Thread: ????

Blue
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am M6

Cool ????

I recently purchased a 2001 Trans AM (2nd owner). I took it to the track just to see what it would do stock before I start upgrading it. Friends with other T/A's and Camaros told me that it would probably run 14's in the 1/4 if not a little slower. Well turns out it ran a 13.3, 13.5, 13.6 on R17 tires. I had to show my time slips or else they thought I was a lie! The only thing that is currently on it is a K&N Air Intake, and I have a SLP shifter (which I don't like), and traction control. It does have a 6 speed tranny and I thought a stock LS1. Is it possible for a stock t/a to run a 13.3? I tried to contact the first owner to see if he did any mods and I can never reach him!

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Yes it is possible to run that fast.
    welcome to the world of the LS1

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

maybe they had it mixed up with the 93-97 TAs, the LT1 cars, they were low 14-high 13 sec cars stock.

LS1 TAs are good for mid to low 13s, WS6s a little quicker
    95 Exploder

01 R1 coming?

Blue
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am M6

cool.... i have a friend that has a automatic 2002 ws6 and he is running constant high 13's.so I think its still up to the driver on what time he gets. he talks a lot of smack so i'm going to race him sunday at the track! I have some stuff that i am about to install and then i should be running around mid 11's if not 11's. i'm going to change heads and internal engine components, i'm going to turn this engine inside out.

Thread Information