Thread: Alarm Systems

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

Alarm Systems

Well.....now that I am about to add some noteworthy toys to the bird, I fig I better ad the alarm system FIRST. Are there any suggestions on what I should get? I was told that the AUTOPAGE C3-RS915 was pretty good.

White

Hmm....I guess there is no help

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

does your car not have one?

White
    1998 Trans Am

I would go with new Viper alarm/remote start(forgot the model but the remote is silver)and add a glass sensor. The new sensors are great will pick up even the light sound from a spark plug or a bb gun both are easy ways to bypass a standard shock sensor. I plan on doing 1 on my TA with a motion sensor for when the t tops are off and 1 in my 93 lx 5.0 vert same setup, and one in my Trailblazer with the glass sensor. I plan on adding the module on all of the so I can use my iPhone rather than having 3 remotes to keep track of.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

My buddy owns a stereo shop and I can get you a good deal if you wanna install yourself.

I got a Excallibur comes with the pager (it will let you know if alarm is activated)
    also got all the bells and whistles as well as remote start.
    $200 installed.

I can also run the factory alarm as well. So technically I got 2 alarms on the ride.

Artic White
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Vert.

The viper 5901 is what i have on my escalade. I've got the glass break and proximity sensor. Its runs a bit pricey. I got the alarm itself off ebay and installed by a local shop. About 700 together with the add ons. It was well worth it though. The remote tells you when one of your sensors goes off or if the alarm goes off.

White

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    does your car not have one?
    My car has the factory crap...that's it. Since there are no visible fancy bells or whistles on it no one has bothered it.

White

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    I would go with new Viper alarm/remote start(forgot the model but the remote is silver)and add a glass sensor. The new sensors are great will pick up even the light sound from a spark plug or a bb gun both are easy ways to bypass a standard shock sensor. I plan on doing 1 on my TA with a motion sensor for when the t tops are off and 1 in my 93 lx 5.0 vert same setup, and one in my Trailblazer with the glass sensor. I plan on adding the module on all of the so I can use my iPhone rather than having 3 remotes to keep track of.
    This one sounds killer. I got a guy who has one of those SRT-8 Chargers and he may have what you are talkin bout. He dropped his windows, armed the alarm and reached in and BAM!!!....the alarm went off. I gotta look that one up.

White

Quote Originally Posted by knightryda01 View Post
    My buddy owns a stereo shop and I can get you a good deal if you wanna install yourself.

I got a Excallibur comes with the pager (it will let you know if alarm is activated)
    also got all the bells and whistles as well as remote start.
    $200 installed.

I can also run the factory alarm as well. So technically I got 2 alarms on the ride.
    How'd you pull off both alarms at once?

White
    1998 Trans Am

I got a local guy getting me the viper with glass for my trailblazer to replace the code alarm/remote start since my remotes are trashed and it's old and he's doing the alarm w/ glass sensor for me for $400 installed. I did get a great system from him for the truck a few years ago eclipse 5510 nav with Memphis 6.5's for the 5 doors and 2-12's in a ported box with a Memphis belle 5 ch running it all. Only sad part is the eclipse is getting dated after seeing the new models but it still works great so I'm putting it in my 5.0 and getting 2 new eclipses for my TA and trailblazer. Got my optima and a 220 amp alt in my TA so it's time for 1 10 on the side hatch and some Memphis components for the doors and set of coaxils for rear fill with another Memphis belle amp. The 5.0 will get some components 2 10's and a 4 channel massive amp that I had running 4 audiobahn 6.5 components and 2 audiobahn 10's. The amp puts out power if properly wired at the right ohm levels.

White

Yep....you will def need a security upgrade for all that

White
    1998 Trans Am

No need for the useless factory alarm my code bypasses it in my trailblazer and soon as I get the viper it'll get better range since my remotes are trashed. The LCD is cracked on the pager remote and the backup works when it want to.

Thread Information