Dark Blue
    1998 Firebird

98 firebird alarm/turn signal in distress!

Hello, I'm new to this site. I'm trying to find some help in diagnosing what is wrong with my lovely Firebird. I must admit, I am not trying to make any modifications by any means, I just want to fix this issue.

Not too long ago, my right rear turn signal started acting up. About half of the time that I would turn on my right turn signal, the green arrow would just stay green. I decided to change the bulb, but the signal would still come on only half of the time. I was also told that my right brake light would not work whenever the turn signal wasn't working. I took my car in to the shop, and they replaced some wiring.

Well it started happening again the next day. The shop couldn't find anything wrong and has told me to check with a dealership. Also, to make this a little more frustrating, when I lock my doors with my key, the doors lock and the horn honks twice (as it's supposed to), and then within 5 seconds my alarm will go off twice and then go off.

I'm assuming that these problems are related and are not a good thing. Does anyone have any advice or know what is going on?

Thanks!
    Renee

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

You might check the front signal bulb/socket. Seems common for them to collect water and corrode--mine did and read about it on here several times. That would explain the turn signal issue--i don't have any idea if that would effect your alarm issue though.

The alarm going off by itself right after arming is usually a sign the shock sensor is bad - try disconnecting it temporarily and see if it stops. Why are you locking it with the key?

Pewter Metallic (1of?)
    2001 Formula M6(1 of 225)

I had that issue when my front left turn signal bulb burned out, the turn signal would stay solid. Now the alarm issue, i would also have to say that it is probably one of the vibration sensors with the alarm.

Thread Information