another stock front end and attached it to my car (see my profile pic), and will eventually start engine mods and exhaust.

I guess my question is, should I have kept it bone stock? I still have every original part to the car including the crappy shocks. I realize that "it's all my opinion on what I wanted to do with the car" but what would you all have done? It only gets about 1-1.5k miles on it a year.
    Sounds like it's beutyfull. Just my oppinion but there are mods you can do without changing her appearance too. You probably know that already though. Changing the shocks is'nt bad. Better ride and handling are always a plus. Like I said in my other quote, it will still be fast stock and still a nice head turner too. Good luck and have fun! C YA
    Last edited by Smittro; 02-26-2009 at 08:36 AM.

Red
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ws6clone View Post
    So what's wrong with every other T/A, even if it is stock?
    computer aided gear selection (manuals)
    Weakish stereo
    weak rear end
    not loud enough exhaust
    Could always use more power!
    imo

I don't think theirs anything really wrong with a stocker, just areas for improvement. Hell my car is bone stock still accept for the CAGS emiminator. But there will be mods in the future.

Black on Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I like the stock look myself except with an occasional new decal added or one removed or rims. I like the mods that keep it looking stock but running better than stock i.e exhaust, MAF, TB, Lid etc.... Stereo and speakers can always be added and some of the mods on the interiors I have seen on the web look great, like the birds on the headrests or the door panels and seats. Most everyone is right. Enjoy your bird and keep the stock parts. If you need any encouragement then go to Ebay and price some of it.

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

If you wanted to mod you really shouldn't have bought such a mint condition TA in the first place.

Red
    1998 Trans Am

I agree, i would keep it stock, maybe buy an older FBody with more miles, something kinda cheep you can throw some of your thoughts and mods into...Keep one for a special day, and the other for a DD and beatin on it a lil

Thread Information