Aftermarket seats?

Hey im real tall and have back problems so what would be a very comfortable aftermarket seat to put in a ws6? O and i dont want to spend a shit load of money too please ...thanks

Red
    1998 Trans Am Vert

I am right there with you man. 6'5 and 4 hyrniated discs with degenerative disc disease and some arthritis. Had a lamenectomy 20 years ago. Honestly, our seats are some of the best I have sat in. I actually just bought some seat heaters. They help quite a bit on bad days. Just find the right recline/lumbar inflate level/side bolster inflate and honestly our seats are great. Get the heaters though. Just be sure you get the kind that is in BOTH upper and lower sections of the seat.

Black
    2000 T/A

I think the seats just get more uncomfortable when you get into aftermarkets..... most seats you find are wrap around racing seats....

Quote Originally Posted by tbaum View Post
    I am right there with you man. 6'5 and 4 hyrniated discs with degenerative disc disease and some arthritis. Had a lamenectomy 20 years ago. Honestly, our seats are some of the best I have sat in. I actually just bought some seat heaters. They help quite a bit on bad days. Just find the right recline/lumbar inflate level/side bolster inflate and honestly our seats are great. Get the heaters though. Just be sure you get the kind that is in BOTH upper and lower sections of the seat.
    Which heaters did u buy? Price? Place to get them?

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

There are lots of after-market seats available. however they generally are aimed towards the racing market.

some things you can do before you go buying new seats are to recondition/repad your seats. with better/different foam. Or put extensions on the seat rails. ( which must be welded for safety reasons) if your legs are that long.. which i don't think I've ever seen anyone who is.

Generally stock seats are the most comfortable. others are designed for less comfort. more "keep my ass in the seat at .9G's" type of seat

Thread Information