Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

All Four Wheels....

Off the ground today, first time for me in any car. I've felt the front end come loose before on other cars many times. Not counting off-roading, done that a few times in the Jeep. My friend and I were driving on SR 135 (nice and curvy with elevation changes) in Indiana this afternoon, and came up on a hill in the road. I've been on this road a few times but today it caught me by surprise, I was in 2nd gear almost 4,000 RPM and BAM! up in the air and then BAM! again as we landed. Bill said, "DAMN, that was all four wheels off the ground!!!!" I tried to be cool, it was my first, all I was doing was checking the rear view mirror and looking at the oil pressure gage, but all was normal. Too Fast was like, "What, is that all you got?!" I felt like Burt in "Smokey and the Bandit" LOL. Then we stopped in Story IN for a beer to calm down.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Done it twice in my Camaro... 1st time was on the Interstate.. attempting to make an illegal U-turn and found that the side road was gravel.. at 70 you don't tend to stop real well.. went sliding through.. down the median ditch.. up the other side launching all 4 wheels.. landing perpendicular to traffic... who was obviously coming at 65+... and here was me DRASTICALLY trying to get the car going the right way fast enough to not get hit....

The other time was going with a friend on a back road near her house... going a little fast.. and she wanted me to go faster.. so I did.. then a railroad crossing... oops.. BAM then the feeling of complete weighlessness... seemed to take forever.. then BAAAMMMM! I was in the left lane.. the right lane.. back in the left... trying desperatly not to ditch the car... felt like the scene in Gone in 60 Seconds! Finally got control and stopped to see if I was leaking anything.. but thankfully I wasn't. Needless to say, it was a while before we took that road again.. lol.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

...nice.

Route 1 down by my house is a hump...it's been paved so many times that the roads that connect to it are about 3-4 feet lower then the center of Rt. 1. So, when I'm driving my Suburban, I love racing towards Rt. 1 (when I have a green light), and hitting the hump at about 70mph and flying for a good 50ft before I slam into the road. My suspension travel is large eough that there isn't any damage done. It's a blast

Black
    2002 Trans Am

ive only gotten the front wheels off the ground in my trans am going 60 mph over railroad crossing but ive always wanted to get all 4 off the ground lol

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Back when I was in high school (1994) I was driving my 84 trans am with three of my friends going to a party. As we were driving we came up to a steep hump which was actually a small bridge (now I know cops call it dead mans hill) I was doing about 50 in a 30, as we hit it we all had just enough time to yell oh shit as we sailed though the air. It felt like all four tires came off the ground but I wasn't sure so I turned around and hit the bridge the other way, this time at 70mph! As we were in the air I thought to myself I should of been a stunt driver for the show knightrider right up to the second we landed. Lets just say we never made it to the party and two weeks, $2k later I was driving my car to school again. And yes the money came out of my pocket!

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by Lutzfire24 View Post
    Lets just say we never made it to the party and two weeks, $2k later I was driving my car to school again. And yes the money came out of my pocket!
    Ouch... what exactly happened to the car?

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
    Ouch... what exactly happened to the car?
    When we landed it hit nose first, front clip was destroyed had to be replaced and most of the front suspension. Oil pan, motor mounts, cat and exhaust, all gone. But I was the talk of the school for about a day!

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Allright, i got one for this thread. Back in 00-01 I had bought a truck from a shady dealership. Well long story short they kept f*cking with me as far as picking it up. I needed a loaner car. They gave me a 90's buick lesabre (front drive 3.8). So me and a friend decided to beat the shit out of this car. So next thing I know we're bombing down farm roads (paths through corn fields) at about 80. I notice about 80-100 ft ahead the road (and its 3-4 foot incline to access it) so I turn to my boy and say "It's time to fly or die" and stuff it (3.8's can move). So I hit that incline at about 110, proceed to launch this buick right over the two lane blacktop, and land on the other side (not knowing it was a 6-7 ft drop off the road) and bury the nose in the dirt. We broke every single suspension component, motor mount, oil pan, trans mount, and even managed to do internal damage to the car. It was awesome. I just wish I could have been an onlooker seeing this big silver 4 door buick go sailing 8-10 ft above ground over the road. Must have looked epic. Told the stealership I didnt know what could have happened, and could I have my truck now? LMFAO They were sooo pissed, but couldnt prove anything. It was epic.
    FOR SALE 2000 Z28 M6
    It's pretty much Raw Awesome

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by buswwa View Post
    Allright, i got one for this thread. Back in 00-01 I had bought a truck from a shady dealership. Well long story short they kept f*cking with me as far as picking it up. I needed a loaner car. They gave me a 90's buick lesabre (front drive 3.8). So me and a friend decided to beat the shit out of this car. So next thing I know we're bombing down farm roads (paths through corn fields) at about 80. I notice about 80-100 ft ahead the road (and its 3-4 foot incline to access it) so I turn to my boy and say "It's time to fly or die" and stuff it (3.8's can move). So I hit that incline at about 110, proceed to launch this buick right over the two lane blacktop, and land on the other side (not knowing it was a 6-7 ft drop off the road) and bury the nose in the dirt. We broke every single suspension component, motor mount, oil pan, trans mount, and even managed to do internal damage to the car. It was awesome. I just wish I could have been an onlooker seeing this big silver 4 door buick go sailing 8-10 ft above ground over the road. Must have looked epic. Told the stealership I didnt know what could have happened, and could I have my truck now? LMFAO They were sooo pissed, but couldnt prove anything. It was epic.
    Nice, keep the stories coming y'all!

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by buswwa View Post
    omg...I cried laughing.

Thread Information