Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

Unhappy Already Wrecked!!

I decided to drive the bird to work on 11/13 because the weather was dry and it looked to be a decent day with a minor sprinkle. On the way home on Lake Shore Drive, I was tired like many days and I was cruising at about 55 mph. As I went to double-clutch the steering wheel to stretch(I have done this many of days) I accidentally hit the accelerator goin over a water puddle and I went from calm cruizing into an immediate washer-type spin cycle!!! Needless to say the Bird hit front end 1st into the guard rail before spining 5 times and then hitting the rail a 2nd time and spinning 2x more. The airbags did not deploy and surprisingly the impact felt like a pillow.

Estimates for the damage hit $4500 at best and since the first payment on the car has not been made....it's a no-brainer to fix the car...or should I. The car was only on liabilty cuz ironically enuff I was putting the car in storage in the morning when I woke on (payday).

It's a sad day.

Last edited by Mieux97; 11-17-2008 at 04:12 AM.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Ah, Man... That really sucks!

Sorry to hear that.

But, It's good that you're OK!

That's a tough break

You may as well fix it. You'll be making payments either way....

White

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Ah, Man... That really sucks!

Sorry to hear that.

But, It's good that you're OK!

That's a tough break

You may as well fix it. You'll be making payments either way....
    Yeah man.....I didn't wanna have $90 bucks comin out of my check for a car that would be sitting in someones junk yard. I ama trying to put some kind of positive spin on this, as in, since it's in the shop....what else should I have done ya know.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Yep, that's all you can do!

now greybat66

Red
    1998 trans am

and get full coverage on the car its a very good investment even if your not using your car.I have full coverage even glass and i drive the car maybe 400 miles a year.

White

Quote Originally Posted by purplebat66 View Post
    and get full coverage on the car its a very good investment even if your not using your car.I have full coverage even glass and i drive the car maybe 400 miles a year.
    Do u put your car in storage or do u have a garage?

black
    02 HAWK aka the beast

That sucks the most important thing is your okay. I also live in chicago suburbs and wheather sucks I drive my Hawk only 500 miles a yr and I never remove full coverage insurance even during winter better safe than sorry. just be positive and wait will spring to fix it and maybe due a custom color.

now greybat66

Red
    1998 trans am

i put it in a garage in ny where there is very limited space so i garage it year round.Indoor heated garage.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

If you aren't gonna drive it all winter just keep full glass and put fire and theft coverage. That's what I did and it dropped my insurance by about 75%!!! Plus it's still covered in full if something happens to it while in storage.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Ws6 T/A

Sorry to hear about your ryd,but like the other guy said think of a bad ass color to get it painted next spring. Take it easy

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

the pix aren't loading but holy shit that's terrible!!!

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

I know your pain. I bought my Camaro back in January (first car I ever bought myself, and first car I was ever actually proud of) and had it all of 17 days before a woman driving down the wrong side of the road hit me head on and totaled it.

Worst part is she said she was turning into a shopping center as I was turning out of a gas station and I hit her...and since the cop took over an hour to get there all witnesses left and I had been taken to the hospital in an ambulance, it was all he had to go on. Accident was my fault and I got a citation for failure to yield. Hooray for doubled insurance rates!

Really sucks, but life goes on. I got a nice little black on black bird that I'm proud of now, and you'll get yours fixed in no time and this'll be just a brown stain of a memory.

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

man that sucks, i thought i f'ed my engine up 2wks after i got it. ended up parking it for the first 2 months.

your pics are not loading, but keep us updated.

i also wrecked my car about 3 months ago, and just got it back. I fell your pain and it sucks, but stay in there it will come around little by little.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Wow, really sorry to hear this.

White

Quote Originally Posted by naperws6 View Post
    That sucks the most important thing is your okay. I also live in chicago suburbs and wheather sucks I drive my Hawk only 500 miles a yr and I never remove full coverage insurance even during winter better safe than sorry. just be positive and wait will spring to fix it and maybe due a custom color.
    Well...the car is already at the shop. I didn't have anywhere to put it and if I would have left it on the city streets it would have got towed for hazardous parking dude. You may be right about the full coverage, but at least the car will be protected tho now my insurance won't go up cuz it's out of pocket and they don't know

Speaking of custom color....I was thinking about a purple, blue, black or red. I just gotta see how I am gonna come out of this.

White

Quote Originally Posted by purplebat66 View Post
    i put it in a garage in ny where there is very limited space so i garage it year round.Indoor heated garage.
    You are lucky....all I have for now are the city streets

White

Quote Originally Posted by Piranhaz View Post
    If you aren't gonna drive it all winter just keep full glass and put fire and theft coverage. That's what I did and it dropped my insurance by about 75%!!! Plus it's still covered in full if something happens to it while in storage.
    Yeah man.....gotta really think about protecting my toys better now.

White

Quote Originally Posted by k dog 33 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your ryd,but like the other guy said think of a bad ass color to get it painted next spring. Take it easy
    Any ideas for a custom color? I am thinkin a purple, black, blue or red....tho the metallic orange don't seem bad either.

White

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    the pix aren't loading but holy shit that's terrible!!!
    Pix permanently loaded now

White

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBornThriller View Post
    I know your pain. I bought my Camaro back in January (first car I ever bought myself, and first car I was ever actually proud of) and had it all of 17 days before a woman driving down the wrong side of the road hit me head on and totaled it.

Worst part is she said she was turning into a shopping center as I was turning out of a gas station and I hit her...and since the cop took over an hour to get there all witnesses left and I had been taken to the hospital in an ambulance, it was all he had to go on. Accident was my fault and I got a citation for failure to yield. Hooray for doubled insurance rates!

Really sucks, but life goes on. I got a nice little black on black bird that I'm proud of now, and you'll get yours fixed in no time and this'll be just a brown stain of a memory.
    Screw that.....that cop should have looked up both owners before making the report, tho they don't have to, which sucks bad. I told the shop to take their time with it since I don't yet have a place to put the bird.

Thread Information